NHL Expansion to 32 just took a few crazy turns

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

NHL Expansion to 32 just took a few crazy turns

Postby flamethrower » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:33 pm

New Houston Rockets owner wants an NHL franchise in his building.
Now Seattle just passed a renovation for the Key arena for over $650 Million. NHL told Seattle to get an owner group together. And, NHL will expand to Seattle for 65O Million in 2020.
Houston got told that if a franchise wants to relocate. Houston will be the first choice for the relocation franchise.

Carolina Hurricanes bought by a Dallas Mogul who was told you can't move them for 7 years.

Pacific Division with Vegas has 8 teams. Seattle would make it 9. So someone will have to move.

Also Calgary and the Flames can't agree on a Stadium to replace the Saddledome. So, the Flames might be moving sooner than later. God I hope not. I like the historic Flames vs Oilers rivalry.

Arizona also has a year lease with it's current building, and Phoenix has said no to a new arena for them. Looks like the Coyotes also are on a real short leash.

Looks like Quebec City, and Hartford Connecticut, and Hamilton Ontario might be outta luck.
1 more thing. I hope they go back to the traditional divisional names of Smythe, Norris, Adams, and Patrick. They can keep the East and West conference names thou.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog

Re: NHL Expansion to 32 just took a few crazy turns

Postby flamethrower » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 am

OK How would I do the expansion, and relocation of the NHL. Seattle would be admitted as the expansion city
NHL ain't making the noise to keep Calgary like they have with Arizona. Arizona has built a building since the coyotes moved that now the NHL says "Now is not up to standard".
Florida has problems selling tickets. Almost as bad as Arizona.
Current NHL by division
Atlantic Division
Tampa Bay, Florida (Miami), Detroit, Toronto, Boston, Buffalo, Ottawa, and Montreal
Metropolitan Division
Carolina, Washington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, New York Islanders
Western Conference
Central Division
Dallas, Colorado, St.Louis, Chicago, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Nashville
Pacific Division
Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks, San Jose, Arizona, Vegas
OK How would I realign the NHL I'll keep the East and West Conference names
Starting with the Pacific Division Which becomes the Smyth Division
Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, L.A., Anaheim, San Jose, Vegas, and Seattle
Central Division Which becomes the Norris Division
Dallas, Colorado St.Louis, Chicago, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Nashville, Arizona who becomes Houston. NHL has put 10's of millions into the Coyotes every year since they moved them to Arizona. And, they are on a lease that expires after this season.
Atlantic Division which becomes the Adams Division
Detroit, Boston, Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Florida becomes Quebec Nordiques, and Tampa Bay stays.
The Metropolitan Division becomes the Patrick Division
New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Washington, and Carolina.
In 7-10 years I would move Tampa Bay to the Patrick Division, and then move them to Hartford Ct. Columbus moves to the Adams division at that time.
Last edited by flamethrower on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

OK in the last 24 hours the City of Seattle has submitted it's bid for the expansion in 2020. 10 million down payment. And, the bid was made by an ownership group. The Oak View Investment group according to Yahoo sports.
Well there is a problem of sorts. The Pacific Division already has 8 teams in it. But, I have seen lots of formats where the Coyotes move to the Central Division.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:52 am

I don't know why we need to continually rehash this out time and time again? Hartford's affiliation/time with the NHL went out the door in 97, The ending of the Whaler's franchise put a stop to the intermediate connection between Boston and NY and ensured that the city would never again, Gain another NHL franchise, The city had issues regarding a new stadium since the Veterans Memorial Coliseum is inadequate for any renovations basically beyond repair

with the state facing financial issues, low attendance there is NO way the NHL even if the city could afford to bring back an NHL team which would do wonders for the people of the state it just wasn't going to happen. Bettman and Karmanos destroyed the future of Hockey night in Hartford and people there still haven't forgiven or forgotten the day their beloved Whale left for good never to be seen again
I'M AM LUCIFER THE DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 pm

flamethrower wrote:OK in the last 24 hours the City of Seattle has submitted it's bid for the expansion in 2020. 10 million down payment. And, the bid was made by an ownership group. The Oak View Investment group according to Yahoo sports.
Well there is a problem of sorts. The Pacific Division already has 8 teams in it. But, I have seen lots of formats where the Coyotes move to the Central Division.

I refuse to reply to the troll.
Last couple of weeks. NHL told Seattle to sell 25K seating licenses. They did that in under 2 hours. Not Days, or Weeks. But Hours.
That should tell you that if the NHL wants to expand to 32. Seattle is it. And, yes I want Seattle. Hopefully the NHL pulls the plug on the Arizona disaster, and moves the franchise to either Houston, or Portland Oregon.
Houston is the larger market, and already has an arena built for NHL hockey. The AHL's Aero's played there for a while.
Portland also does have a NHL ready arena.
But, I want Houston cause the Central Division will need an 8th team, and the Phoenix metro area ain't in the Central Timezone. I know that Denver ain't either.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:22 pm

OK they registered quite a few potential team names. Let's look at them all.
Starting with Emeralds. I know Seattle is the Emerald City. But, that one don't really sell me. Pass
Totems was the name of the potential 70's team that Seattle almost got. I admit that I like it.
Raniers is probably named after Mount Ranier. It's ok, but Totems and a few others are better.
Evergreens I know that Washington is known as the Evergreen State. But, Just like Emeralds I'll pass
Kraken's Sound good. But, depending on it's logo. It could be either great, or Lame. I admit that I do like it.
Whales now here is my favorite potential one.
Renegades not sure how they would run with this one. My take on it is the same as Raniers. It's ok, but there are better ones.
Sea Lions It's ok. But not sure if I would run with it.
Firebirds. Seattle's minor league hockey team has that. I actually do like it. My top choice.
Cougars are ok. But, Florida has the Panthers. Pass
Eagles an interesting choice here. It's ok, but like Raniers there are better ones
Seals NHL already had this one in Oakland/ Bay area until it moved to Cleveland and became the Barons. It's OK. But, comes with some history
Sockeyes This one I'll pass. Cause anyone who ain't from Washington won't have a clue.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Seattle just named Todd Leiweke as President.
Only reason for this step. NHL gonna approve the team.
Cowturd troll owner here

Return to The Lounge