giants @ Redskins - 4:25pm

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Re: giants @ Redskins - 4:25pm

Postby oj » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:37 am

Sigh. Time to hobble off and lick my wounds.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:46 am

[quote="Burgundy&Wha?"][quote="NYFINESTSKINSFAN"][quote="Burgundy&Wha?"][quote="NYFINESTSKINSFAN"]

Can't motivate a team to beat a team who has nothing to play for...yeah, your done in the NFL.

How about a bet? If Gruden is still the coach next season, you leave this board. If he isn't, I will. Deal?

This board is on life support as it is and you want members leaving?

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:49 am

grampi wrote:I just don't understand this team. Its had no heart and no character for the last 25 years. Think of all the personnel turnover this team has had in that quarter century, and still nothing changes. I've blamed the defense this year for being bad (and they are), but the offense has been just as bad at times, and usually when their needed most (like yesterday). I could say the DC needs to go, but how much of it is just lousy play by the players? I could say Gruden needs to go, but we've had hundreds of head coaches (seems like it anyway) in the last 25 years and they all have led the team down mediocre ally, or worse, all the way to suckville. The team's problems aren't the same every year, but they just seem to exchange one problem for another and the team continues to lose too many of the games they should win, and absolutely choke when a win is needed most. I guess the $64K question is; what does this team need? Everything has been changed out multiple times except for the owner...

You have to think positive and see rainbows. Skins are a good team. They will make the playoffs next year.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:56 am

NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:

Can't motivate a team to beat a team who has nothing to play for...yeah, your done in the NFL.

How about a bet? If Gruden is still the coach next season, you leave this board. If he isn't, I will. Deal?

This board is on life support as it is and you want members leaving?

I'm no Gruden fan but As a coach of a team with playoff berth on the line, what more motivation does a player need? I'm going to limb and say Gruden reminded them of that all week...as player if you weren't motivated to play yesterday that was your problem!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:26 am

I'm not so sure that Jay Gruden or any of the coaches is the problem - I really do hope that Dan Snyder does not make a knee jerk move here and let's these guys handle things for another season

this is not about 1 bad game or what happened on the field the last 2 games at home - there were a number of times this season that things just were way out of whack and we saw clearly that the team was lacking motivation - admittedly a lot of that is on the coaching staff - BUT - we had an offense that produced record passing yards and when you think of all the passes that were dropped or wide open receivers that never got the ball you just have to shake your head and then you factor in the poor play from the defensive guys ...

hopefully we let Scot and his guys add to the mix and give all these guys another shot rather than going through the turmoil of replacing coaches - these guys are good, we need to try and keep adding to the mix
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering
give people the authority to do their jobs and support them
'Happy Xmas, you're fired Bruce Allen' would be a good start

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:28 am

NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
grampi wrote:I just don't understand this team. Its had no heart and no character for the last 25 years. Think of all the personnel turnover this team has had in that quarter century, and still nothing changes. I've blamed the defense this year for being bad (and they are), but the offense has been just as bad at times, and usually when their needed most (like yesterday). I could say the DC needs to go, but how much of it is just lousy play by the players? I could say Gruden needs to go, but we've had hundreds of head coaches (seems like it anyway) in the last 25 years and they all have led the team down mediocre ally, or worse, all the way to suckville. The team's problems aren't the same every year, but they just seem to exchange one problem for another and the team continues to lose too many of the games they should win, and absolutely choke when a win is needed most. I guess the $64K question is; what does this team need? Everything has been changed out multiple times except for the owner...

You have to think positive and see rainbows. Skins are a good team. They will make the playoffs next year.

Even if they do, they'll just lose in the 1st round like they always do...making the post season isn't good enough, this team needs to get back to its SB winning ways...

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 am

F A C T - to have ANY chance of even playing in the Super Bowl game .... you must make it to the playoffs

NO FRANCHISE in history has ever won the Super Bowl without first making it into the playoffs

#-o
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering
give people the authority to do their jobs and support them
'Happy Xmas, you're fired Bruce Allen' would be a good start

Return to Game Day