Madden 2004 Thread

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
+++++++++

Madden 2004 Thread

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:30 pm

The Staff had a meeting on this and decided not to have a videogame board (not sure why, it would be cool) but we can discuss the game right here... I hope people respond just to validate the need for another board, but...

Anyway, has anyone got suggestions/thoughts on:

1.) How to make a Joe Gibbs style playbook?
2.) How to create Redskins players not on the game like Mike Sellers, Joe Salave'a and Devin Lemmons?
3.) How to update Redskins players like Darnerian McCants and Marcus Washington who were underrated in 2004?

piggie

Postby LetsRollBurgundyNGold » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:06 pm

A Sticky Thread would probably work SF55...but to your playbook question:

For a Gibbs style playbook, you can start off with Spurrier's and keep the singleback normal, singleback big formations.

Check Jeff Fisher's playbook, and look for the 'Titans 24' run play, and use the set that it's in.

Take out Spurrier's 5 WR sets, add a couple of Mike Tice's two WR deep vertical plays, and you'll be well on your way...
Two formation shifts, one man in motion, and a counter trey...those were the days...

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:43 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:The Staff had a meeting on this and decided not to have a videogame board (not sure why, it would be cool) but we can discuss the game right here... I hope people respond just to validate the need for another board, but...
this has been up for 2 days and had a total of 1 response. now i hope you see why there is no need for another forum. :)
1.) How to make a Joe Gibbs style playbook?
2.) How to create Redskins players not on the game like Mike Sellers, Joe Salave'a and Devin Lemmons?
3.) How to update Redskins players like Darnerian McCants and Marcus Washington who were underrated in 2004?

1. LRB&G pretty much laid down a good basis for the playbook.
2 & 3. you can create a player and also modify existing players as long as you haven't already started a season or franchise. you can develop your own roster, and bump the player stats up if you want. but a fair word of warning, if you play franchise mode, the players you bump up will want lots more $$$ come contract time, and that will hurt your salary cap, so be careful.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:30 am

Meh, I guess you're right...

And I know the process of how to edit and create players but I don't know how good to make them... I don't get to see a lot of Skins games all the way out here in Colorado and I think it would be cool to compare notes with other Redskins fans who play Madden...

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:15 pm

1.) How to make a Joe Gibbs style playbook? Singleback Big is the best idea.
2.) How to create Redskins players not on the game like Mike Sellers, Joe Salave'a and Devin Lemmons? Look on CAP sites. Gamefaqs is somewhere good to look.
3.) How to update Redskins players like Darnerian McCants and Marcus Washington who were underrated in 2004? Give them playing time and training camp.

Also, if people have other questions, I can probably answer them.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby SkinFan 0-16 or 16-0 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:27 pm

Just three questions.

How can I recover onside kicks easier?

How can I block punts easier?

And how can I find the ratings for players we have signed who are not in the game(Rasby, Sellars, Salave)? I want to crete them.
"Tough times don't last Tough people do."- Marcus Washington, Redskins Linebacker

"Big time Players make Big Time Plays in Big Games !!!"- Santana Moss Redskins WR during an upset by The U over Florida Sate

Hog

Postby SkinFan 0-16 or 16-0 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:29 pm

Oh yeah. I have an XBOX so I cant just download rosters, like you can on a playstation. Where can I find updated player ratings?
"Tough times don't last Tough people do."- Marcus Washington, Redskins Linebacker

"Big time Players make Big Time Plays in Big Games !!!"- Santana Moss Redskins WR during an upset by The U over Florida Sate

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:25 pm

How can I recover onside kicks easier? Just hard. It is luck.

How can I block punts easier? Put the biggest D-Lineman and LBs in the middle to tie up the O-Line and put fast guys on the outside to just swarm the backfield.

Oh yeah. I have an XBOX so I cant just download rosters, like you can on a playstation. Where can I find updated player ratings? No idea. I'm guessing you might.

And how can I find the ratings for players we have signed who are not in the game(Rasby, Sellars, Salave)? I want to crete them. If they aren't in the game, search for them online, put the word "Madden" next to their name.

Hope I helped you.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby SkinFan 0-16 or 16-0 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:32 pm

Thanx it rally did.

Postby redskinz4ever » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:48 am

for updates on xbox for madden i think you have to be an xbox live member.let me know, i'am not a member of xbox live a friend of mine is.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

-----------

Postby Smithian » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:53 am

Also, you all, if you're Darrell Green, give ESPN NFL Football a look. He is in it as a dree agent and is faaast. Yet, he is to lowly rated and it is not realistic for him to be in the game.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:25 pm

I have Madden 2004 on my PC at home. I keep hoping I can "update" it so Lavar can be added...but, alas, each time I try I am told "no updates availble." Grrrrrrrr.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

swine

Postby Texas Redskin » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:40 pm

I also have it at home on my PC and I ended up making my own Lavar. Madden will even say Arrington instead of #56.
Fight for ol' Dixie

Texas Redskin

Hog

Postby SkinFan 0-16 or 16-0 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:50 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:for updates on xbox for madden i think you have to be an xbox live member.let me know, i'am not a member of xbox live a friend of mine is.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

I also have XBOX live but it does not work for EA sports games yet.

Return to The Lounge