Next POTUS after NOV 2012 election?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who will be Next POTUS come Nov.....

Barack Obama
61%
Mitt Romney
39%

Total votes : 28
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:16 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I think nationally it's 28% less for the same job.

So Barry is outperforming the market in this area? Then CT is paying him a complement? That doesn't sound right. :hmm:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I still got Obama 50-49 (pop) and 288-250 (elec) with the single most likely outcome being 330-208. Last 2 debates stopped movement to Romney. His best bet is bad weather coupled with "voter fraud" id chicanery. I give him a 1 in 3 chance.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:47 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Women in the Obama White House make 18% less than their male counterparts.

Fair to women... smh...

Does this mean 2 people do the same job and the woman makes less? Or does it mean if you simply compute an average regardless of job tiltle the women average 18% less? Also, who set the rates?

I think nationally it's 28% less for the same job.

Just asking.

Found it:

When all White House employees are considered ... female employees earn a median salary of $60,000, roughly 18 percent less than men, whose median salary is $71,000.

I'm sure the top 2 are men. Except for the VP and COS all cabinet officials make the same salary - $199,700.

Haven't found a "same job" discrepancy ... yet.

"Broad brush" is a an effective buy fallacious argument.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:55 pm

This seems fair:

Mr. Obama has taken steps to ensure that senior women in the White House on average make as much or more than men.

In the highest-paid positions when Mr. Bush was in office — aides making $151,000 — four of 14 were women: Condoleezza Rice, the national security adviser; Harriet Miers, a deputy chief of staff; Dina Powell, an assistant to the president for personnel; and Mary Spellings, an assistant for domestic policy.

In 2011, Mr. Obama had seven women compared with 14 men making the top White House salary — $172,000 — an increase of three women in the top ranks from the Bush administration's third year. Those women are: Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser; Melody Barnes, director of domestic policy; Stephanie Cutter, who served as deputy senior adviser before moving to the campaign; Nancy-Ann DeParle and Alyssa Mastromonaco, deputy chiefs of staff; Kathryn Ruemmler, White House counsel; and Christina Tchen, director of the White House Office of Public Engagement.

And statistics don't tell the whole story. Despite progress on closing pay disparities and hiring women for senior roles, the president has incurred persistent criticism that women in his White House for the most part are kept out of the inner circle.

The same woman who was one of Mr. Obama's debate coaches, Anita Dunn, complained that the White House when she worked there would have been in court for being a "hostile workplace" for women, according to Ron Suskind's book "Confidence Men." Ms. Dunn says she was misquoted.

Even though some of his brashest, testosterone-pumped aides such as Rahm Emanuel and Bill Daley, his two former chiefs of staffs schooled in in-your-face, Chicago-style politics, have left the White House, and David Axelrod, his senior adviser, has moved on to the campaign, the president has faced a nagging perception of the White House as an exclusive boys club.

Mrs. Jarrett is undeniably one of Mr. Obama's closest and most influential advisers, but since the first year Mr. Obama took office, he has struggled to dispel the notion that women were taking a back seat to men in influencing the president. At one point in late 2009, women in the White House felt so marginalized that Mr. Obama held a dinner to let the senior female aides voice their complaints directly to him.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Monk, Gallup has it 51-45... slip sliding away...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Leading from the "rear" just doesn't work bro. This prez has NO CLUE

Alexander the Great - first on the field of battle, last to get wounds prepped
Hannibal - great mind, great leader, great politician
Cyrus the Great - created the first of our modern day postal service, led with fairness
George Washington and Abraham Lincoln - led country out of its darkest hours

What has Barry done? crickets:crickets
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 am

Deadskins wrote:

So Barry is outperforming the market in this area? Then CT is paying him a complement? That doesn't sound right. :hmm:

Only a liberal could come up with that Hussein discriminates less then average is a "compliment"...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:06 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Women in the Obama White House make 18% less than their male counterparts.

Fair to women... smh...

Does this mean 2 people do the same job and the woman makes less? Or does it mean if you simply compute an average regardless of job tiltle the women average 18% less? Also, who set the rates?

I think nationally it's 28% less for the same job.

Just asking.

It's funny how all of a sudden the right questions start being asked when the liberals are the ones being questioned. Yet in the same statement you don't question the stat you like.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:09 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Only a liberal could come up with that Hussein discriminates less then average is a "compliment"...

And only a conservative could take that comment seriously.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:11 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

And only a conservative could take that comment seriously.

You'd have to ask one. Only a liberal would assume a snarky reply to their snarky post is serious.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:08 am

The "women are paid less" argument is a straw man at best and the libs know it.

You can show women make less in any career field, and with any employer you want. This is not due to discrimination on the part of the employer as much as it is on societal norms.

Showing the Obama White House pays it's women less is par for the course. He started that argument. He set himself up to look like a hypocrite.

As an employer, I can tell you I don't intentionally pay my women less for the same job than I do the men, but even if you look at my books you'll see that women make less than men. Why? Seniority of the male employees, the women take more time off and at the end of the day, my position skews the pay scale to the men.

The only way I can make it "equal" is to pay a woman more than me, for doing less than me. Then pay the other women MORE than I pay the men who have been there longer, and then pay them even if they don't come to work.

That is not equal, and would get me sued, but it makes a great rally point to say that I pay my women less as if it is somehow all my fault.

Half my management staff is female. My current assistant manager is a man. He replaced a woman and is making less than she did (only because she was in the position longer than he has been currently). He has been there longer than both the women combined who are both making more in their positions than he did when he held them, but at the end of the day, the intentionally misleading stat would be that I pay my women less.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:39 am

Bob 0119 wrote:Half my management staff is female

My business has grown staff 450% in the last two years and revenue by almost 500%. It's a combo of organic growth and acquisitions. I hire the best man for the job. Currently, my senior staff are all women. Funny how we're doing so well, and yet I'm convinced God hates me.

With what we've done swimming upstream, I'm eager to find out what we can do when the one guy who seriously needs to be on the unemployment line is finally there...

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:06 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

My business has grown staff 450% in the last two years and revenue by almost 500%. It's a combo of organic growth and acquisitions. I hire the best man for the job. Currently, my senior staff are all women. Funny how we're doing so well, and yet I'm convinced God hates me.

With what we've done swimming upstream, I'm eager to find out what we can do when the one guy who seriously needs to be on the unemployment line is finally there...

I wish we were doing as well. My staff has actually been reduced and current increases in expenses are making it hard for me to grow. I'm terrified of what four more years of this guy will do to us.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

BINGO.....Nobama needs to be on the unemployment line
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

BINGO.....Nobama needs to be on the unemployment line

When someone doesn't do the job, you gotta let em go, eh tribe?

Return to The Lounge