Cowboys @ Redskins

This sub forum is STRICTLY for THN's Redskins' Game Day threads.
Forum rules
Despite our PG board, we WILL tolerate more colorful verbage on game days, but we still ask that you never attack the poster unless it is in Smack.
Hog
Posts: 1959
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Cowboys @ Redskins

Postby grampi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:People don't want to see politics during sporting events...not the proper time or place to protest...

Protesting social injustice is not "politics." Mike Pence going to, and leaving a game, for the sole purpose of denouncing the protests is politics. But I bet you had no problem whatsoever with that stunt. The fact that it makes you uncomfortable, only proves that it is exactly the right time and place. In fact, any time or platform that can be used to protest social injustice, is the right time and place.


What social injustice? You mean when a black guy gets killed after committing a crime and then fighting with police?

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 18370
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Cowboys @ Redskins

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:15 am

grampi wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
grampi wrote:People don't want to see politics during sporting events...not the proper time or place to protest...

Protesting social injustice is not "politics." Mike Pence going to, and leaving a game, for the sole purpose of denouncing the protests is politics. But I bet you had no problem whatsoever with that stunt. The fact that it makes you uncomfortable, only proves that it is exactly the right time and place. In fact, any time or platform that can be used to protest social injustice, is the right time and place.


What social injustice? You mean when a black guy gets killed after committing a crime and then fighting with police?

:shock: Wow! Just wow.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge
Posts: 16615
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Cowboys @ Redskins

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:48 am

There is a forum where political discussions are appropriate. This is NOT it. By definition, a protest is political, and demonstrating resolve against a protest is political, so no matter how you view it... take it to the lounge.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 18370
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Cowboys @ Redskins

Postby Deadskins » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Countertrey wrote:There is a forum where political discussions are appropriate. This is NOT it. By definition, a protest is political, and demonstrating resolve against a protest is political, so no matter how you view it... take it to the lounge.

I agree about this being the wrong forum here at THN, but not about a protest being political by definition. Regardless, this is my last post on the subject.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge
Posts: 16615
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Cowboys @ Redskins

Postby Countertrey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:There is a forum where political discussions are appropriate. This is NOT it. By definition, a protest is political, and demonstrating resolve against a protest is political, so no matter how you view it... take it to the lounge.

I agree about this being the wrong forum here at THN, but not about a protest being political by definition. Regardless, this is my last post on the subject.
Your definition of politics is clearly, quite narrow. Ultimately, it is the art of influencing others to your way of thinking... clearly, that is the intention of any protest...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 1959
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Cowboys @ Redskins

Postby grampi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 am

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:There is a forum where political discussions are appropriate. This is NOT it. By definition, a protest is political, and demonstrating resolve against a protest is political, so no matter how you view it... take it to the lounge.

I agree about this being the wrong forum here at THN, but not about a protest being political by definition. Regardless, this is my last post on the subject.
Your definition of politics is clearly, quite narrow. Ultimately, it is the art of influencing others to your way of thinking... clearly, that is the intention of any protest...


Does this surprise you? He obviously buys into the false narrative of the protesters, so him thinking that protesting is not political doesn't surprise me...

Return to Game Day