Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1764
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:29 pm

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby absinthe1023 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:44 pm

No difference when Doctson got facemasked in the endzone? That was just the latest no-call. You can't tell me if that happened to a Patriots player or a Cowboys player that the call wouldn't have been made. The 'Skins definitely made tons of mistakes of their own, I agree.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor


As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:48 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:No difference when Doctson got facemasked in the endzone? That was just the latest no-call. You can't tell me if that happened to a Patriots player or a Cowboys player that the call wouldn't have been made. The 'Skins definitely made tons of mistakes of their own, I agree.

There was NO facemask on Doctson. He barely touched his facemask.

You are "refs cost us the game" all the time.

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 6474
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:13 pm

The calls were lopsided.. But they always are! We ad a chance but Doctson couldn't secure it through the ground.

Minus the debacle on the las stitch effort fail of a play, it was a good game to build on. Hung in with the #1 team for four quarters and came up short- at THEIR HOUSE.
INJURIES GALORE but still we had a chance. A gutsy go for bit on fourth since our D was banged up would've been fun, but owell. Heads high, we have a lot of games yet!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby hitmandm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 pm

The Redskins are lucky theyre 2-2. The Raiders threw the game last week because Carr stood during the national anthem.

Cousins continues to show he is not a franchise QB. He still cannot beat good teams.

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 6474
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:05 am

Lmao he was our best player tonight... Gtfoh
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 am
Location: Shenandoah Valley

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby oj » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 am

Penalties cost us the game, some penalty calls were good and when they start calling penalty calls the bad ones will follow.
We played well enough to win, they did good. I even liked the play calling, Gruden is impressing me and the entire staff is championship calibre. We got a very good team.
Molon Labe

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby Hooligan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:18 pm

oj wrote:Penalties cost us the game, some penalty calls were good and when they start calling penalty calls the bad ones will follow.
We played well enough to win, they did good. I even liked the play calling, Gruden is impressing me and the entire staff is championship calibre. We got a very good team.


Some will blame the questionable calls but there were plenty of legit ones that extended the Chiefs' drives. (Looking at you, Preston Smith) If those drives had ended in stops like they should have, we would have had a convincing win. I love how the announcers credited the Chiefs for how well they moved the ball... our defense moved the ball for them via penalty yards. :roll:

Otherwise, I agree with oj. We have a good enough team to beat anybody out there if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Also glad to read that no Redskins "protested" this week.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog
Posts: 1951
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:14 pm

hitmandm wrote:The Redskins are lucky theyre 2-2. The Raiders threw the game last week because Carr stood during the national anthem.

Cousins continues to show he is not a franchise QB. He still cannot beat good teams.


This loss is not on Cousins, he played well. Penalties, mostly by the defense, injuries, horrible play calling inside the red zone, and the dropped pass in the end zone late in the 4th is what cost us the game. I don't believe I've ever seen that many players get hurt in a single game, which leads me to believe they were more than just coincidental...

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 8705
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:33 pm

grampi wrote:horrible play calling inside the red zone


Kind of a head scratcher comment. We were only in the KC red zone twice. Once for a TD and once for a FG. Ran a total of five plays. I get your point that we'd like to get a TD instead of a FG on that second drive, but didn't strike me as horrible play calling there that cost us the game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 17652
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:47 pm

the team did not embarrass themselves as they have on national TV recently

actually, we could have won this game by just playing to our capabilities and not making mistakes defensively that extended drives AND not executing plays offensively that would have extended drives - good teams find ways to win games like this and we are not there yet

as usual, we're going to win some games we shouldn't and we're going to lose some games we should have won
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 8705
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:as usual, we're going to win some games we shouldn't and we're going to lose some games we should have won


That's definitely true, but its not unique to the Redskins. Who was expecting the Bills to beat the Falcons this week?

I like that strategy of looking at the season in quarters and not getting too hung up on one week. To stay on pace, gotta win 2 of every 4 games. And somewhere along the way gotta win 3 of 4. Damn we were close to 3-1...

Next up: 49ers, Pukes, Iggles, Seahawks. Can we get two more wins out of that four? How about three?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 17652
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:16 am

riggofan wrote:I like that strategy of looking at the season in quarters and not getting too hung up on one week. To stay on pace, gotta win 2 of every 4 games. And somewhere along the way gotta win 3 of 4. Damn we were close to 3-1...

Next up: 49ers, Pukes, Iggles, Seahawks. Can we get two more wins out of that four? How about three?


we could win 4 of those based on what we've seen and especially the past 2 games - we don't need these guys to do anything above what they're capable of - they just need to clean up the mistakes that are costing us 1st downs and from stopping the other team on offense
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 6474
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:57 am

hanburgerheel wrote:
absinthe1023 wrote:No difference when Doctson got facemasked in the endzone? That was just the latest no-call. You can't tell me if that happened to a Patriots player or a Cowboys player that the call wouldn't have been made. The 'Skins definitely made tons of mistakes of their own, I agree.

There was NO facemask on Doctson. He barely touched his facemask.

You are "refs cost us the game" all the time.


I have the pic.. His hand was IN his face mask poking eyes out.. But ok
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Posts: 1951
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby grampi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 pm

hitmandm wrote:The Redskins are lucky theyre 2-2. The Raiders threw the game last week because Carr stood during the national anthem.

Cousins continues to show he is not a franchise QB. He still cannot beat good teams.


You're drinkin the Kool-Aid if you think the Faiders threw that game...

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 17652
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Re: Redskins at the Chiefs on MNF football

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:42 pm

hitmandm wrote:The Redskins are lucky they're 2-2.The Raiders threw the game last week because Carr stood during the national anthem.

Cousins continues to show he is not a franchise QB. He still cannot beat good teams.


:shock: this is just not true ...

the Redskins are unlucky not to be 3-1

The Raiders did not "throw the game", that is just a stupid assertion - they lost because the Redskins defense and offense played better

Cousins may not be a franchise QB but he's playing well - he was not the reason we lost to the Chiefs - we made too many mistakes
The Redskins will never be a consistently successful franchise while Dan Snyder is so involved with 'managing'
we may have some success but there's no chance of any consistentency ... NONE!

Return to Game Day