Dan Synder...I mean Mr. Synder

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Diesel

Dan Synder...I mean Mr. Synder

Postby DEHog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:34 pm

Just thought this topic should be moved over here...
Last edited by DEHog on Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:14 pm

does that mean he's a great guy?????????

Probably not...but he didn't have to do that, so I give him credit for taking the time out of his schedule to visit the kids in the Childrens Hospital.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:36 pm

Nah. The kids would rather have Spongebob Squarepants. The kids are the real heroes there; they were probably all polite even though they had no idea who the guy was.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

+++

Postby NikiH » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:46 pm

I don't think this makes him a good guy at all. I mean it's a nice thing to do but I am positive some publisist set the whole thing up. Just so we would talk about it just like this. But if it cheered your niece or other kids up then I'm glad some media hungry person set it up!
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:10 am

Sorry - but I just don't compute that the man does something human, nice and takes time to go see kids that are ill and hurting and people spurn that. ::shaking head:: I just don't see that as being a necessary target.

I know you folks don't like the man, but this kind of attack just makes me sad to see.
Rich in Roanoke

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:30 am

I'm with Rich
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

+++

Postby NikiH » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:22 pm

Sorry! I just felt like this could not be sincere. What I've known of the man has been alot less the compassionate. And for all the years he's been an owner this is the first story like this I've heard. Sorry Danny Boy. I just judged a little too harshly I guess!

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Hog

Postby newshog » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:25 pm

Niki, just remember that we don't get all of the story. This is from the Washington Post, 9/15/02:

Tanya Snyder arrives in Carlisle on Day 5 to join her husband, en route to California, where they will attend the birth of their son, Gerald, who is scheduled to be born two days later of a surrogate mother. Jewish custom is to avoid naming newborns after living relatives, but Snyder tells me his desire to pay tribute to his father is so strong it compelled him to talk to his mother and decide to go ahead with it. Tanya Snyder's first two pregnancies were complicated to the point of being life-threatening, so the Snyders have opted to have their fertilized egg carried to term by a surrogate. Their first two births were so harrowing that the Snyders were moved to endow a new emergency medicine and trauma center in the family's name at Children's Hospital in Washington, where Snyder now serves on the board of directors.

That is one of several charitable activities for which Snyder gets little publicity. He is also a board member and major donor of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and is a leader in the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial Project Foundation. He also founded the Washington Redskins Leadership Council, recruiting more than 40 Washington-area business executives to pledge at least $ 20,000 each annually and adding his own money to make it a $ 1 million-plus enterprise that uses the Redskin name and Redskin players to promote community development for youth, ranging from reading programs to renovating high school football fields.

Snyder "has been very, very generous in supporting and attending charitable functions. He and Tanya have been out many nights having rubber chicken," says John Schwieters, a former chair of the Greater Washington Board of Trade and a Snyder friend. "Dan is not doing this as social climbing. He is very much a giver."
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

+++

Postby NikiH » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:29 pm

Ok I like him now. That article gave me goose bumps. I had no idea he and his wife had been through so much, or to the extent of his contributions to help others. Why do they not publicize this more??? In one post you totally made me think differently of the man.
Thanks Newshog!

Return to The Lounge