Redskins @ Eagles

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Re: Redskins @ Eagles

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:13 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:As much as I like touchdowns... with this fn D.... CT should've gave himself up on the 2. Take three knees and then kick a FG

How dare you criticize this defense.

Dog. I told you, we all criticize and critique this team and it's coaches... the "this game is over" "this team sucks". Is the garbage you post.

It's called frustration

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Great of the announcers to remind us that the fecals have suspensions and injuries to deal with. What a cross to bear, I guess the 31 other teams are at full strength...
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Nyfinest-
I hear ya.... but it's just adding injury insult, salt in the wound type stuff.. we all feel the same frustration, this team is hard AF to watch each week! Pointing out the player who wiffed or the play call that was atrocious or the bad call by the ref, is one thing. Bashing our team and going off on the knee jerk reactions is just hard to read at those times of frustration.
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Ryan Kerrigan is an absolute stud.

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:24 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Nyfinest-
I hear ya.... but it's just adding injury insult, salt in the wound type stuff.. we all feel the same frustration, this team is hard AF to watch each week! Pointing out the player who wiffed or the play call that was atrocious or the bad call by the red is one thing. Bashing our team and going off on the knee jerk reactions is just hard to read at those times of frustration.

All is good. This defense is of serious concern and better get addressed during the offseason.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Amen!
I feel myself aging each game I watch this year- my heart cant take another year of a top 5 offense backed by a historically bad D....

The announcer made some good points today, which is rare for the ever bias announcers. One if which, that the D is actually doing the hard parts well, then missing the layup. They get through first and second down, then *sh$t* the bed on third and long... SO painful to watch them give up a wide open pass in the middle of the field for 13 yards on third and 10.

A top ten D makes us SB contenders with the current weapons on Offense
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Yo - Philly

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:49 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:Two terrible calls to the benefit of the fecals, just like clockwork. The refs can't stand a fair game where the 'Skins are concerned. How many hits like that have the fecals delivered over the years that have been classified as "great hits" or "real , tough football" and not penalties?

Rigged.

We destroyed Sproles and the ball hit us in the back. Penalty for sure.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:53 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:Doesn't matter. The refs got what they needed with the reversal of Crowder's catch and the horrific call on the Sproles hit. They will make sure to let the fecals do whatever they need to do to convert this 4th down and go on to score a TD.

Crowder's OB non-catch was correctly ruled OB. His other "incomplete" was correctly ruled a catch and a number of steps and down by contact on review.

Sproles call was correct as we hit him before ball arrived. Ball hit us in the back as we delivered hit.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:55 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:Refs got this. No matter what happens, fecals get the ball. They have come to far to fail now!

I do not think the refs are remotely in-the-tank for the Eagles.

This

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Should have kicked the PAT there. No guarantee the Eagles can even execute a snap at this point.

Must disagree. Cannot allow the possibility of a PAT winning for them this late.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:Great of the announcers to remind us that the fecals have suspensions and injuries to deal with. What a cross to bear, I guess the 31 other teams are at full strength...

Agreed. Announcers in the tank for sure. Refs were fine, though - not great but plenty fair.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:01 pm

NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Nyfinest-
I hear ya.... but it's just adding injury insult, salt in the wound type stuff.. we all feel the same frustration, this team is hard AF to watch each week! Pointing out the player who wiffed or the play call that was atrocious or the bad call by the red is one thing. Bashing our team and going off on the knee jerk reactions is just hard to read at those times of frustration.

All is good. This defense is of serious concern and better get addressed during the offseason.

Philly scored 22 with a pick 6. D held them to 15.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Sproles call was correct as we hit him before ball arrived. Ball hit us in the back as we delivered hit.

True, however Sproles should have called a fair catch. Instead he crouched down and got nailed in the chest with a shoulder.

"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Sproles got tagged high - some shoulder, most of the contact was to the helmet

If Sproles had not been hit early and had caught the ball he would have been hit so hard he would have fumbled
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Return to Game Day