Redskins at the Eagles on MNF

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Re: Redskins at the Eagles on MNF

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 pm

SkinsJock wrote:there's a good time? Cousins let's us down again

There are times when it is not as costly.

Cousins lacks the necessary confidence and assertiveness that is needed for a great NFL QB. He's a decent back-up. He's never going to be a starting QB for a successful team.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 pm

gotta love how classy that was - no need to score a TD - a FG is just as big a killer score

no big deal - we're not that good
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Cousins now padding his stats - nothing big and running time off the clock
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:26 pm

after this game it'll be interesting to see if we're still favored to beat the Cowboys next Sunday

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 pm

SkinsJock wrote:gotta love how classy that was - no need to score a TD - a FG is just as big a killer score

no big deal - we're not that good

Nope.

It's a shame we have the injuries now on the O Line. Norman back healthy would be a big help, too. Also, I think we need a WR play-maker.

I don't think Cousins will ever make it beyond the stat-sheet padder.

This last TD was a gift from Philly's defense.

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Cousins is 0-6 as a starter on MNF

There ya go

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 pm

what was Cousins doing with that last pass - are you effing kidding me

Hog

Postby hitmandm » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:18 am

Another MNF and another prime time reason to believe that Cousins is not a franchise QB.

The issue is that our team has not drafted a replacement QB for when Cousins is gone. We should have drafted a developmental QB 1-2 years ago.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 am

it doesn't take long to get your QB up to speed - Wentz was drafted last year

even if we'd brought in a replacement for Cousins there's little chance that the triumvirate of Snyder, Allen and Gruden would have selected anyone that would become a winning NFL QB

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:10 am

It's pretty tough for Cousins to do anything when his offensive line is constantly being pushed back into him before he has time to throw the ball. Also, the defense was on the cusp of making a lot of drive stopping plays last night, but they just kept letting it slip away. And they were keeping Eagle drives alive with defensive penalties. The pass interference and personal foul penalties have got to stop. This team just can never seem to break out of mediocreville. They never get any better, while the rest of the teams in the division go through their improvements, the Skins stay the same or get worse. Every team in our division has either been to, or won Super Bowls since we have, and I'm sick of it. When will it be our turn again?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 am

everyone knew what the Eagles defense does with Schwartz as the DC - apparently, we did not!

totally understand that it takes a good game from everyone but letting both Jackson and Garcon go was a stupid decision

Hog

Postby hitmandm » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm

We need to work out a trade with SF for Cousins. The 18 QB class sucks so we can get something for him.

Time to jettison Gruden as well. Gruden is literally the dumbest coach in the NFL.

You can go back years of my posts and they are consistent: Cousins is not a franchise QB and Gruden is a horrible coach. The sooner we come to grips with this we can move forward

Hog

Postby oj » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:42 pm

I've been a Cousins supporter but last night gave me doubts, he can't make the play that needs to be made. He don't have tha killer instinct. I'm wondering about Sweranger too, he was making judgment mistakes allowing two touchdowns. Where was the LB spy to watch Wentz, I thought it was obvious we'd need a spy to contain his ramblings after getting flushed. How is it Ertz get an LB to cover him 20yds downfield? I managed to watch into the 3rd quarter and went to bed.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby grampi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:17 am

oj wrote:I've been a Cousins supporter but last night gave me doubts, he can't make the play that needs to be made. He don't have tha killer instinct. I'm wondering about Sweranger too, he was making judgment mistakes allowing two touchdowns. Where was the LB spy to watch Wentz, I thought it was obvious we'd need a spy to contain his ramblings after getting flushed. How is it Ertz get an LB to cover him 20yds downfield? I managed to watch into the 3rd quarter and went to bed.

Did you see the difference in the amount of time Cousins had to throw the ball early in the game as compared to late in the game? Early, his O-line was giving him time and his throws were right on the money. Later in the game, the O-line was being pushed back into Cousins before he had time to throw. That's not on Cousins, that's on the O-line. Our defense is a much bigger problem than Cousins is...

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 am

grampi wrote:Did you see the difference in the amount of time Cousins had to throw the ball early in the game as compared to late in the game? Early, his O-line was giving him time and his throws were right on the money. Later in the game, the O-line was being pushed back into Cousins before he had time to throw. That's not on Cousins, that's on the O-line. Our defense is a much bigger problem than Cousins is...

+1. Probably had something to do with Scherff, Williams and Morgan Moses all getting injured. :D

Cousins was okay, and I still would argue he's good enough to win with a good team around him. But no denying that Wentz shows the difference a "special" QB can make. He kept rolling even after Jason Peters went down. That guy looks like the real deal unfortunately.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Return to Game Day