DR. Ben Carson for President....

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

DR. Ben Carson for President....

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Who's on board...??? His words below:

One of the verses that seems very pertinent to America today is Proverbs 22:7, which says, “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.”

Most of us grew up hearing that debt is a very bad thing. The advent and wide dissemination of credit cards diminished such teachings, and those in charge of our nation’s finances over the past few decades seem to revel in debt.

As a nation, we currently are carrying a national debt of $17.5 trillion. If we repaid it at a rate of $10 million per day, seven days a week, 365 days per year, it would take 4,700 years to repay.

The only reason that we can sustain such a level of debt is our status as the international reserve currency for the world.

This is a position usually reserved for the most reliable and strongest economic nation, and this status allows us to print money. If Greece could print money, it would not be bankrupt, although it would probably continue to drive up its debt.

Additionally, we have unfunded liabilities of at least $100 trillion.

Why am I concerned about this? I have been talking about this issue since long before Russian President Vladimir Putin’s recent threat to abandon the U.S. dollar as Russia’s reserve currency.

Unless he could attract many other nations to do the same, he would likely inflict more short-term damage on his own country than on the United States.

Nevertheless, the very mention of such an action should send shivers down our spine. He recognizes our vulnerable position, which is exacerbated by our insistence on incurring unsustainable levels of debt. I have no doubt that at a strategic moment, he will exploit our weakness.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... de/?page=1
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

cappster

Re: DR. Ben Carson for President....

Postby Cappster » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 am

Nope. He is another bible thumper whose views on evolution and gay marriage are skewed by his religious beliefs. Social issues are the tipping point for who I will vote for in an election.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

swine

Re: DR. Ben Carson for President....

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm

I would have no problems supporting Carson. The first conservative that I like is the one I will support and if they drop out then I will go from there. 3 people I like I no are not running for sure, so there are 3 I have my eye on for 2016

Return to The Lounge