Next POTUS after NOV 2012 election?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who will be Next POTUS come Nov.....

Barack Obama
17
61%
Mitt Romney
11
39%
 
Total votes : 28
kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:49 am

DarthMonk wrote:Some of your posts sound intelligent. The last few don't


You make it clear at a point there is no point. If you seriously believe that today women with the same skills and experience make 72 cents on the dollar, you either have no real job experience or you're just living in an ideological bubble. Yes, I know, that wasn't liberal, so it wasn't intelligent.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:Is the election being held in this thread?

People ... you get too excited. It is only POLITICS. They are ALL bad. You might argue that some are worse than others and that is fine. :wink:


I'd have made fun of you for clicking on another thread and telling us we should stop discussing things you aren't interested in, but last time you did that it worked, so what do I know???

You realize it is "the lounge," right?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Respect to the president for cutting his campaign rally short to get back to DC and oversee the emergency response situation for Sandy


I'm not knocking him for it, but there wasn't another choice politically as either party criticizes the other for not doing that. And yet of course he's done nothing as there's nothing for him to do. It's a total non-event.


Probably, but no matter who the president was that wouldn't change my comment. I don't just comment based on dislike/like for a president (not saying you or others have said that)


Fair enough langley, and I know you well enough to believe that's true


Yea bro, I hate what politics do to us as a nation.. it ignores everything we have in common and spotlights the differences. I mean, I understand but it's so annoying. Imagine everyday was the day after 9/11 and we were ONE NATION.

Whoever is in office next, I'll support regardless cuz he'll be our leader.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4582
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Some of your posts sound intelligent. The last few don't


You make it clear at a point there is no point. If you seriously believe that today women with the same skills and experience make 72 cents on the dollar, you either have no real job experience or you're just living in an ideological bubble. Yes, I know, that wasn't liberal, so it wasn't intelligent.


Just a quote on the 72%. If it's wrong I'm fine with that. I did research on another claim. I'd love someone else (you) to research the 72% and get back to us.

A few minutes later - 1st google hit on "pay men vs women" ~

Male–female income difference, also referred to as the "gender gap in earnings" in the United States, and as the "gender wage gap", the "gender earnings gap", "gender income difference" and the "gender pay gap", refers usually to the ratio of female to male median yearly earnings among full-time, year-round (FTYR) workers.

The statistic is used by government agencies and economists, and is gathered by the United States Census Bureau as part of the Current Population Survey.

In 2010 the median income of FTYR workers was $42,800 for men, compared to $34,700 for women. The female-to-male earnings ratio was 0.81, slightly higher than the 2008 ratio.[2] The female-to-male earnings ratio of 0.81 means that, in 2009, female FTYR workers earned 19% less than male FTYR workers. The statistic does not take into account differences in experience, skill, occupation, education or hours worked, as long as it qualifies as full-time work. However, in 2010, an economist testified to the U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee that studies "always find that some portion of the wage gap is unexplained" even after controlling for measurable factors that are assumed to influence earnings. The unexplained portion of the wage gap is attributed to gender discrimination.[3]:80

The estimates for the discriminatory component of the gender pay gap include 5%[4]:2 and 7%[3]:9 and in at least one study grow as men and women's careers progress.[3]:93 One economist testified to Congress that hundreds of studies have consistently found unexplained pay differences which potentially include discrimination.[3]:80 Another criticized these studies as insufficiently controlled, and opined that men and women would have equal pay if they made the same choices and had the same experience, education, etc.[4]: Other studies have found direct evidence of discrimination. For example, fewer replies to identical resumes with female names[3]:10 and more jobs went to women when orchestras moved to blind auditions.[4]

Summarizing: My quick research indicate a "same job" gap of 5% to 10% that grows with time as side-by-side careers progress.

There are the facts as I currently know them. I assumed nothing and continue to question. I did research on both sides.

You "argue" ... kind of.

Back to who's gonna win - probably Obama.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4788
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Respect to the president for cutting his campaign rally short to get back to DC and oversee the emergency response situation for Sandy


I'm not knocking him for it, but there wasn't another choice politically as either party criticizes the other for not doing that. And yet of course he's done nothing as there's nothing for him to do. It's a total non-event.


Probably, but no matter who the president was that wouldn't change my comment. I don't just comment based on dislike/like for a president (not saying you or others have said that)


Fair enough langley, and I know you well enough to believe that's true


Yea bro, I hate what politics do to us as a nation.. it ignores everything we have in common and spotlights the differences. I mean, I understand but it's so annoying. Imagine everyday was the day after 9/11 and we were ONE NATION.

Whoever is in office next, I'll support regardless cuz he'll be our leader.


Well put LPJ
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Just a quote on the 72%. If it's wrong I'm fine with that. I did research on another claim. I'd love someone else (you) to research the 72% and get back to us.


Sure, if you make a claim, it's my job to prove you wrong. Crazyhorse already introduced me to that rule. Funny, it doesn't apply to him. He only gets to apply it to others. I will say if you actually believe women with the same skills and experience make 72 cents on the dollar, you either have no work experience or you are lost in an ideological fog.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:56 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Yea bro, I hate what politics do to us as a nation.. it ignores everything we have in common and spotlights the differences. I mean, I understand but it's so annoying. Imagine everyday was the day after 9/11 and we were ONE NATION.

