Cowboys @ Redskins

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog

Re: Cowboys @ Redskins

Postby hitmandm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:50 pm

It is all good that you guys are finally seeing what I have been saying all these years about Captain Pick and Stupid Fat Gruden.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Well, Cousins didn't disappoint. He got in his game ending interception.

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:57 am

The bad news is that we did not sign Cousins to a LTD but with this FO they could make up for that by giving him a LTD and making it easy for them not to pay anyone else .... they will not be able to afford them
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 am

aswas71788 wrote:Well, Cousins didn't disappoint. He got in his game ending interception.

I know it man. WE WERE SO CLOSE TO WINNING THAT GAME OTHERWISE. Damn you, Kirk. ](*,)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:33 pm

anyone that thinks that the problems here have any chance of being resolved with these 2 bozos in charge is just kidding themselves

I'm not suggesting we will be better off with a new HC, a new QB or, if we did not have a number of injuries to key players - the thing is that the guys in charge of addressing the issues we confront and which most all good franchises have to address are the most at fault here - Dan and Bruce are not the only reason we're not very good but they are the ones that think they know who is best suited to play and coach here

HOW is anything going to get better with these 2 idiots refusing to step aside & let the franchise be managed like other successful franchises
The Redskins franchise has been a mess since 1999 - it's baffling that some here think that things might improve while the franchise continues to be mismanaged - this idiot owner has no clue about the NFL

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 pm

earlier this season, most had us at 8 or 9 wins - that seems a little unrealistic at this time :(

Hog

Postby grampi » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:44 pm

I'm about ready to give up on NFL football. My team hasn't won a Super Bowl in 25 years, and it doesn't look like they're going to win another anytime in the near future. I'm sick of the same teams being good every year. The matchups just aren't there anymore which makes for a lot of boring games. I'm sick of the protesting. Politics has no place in sports. And I'm sick of the money grubbing...all the league cares about is money...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:51 am

grampi wrote:I'm about ready to give up on NFL football. My team hasn't won a Super Bowl in 25 years, and it doesn't look like they're going to win another anytime in the near future. I'm sick of the same teams being good every year. The matchups just aren't there anymore which makes for a lot of boring games. I'm sick of the protesting. Politics has no place in sports. And I'm sick of the money grubbing...all the league cares about is money...

:shock: The NFL is a business - it's only the fans that care about wins and losses

the better teams are more successful because they understand the importance of having depth and what it takes to continue to be good

there are some players that feel they have to take advantage of their situation to bring attention to social injustice - I'm not sure that I would do the same were I in their position but they should be allowed to express their views in the manner they think is best

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:13 am

SkinsJock wrote:there are some players that feel they have to take advantage of their situation to bring attention to social injustice - I'm not sure that I would do the same were I in their position but they should be allowed to express their views in the manner they think is best

I don't have a problem with players protesting. I have a problem with them using the NFL as a platform for their protests. When they are wearing their uniform and standing on a football field, they representing the NFL. They are paid to play, therefore they are an employee of the NFL. If I protest at work, I would get fired. Why should players be allowed to protest at work? They should do their protesting on their own time, off the field, and not in uniform...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:55 am

grampi wrote:I don't have a problem with players protesting. I have a problem with them using the NFL as a platform for their protests. When they are wearing their uniform and standing on a football field, they are representing the NFL. They are paid to play, therefore they are an employee of the NFL. If I protest at work, I would get fired. Why should players be allowed to protest at work? They should do their protesting on their own time, off the field, and not in uniform.

I don't think any of the owners is stupid enough to fire any player over this, but it would be fun to see the ramifications if one did do that

what do you think would be a more effective way for those players that want to bring attention to social injustice?

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:I don't have a problem with players protesting. I have a problem with them using the NFL as a platform for their protests. When they are wearing their uniform and standing on a football field, they are representing the NFL. They are paid to play, therefore they are an employee of the NFL. If I protest at work, I would get fired. Why should players be allowed to protest at work? They should do their protesting on their own time, off the field, and not in uniform.

I don't think any of the owners is stupid enough to fire any player over this, but it would be fun to see the ramifications if one did do that

what do you think would be a more effective way for those players that want to bring attention to social injustice?

How about if they direct their protests in the right direction? If they're protesting against our so called oppressive police forces, why not go stand in front of a police station and protest? Kneeling during the national anthem is disrespectful to ALL Americans, and since when is the flag a symbol of our police forces?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:22 pm

not sure that is going to get the attention they want or that they feel that is the best way to make their appeal for dialogue ...

I'm sure they do not mean to dis-respect the flag or the anthem but it does not surprise me that some think that is what they are trying to do

communication is a great thing and the current political situation has very little of it that makes any sense - especially from the top

I am encouraged to hear reports that some of the players that are involved are considering a more pro active career in politics or the like after their playing days are done - sounds like a good thing to me :lol:

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:27 pm

SkinsJock wrote:not sure that is going to get the attention they want or that they feel that is the best way to make their appeal for dialogue ...

I'm sure they do not mean to dis-respect the flag or the anthem but it does not surprise me that some think that is what they are trying to do

communication is a great thing and the current political situation has very little of it that makes any sense - especially from the top

I am encouraged to hear reports that some of the players that are involved are considering a more pro active career in politics or the like after their playing days are done - sounds like a good thing to me :lol:

I doubt if I used the excuse that protesting on my own time and not using my job as platform to get my message out would not convey my message would get me off the hook, so why should they be able to use the NFL as their platform? People don't want to see politics during sporting events...not the proper time or place to protest...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:07 pm

there's a lot of anger out there right now and some players are using their position to try and get some dialogue going - responses from Trump, Jones and McNair are actually encouraging more 'reaction' from the players

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:57 am

grampi wrote:People don't want to see politics during sporting events...not the proper time or place to protest...

Protesting social injustice is not "politics." Mike Pence going to, and leaving a game, for the sole purpose of denouncing the protests is politics. But I bet you had no problem whatsoever with that stunt. The fact that it makes you uncomfortable, only proves that it is exactly the right time and place. In fact, any time or platform that can be used to protest social injustice, is the right time and place.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Game Day