Manny Pacquiao GOT ROBBED....!!!

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am

I didn't see the fight. I just took exception to your not having seen it and stating so emphatically that he didn't get robbed.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 am

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:Okay gents (I'm lookin at you, ATX and Deaders):

I'll bite. I'm not a big fan of the 'sweet science,' not since the heyday of the epic middleweight wars between Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Arguello etc etc. Personally I think the sport is almost as contrived as WWE wrestling, but that's probably because it seems so much easier to fix a fight than say shave a few points off a college hoops game. Far fewer variables involved.

Anyway, where I'm going here is this: you guys apparently saw the fight and think Manny got screwed. Was it that one-sided, or did Bradley actually give him a run for his money? I read a couple of reports on the bout whose reporters concluded that the judges saw it accurately, and Manny's rock-star persona was about the only thing that had people questioning the outcome.

So take a few minutes and break it down for me. Drop a little knowledge on your pugilistically illiterate brother, so when the Pac-man wins the rematch, thereby setting up a THIRD even bigger money-making fight, I don't run screaming in here with "Desert Storm got dissed! Ahhh! How could this happen?"

-Cuz that would make me look kinda silly. Er.

It was very one sided. The announcers were shocked. The post fight interview Max even told him he didnt have him even close to winning. Everyone had Pacman winning at least 9 rounds maybe even 10. It really wasn't close at all.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 pm

I gave Bradley the 1st round, the 2nd round I thought was a tie so could've gone either way I suppose.

Pac won the next 8 rounds comfortably. I mean, there is no way you could've scored any of those rounds as a tie even, well perhaps one at a stretch, but I don;t think so.

I thought Bradley finished quite strongly to take the last 2 rounds.

So I gave Pac 8.5 rounds to Bradleys 3.5.

That's quite a margin in boxing. I've spoken to other people about this and some of them think I was way to generous to Bradley.

The decision stank. End of.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:55 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:It was very one sided. The announcers were shocked. The post fight interview Max even told him he didnt have him even close to winning. Everyone had Pacman winning at least 9 rounds maybe even 10. It really wasn't close at all.

Okay, I get that. What I was asking for was a little more detail, i.e., did Bradley just get on his bicycle the whole fight, or if he was willing to stand and exchange with Pacquiao, did he consistently get beaten to the punch or was he able to land anything?

C'mon, amigo. Don't leave me hangin'. Dish already. :)
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:I gave Bradley the 1st round, the 2nd round I thought was a tie so could've gone either way I suppose.

Pac won the next 8 rounds comfortably. I mean, there is no way you could've scored any of those rounds as a tie even, well perhaps one at a stretch, but I don;t think so.

I thought Bradley finished quite strongly to take the last 2 rounds.

So I gave Pac 8.5 rounds to Bradleys 3.5.

That's quite a margin in boxing. I've spoken to other people about this and some of them think I was way to generous to Bradley.

The decision stank. End of.

Thanks, SLR. That's the meat and potatoes I had my mouth shaped for. Do you think there was any way Bradley could've hurt Manny, or was it just flurries for the sake of scoring points? And did Pacquiao ever look like he rocked Bradley, or was Desert Storm too hard to stay in front of?

Appreciate it brother. Cheers.

EDIT: I don't know why your initials came up as a link, but that's pretty cool - even if it probably doesn't have anything to do with you. For the record, I'm a little jealous. MY initials don't come up as a link...dangit.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:30 am

There's a clip floating around the www actually breaking down the fight and you'll see that Pacman may actually have lost that fight.

It's detailed enough where you can see the misses, the hits, and the announcers totally calling it wrong.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to The Lounge