Whoever is in office next, I'll support regardless cuz he'll be our leader.


I hate politics too. The problem is that politicians are making so many decisions that remove our choice over our wallets and our lives. They are destroying our freedom and driving us bankrupt. Rallying around a party or compromising with another one thereby furthering that end is not something I'm interested in. I believe like the founding fathers that 95% of government should be local, and this election should be almost meaningless because the result would have almost no impact on our lives. Unfortunately, the complete reverse is true.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 pm

On this topic, I thought you guys might get a kick out of this tempest in our little Richmond teapot from today: http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/who ... id=1778662

Romney came out with an ad that said it's Obama's fault that a local barbecue is closing down. (Regardless of the politics, the barbecue really was terrible, and the restaurants were gross.)

I don't know how Ohio residents deal with being a swing state every year. The number of campaign stops and the volume of political ads is basically unbearable.

To the poll, my 9-year-old told me Obama is going to win, and I think her judgement is as valid as any political pundit's, so I'll go with that.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16258
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:56 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Sure, if you make a claim, it's my job to prove you wrong. Crazyhorse already introduced me to that rule.

Really? I thought you invented that with the whole Marxist thing. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:24 am

cvillehog wrote:To the poll, my 9-year-old told me Obama is going to win, and I think her judgement is as valid as any political pundit's, so I'll go with that.


:lol: when politics give you a headache, just go wit the kid.. I like it.

I ask my kid, she'll say.. "I think whoever you want to win will win daddy". :lol: No dear, Mickey Mouse won't win
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Sure, if you make a claim, it's my job to prove you wrong. Crazyhorse already introduced me to that rule.

Really? I thought you invented that with the whole Marxist thing. :roll:


You're close. The Marxism isn't an example of my point that for liberal arguments, no explanation is required. What you are referring to is the flip side that for non-liberal arguments, no explanation is good enough.

You don't even know what my standard for being a Marxist was, do you? I've only mentioned it like 50 times.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:27 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
cvillehog wrote:To the poll, my 9-year-old told me Obama is going to win, and I think her judgement is as valid as any political pundit's, so I'll go with that.


:lol: when politics give you a headache, just go wit the kid.. I like it.

I ask my kid, she'll say.. "I think whoever you want to win will win daddy". :lol: No dear, Mickey Mouse won't win


Unfortunately enough...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16258
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Sure, if you make a claim, it's my job to prove you wrong. Crazyhorse already introduced me to that rule.

Really? I thought you invented that with the whole Marxist thing. :roll:


You're close. The Marxism isn't an example of my point that for liberal arguments, no explanation is required. What you are referring to is the flip side that for non-liberal arguments, no explanation is good enough.

You don't even know what my standard for being a Marxist was, do you? I've only mentioned it like 50 times.


KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:I haven't voted Republican since 1988. I will pull the red lever this time without flinching because the Democrats have stopped toying with Marxism and are now the real thing.

You don't have to know you're a Marxist to be one. My standard would be the planks of the Manifesto, which is the planks of the Democratic party platform.

Winston Churchill: The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries. Obama's certainly shown the equal sharing of miseries. That would be except of course the political elites. Obama, Pelosi, Reid, they aren't suffering at all.


More Marxist crap.


I like how I gave you my standard, the planks of the communist manifesto. You had the chance to refute me on content. Of course you can't, Obama is a Marxist by the measure of Marxism, so you just do a hand wave.

Um, you make the claim, and then chastise Darth for not proving you wrong (even though he had attempted to here). It was only a dozen pages back. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4582
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Just a quote on the 72%. If it's wrong I'm fine with that. I did research on another claim. I'd love someone else (you) to research the 72% and get back to us.


Sure, if you make a claim, it's my job to prove you wrong. Crazyhorse already introduced me to that rule. Funny, it doesn't apply to him. He only gets to apply it to others. I will say if you actually believe women with the same skills and experience make 72 cents on the dollar, you either have no work experience or you are lost in an ideological fog.


Didn't you do that already?

I made no unsupported claim. I never called 72% a fact. I even said it could be wrong and welcomed input. If you want to make claims about something being wrong you should do some work and back it up. You (your post regarding this discusson) are weak. I questioned all things and did my work ... and yours. You ran off at the mouth (post) as usual and said stuff about me that is false.

BTW - this thread is still about who's gonna win.

What say you and why? Gonna?

Cue idiotic reply post that "argues" merely to disagree. I'll be pleasantly surprised if you address the title of the thread.

DarthMonk
Last edited by DarthMonk on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 am

Deadskins wrote:Um, you make the claim, and then chastise Darth for not proving you wrong (even though he had attempted to here). It was only a dozen pages back. :roll:


Darth: You disprove my assertion that women make 72 cents on the dollar.

Kaz: Give me one plank of the Manifesto that Obama opposes, pick your favorite one and I'll argue that. Pick any one you want that you feel you have the strongest case for.

Deadskins: No, you argue them all, I'll pick one and make a snarky comment which doesn't mean anything and I'll believe I've disproven your contention.

Those are the same, gotcha.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to The Lounge