Recipes

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:28 pm

This does sound excellent Burgundy&Wha? I will give it a go soon.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Place meat in crock.

What meat?

Bottom Round - 9 Lbs

I should have also said Chuck roast as well. The actual recipe calls for Round roast but fat and marbled roast add extra flavor and usually are more tender.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Beef Goulash

Beef Shank or Chuck, 1 inch dice - 24 oz
Butter - 2 oz
Onion,thin slice - 24oz
Paprika,Hungarian of course - 4tsp
White pepper - 1/2tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Garlic,minced - 1 glove
Bay leaf,small - 1 each
Tomato Puree - 4os
White wash/corn starch - as needed

1. Sweat onion in butter until light brown
2 add all spices and cook for 1/2 minute
3 Add beef with 1/2 cup water
4 add tomato puree,mix well,and sweat covered until meat firms up
5 Keep short in braising with water,deglaze ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deglazing_%28cooking%29) approximately 3 times
6 cover meat with water and simmer in oven until tender (braising)
7 deglaze and finish with a touch of white wash
8 Adjust seasoning to taste if necessary

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Tuna fish ~

Preparation:

Wait for right time of month. Place meat on counter top. Rub to tenderize.

Execution:

Dig in with impunity.

[-(
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Since Thanksgiving is coming up. Just a simple tip which makes a huge difference.

Brine your Turkey the night before you cook it. What is a brine. Basically a solution of water and salt. However you could add herbs and spices if you wish depending on your taste.

Heres what I do. I boil a good large pot of water, salt, brown sugar or regular sugar, pepper corns, a couple cloves of garlic, thyme and bay leaves. You dont put the turkey in yet it is meant to be like a marinade.

Let the stuff cool down. Then put turkey in a large container or pot and cover with your brine/marinade. Refrigerate at least 12 hours. Now when you bake your turkey it will be juicy very very juicy.

Whenever I do this method the Turkey is the real star. In Thanksgivings in the past the turkey was always dry. Now your turkey will be better then the ham! Juicy not dry!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Since Thanksgiving is coming up. Just a simple tip which makes a huge difference.

Brine your Turkey the night before you cook it. What is a brine. Basically a solution of water and salt. However you could add herbs and spices if you wish depending on your taste.

Heres what I do. I boil a good large pot of water, salt, brown sugar or regular sugar, pepper corns, a couple cloves of garlic, thyme and bay leaves. You dont put the turkey in yet it is meant to be like a marinade.

Let the stuff cool down. Then put turkey in a large container or pot and cover with your brine/marinade. Refrigerate at least 12 hours. Now when you bake your turkey it will be juicy very very juicy.

Whenever I do this method the Turkey is the real star. In Thanksgivings in the past the turkey was always dry. Now your turkey will be better then the ham! Juicy not dry!

Good tip.

I also add a cup of white wine while it is in the oven and baste it frequently in the juices during cooking time.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 am

DarthMonk wrote:Tuna fish ~

Preparation:

Wait for right time of month. Place meat on counter top. Rub to tenderize.

Execution:

Dig in with impunity.

[-(

hmmmmmmm.....sound kinky Darth. Must share this with the wife...hahaha
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Since Thanksgiving is coming up. Just a simple tip which makes a huge difference.

Good tip.

I also add a cup of white wine while it is in the oven and baste it frequently in the juices during cooking time.

White wine makes it even more tasty. Good mention I almost forgot about that option. Now I wont forget the white wine. Thanks.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to The Lounge