Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby flamethrower » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:10 pm

DEHog wrote:
TexasCowboy wrote:He's not arguing, we're actually having a discussion on the subject at hand, I believe that to clear up the congestion of
confusion surrounding who actually plays for the Division I title every year, along with the confusion of the playoff
system its self, There have to be individual schools the ones I mentioned, That do need to take the step down to
Division II

Nationally many of them just aren't ever going to compete recruiting wise with the bigger name schools
they may offer the program in which they want a degree in? but there is also the issue of wanting to be
in the NFL when their college days are over with?

They need national exposure and an actual title to give them that chance, let's face it playing in some
flimsy bowl game isn't enough anymore if I were out of high school. Looking to play college ball and
I were given the choice between Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas or Buffalo

you can't seriously believe I would even entertain Buffalo as my choice when the top schools are
calling

I say drop the schools I mentioned to Division II and let the rest compete for the national title

The FCS does not compete for a D1 "FBS" title every year. They have their own 16 team playoff...why would a Buffalo or Uconn drop all the way to DII surely they can compete in the FCS??

DE if you notice. Posters with a clue about the subject would know the difference between Div 1 FBS P-5, and G-5, DIV 1 FCS, Div 2, Div 3, and NAIA levels of College football. Posters who are intelligent, but don't know. Would at least use google to research the topic.
Also most DIV 2 level stadiums are about the size of typical High School stadiums. 99% of the schools that the uninformed poster wants moved below DIV 1 FCS level have stadiums much larger than that. U of Houston, Rice, North Texas, or SMU are lesser football schools than Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, Houston Baptist, or Lamar U. This alone just boggles the mind. I listed several Texas Div 1 FCS schools to make my point.
Let's look at the conferences that that poster are saying are worse than Div 1 FCS Shall we.
Mountain West, All American Conference, MAC, Conf-USA, and Sunbelt are worse than the Div 1 FCS conferences of the SWAC, Ivy League, Big Sky, Big South, Colonial, Mid Eastern Atlantic, Missouri Valley, North East,
Ohio Valley, Patriot League, Pioneer League, Southern, Southland.
I don't think so. In fact Idaho is moving down voluntarily to the FBS next year. Not to Div 2. Now why would DIV 1 FCS allow Idaho to move down instead of what the poster wants???
Also right now there are over 40 Bowl games. If what the poster wants to happen does. There would be only 65 schools in the DIV 1 FBS. And, to be eligible for a bowl game you have to win 6 games minimum. How would they fill all of those 80+ bowl games slots with only 65 schools.
Oh by the way the only unbeaten team in the regular season for the FBS level was U Central Florida which is located in the AAC. Which shows that the poster knows nothing about this subject.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

I love how dumb people ^^^ see above ^^^ are basically spouting off the same rhetoric but believe they are making an entirely different argument altogether. Yes, he is that dumb, NO you cannot make it up it really is what it is

carry on
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Mod's are personal attacks now allowed in the Lounge area? Because the troll just launched one. Countertrey told both of us to cease. I did. But, the troll continues. Well Mods you can close this thread. Cause the troll chose to derail it with a personal attack.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

I am attacking your comment this isn't Willy Wonka there is NO sugar coating and if you insist on complaining your comment to DE is a direct personal attack about me, claiming I did not have a clue, well it just so turns out that I do in fact have a clue regarding this subject

so stop the embarrassment already and move on
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:23 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:I am attacking your comment this isn't Willy Wonka there is NO sugar coating and if you insist on complaining your comment to DE is a direct personal attack about me, claiming I did not have a clue, well it just so turns out that I do in fact have a clue regarding this subject

so stop the embarrassment already and move on

Well your “clue” is a little misguided in this case. You really don’t have an understanding of the levels of college football, but I get your point. I don’t think any FBS schools are going to reclass to Division II unless there are some drastic changes at the university....It usually goes the other way.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Probably not, Division 1 schools get a great deal of money from alumni and boosters which includes a pay day for the loser of the various bowl games they play in? my beef. Is that because there are so many Division 1
schools, the NCAA has got this whole playoff system all screwed up

take this year

Wisconsin was left out when they clearly earned a right to at least contend rather than? being left out in the cold, Oklahoma (can't stand) wins the Big 12, Clemson I believe won the ACC title then you got Georgia and Alabama, who does not deserve the 4th spot at 11-1

to me all this confusion is easily solved if you take the other schools out of the picture and go to a
better format, with more out of conference games then decide who should play for the national title?
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 am

:hmm: What does that have to do with team moving to different divisions? The playoff struture in the FBS is a different topic.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Oy vey, it's not a different topic when 129 Division 1 schools are all competing for the same national title every single year, The problem is the 129 that is entirely too many Division 1 schools compare that to the NFL, 32 teams, 4 divisions, 1 divisional winner, 6 playoff spots, 2 of which are wild-card positions, the format is better because there is NO confusion on who gets in and who has to wait till next year before getting another chance

plus in the NFL you get a better chance at a strength of schedule, more out of conference games and you can lock in a playoff spot without even having a title game unless it comes down to 2 teams competing for the division, This is the stark contrast which makes the NFL's way of doing things better. College goes through all the hoops has entirely too many bowl games, and screws things up when it comes to selection

Eliminate the problem, problem solved
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:43 pm

I think you can make an argument that it’s easier in college…you can recruit, set your own schedule, and carry a ton of players on your roster. The only issue with D1 FBS is there’s only 4 team allowed into the playoffs…while all the others have 16 or more. The NFL is all set…strength of schedule is a joke, 14 games are already pre-determined…only two are done by precious years results.

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:46 pm

OK point well taken, That in college you can hand pick the opponents you want to face? as opposed to the NFL who go through a roulette wheel system of (X) number of years which determines which non-conference opponents you will face? and while, Yes, Colleges are looking for the top prospects coming out of high school, to play in Division 1, The NFL isn't exactly looking for scrubs to come to their "respected" teams in order to win a Lombardi title at some point

overall, The way the NFL handles their system is in many ways "Better" lesser teams, divisions, and a playoff system that at least gets it right as to who belongs and who waits, personally the NCAA could learn a few things (IMO) about ways to make it better and easier, than having it so damn confusing/complicated where it just turns into more of a mess than it should be
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Re:

Postby DEHog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:OK point well taken, That in college you can hand pick the opponents you want to face? as opposed to the NFL who go through a roulette wheel system of (X) number of years which determines which non-conference opponents you will face? and while, Yes, Colleges are looking for the top prospects coming out of high school, to play in Division 1, The NFL isn't exactly looking for scrubs to come to their "respected" teams in order to win a Lombardi title at some point

overall, The way the NFL handles their system is in many ways "Better" lesser teams, divisions, and a playoff system that at least gets it right as to who belongs and who waits, personally the NCAA could learn a few things (IMO) about ways to make it better and easier, than having it so damn confusing/complicated where it just turns into more of a mess than it should be

Yea maybe, but they have alot of "PR" work to do after this nightmare of a season....I would argue the college game was much more popular this year!

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Agreed, their PR could use work, and that the college game has grown in popularity since you don't have all the controversy over Anthem sitting and the other mindless crap that is currently going on in the NFL.
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:25 am

Paging Col.Mustard, Mr.Green, Prof.Plum, Mrs.Scarlett, Mrs.White, Mrs.Peacock, and Wadsworth the butler.
Cowturd troll owner here

Return to The Lounge