Eagles @ Redskins..... HTTR

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Diesel

Re: Eagles @ Redskins..... HTTR

Postby DEHog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 am

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Why have replay?
to correct obviously bad calls
I did not see anything on the replay that clearly showed that the call on the field was wrong?

We will just disagree...Not saying it cost us the game...just a bad call.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/9069 ... st_id=true
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby oj » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 am

Gruden should be emptying out his desk. That was some of the worst play calling and an ill prepared team as ever took the field. The routes are terrible, for instance, the first near pick on Cousins had the defender of another receiver breaking on the ball. What is another receiver doing bringing a defender into the play? They are supposed to be clearing them out? Think about it, almost every pass Cousins made had a defender that was not covering the receiver get a hand on the ball or be too close to it. Compare the routes to what Brady's or Rogers' receivers are running, the guy catching the ball is the last one thru, they manipulate the defender so he is on the outside and the QB has a window to throw too, all other defenders are cleared out. Every Cousins completion has to be deadnuts perfect pass thru a keyhole and he can't do it, esp yesterday when he showed everybody - including the playcaller - that he was throwing high. Playcallers are supposed to evaluate and adjust the calls to what they can do, it was clear to everybody they couldn't complete 10-15yd passes, they were in fact dangerous, and they could complete 4-6yd dinkand dunks so what did th eplay caller do? he dialed up more 10-15yd passes.
That was some terrible officiating, the Eagles' players were actually giddy with delight over that fumble call that Gruden just accepted.
Molon Labe

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:05 am

DEHog wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
I did not see anything on the replay that clearly showed that the call on the field was wrong?

agree - the call was questionable (at best) - the NY people could have over-ruled it - the players seemed to think that it would not stand
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering
give people the authority to do their jobs and support them
'Happy Xmas, you're fired Bruce Allen' would be a good start

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:26 am

First and foremost Kirk Cousins will leave and go to the 49ers and I say GOOD RIDDANCE. Jay Gruden is a terrible play caller, Bill Callahan needs to really get into the offensive lines ass after how they played yesterday and that Josh Doctson is a BUST! he is Malcom Kelly 2.0. The defense played well but Norman and Breeland still can't catch a cold. As bad as the offense played the ref's still had to cheat though, if that was Aaron Rogers, or any other QB that fumble would have been a in-completion, his arm was going forward. Well at least we looked better than the Giants. Tell me Nate Sudfeld didn't give the Eagles every call every signal. Jay Gruden is again showing why he is over rated. That is why we won't succeed Gruden's Arena Football offense and coaching is just Steve Spurrier 2.0. This team since Snyder brought it has been nothing but a disappointment. Next week the Redskins are going to get destroyed by The Rams. They will put a 50 burger on us.

swine

Postby elprez19 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 am

Every year this team is on repeat. How the hell can Jay Gruden never have his team ready to win on opening day? Kirk Cousins throws picks at the worst time like he did against the Giants last year and now this game. Back to back games where he has thrown a pick in the red zone on the potential game winning drive. I'm ready to start over with a new coach and qb, these 2 guys can't figure it out. We lose at home like it's the norm, pathetic!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:43 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Sack, strip, fumble. Beat Morgan Moses like a drum. Easy as that.

heard his ankle is injured.........blah blah blah. We keep making excuses. Get some healthy bum off the street.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 am

Kinda sad..........we use to have 11 or 15 pages of Thread on any given Sunday.

Now, where have they all gone? Twitter and FB..............

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am

absinthe1023 wrote:Wow. 14 posts on the Gameday thread for the season opener against a division rival? I don't want to see this place die after all these years, but damn....

I'm with you man.........but as other's have stated, the social media has crushed this site.

Just like MTV and Youtube has affected the radio.....

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 am

Whole team lost the game. High throws, dropped balls, muffed punts, Oline leaky, dropped ints, poor play calling, 3 man rush on 3rd down ...... CAN'T WIN LIKE THAT..!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:33 pm

=D> Well done Cousins, well friggin done!!!! :explode:

..and yes, I'm solely blaming him even though I know it wasn't all him. I care zero.

Need a new QB, new coach, new team, new owner, new gm, new stadium, new parking lot, new shoes, new car...
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 pm

4 turnovers and 4 sacks = a HORRIBLE effort

it will be very revealing to see how the team responds to this by their level of play in the next game
The Redskins have been a huge disappointment since 1999 - it's not getting better until Dan Snyder stops interfering
give people the authority to do their jobs and support them
'Happy Xmas, you're fired Bruce Allen' would be a good start

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Kinda sad..........we use to have 11 or 15 pages of Thread on any given Sunday.

Nobody is promoting it on their pages. Alot of new potential users untapped that don't even know about this forum. Extreme redskins site haven't diminished so you cannot blame it on twitter and facebook.

But yeah bad game Sunday....we all seen it coming.

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Terrible, terrible game by everyone. Defense was pathetic on third down. Again, the rushing attack was non-existent.

But hey, as KC said: maybe the offense will start clicking in October.

This is going to be a looooong season.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:16 pm

mastdark81 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Kinda sad..........we use to have 11 or 15 pages of Thread on any given Sunday.

Nobody is promoting it on their pages. Alot of new potential users untapped that don't even know about this forum. Extreme redskins site haven't diminished so you cannot blame it on twitter and facebook.

But yeah bad game Sunday....we all seen it coming.

I disagree.. It isnt FB and twitter, its lack of giving a Huck!! I'm an admin on a fb redskins page.. We had like two posts to the usual nonstop updates.

When the team is garbage, people don't want to post about it and keep replaying the hurt over and over.. Hell I'm to the point, after watching the pukes win and us suck vs a division rival, that I dont even want to look at fantasy football or care about the NFL as a whole!! Its just maddening, sickening... To much fish to catch and golf balls to lose instead of torture myself on game days.

But alas, I shall. Until my eyes bleed, like every year.. The curse of being a B&G fan... The hope train this off season delivered very little, hype is down, patience is lost, posts will be low. Until we beat a good team or two this is what should be expected from a tired, proud, redskins nation

Hail
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:58 pm

DEHog wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

Exactly
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Game Day