Worst song ever on radio....

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
DarthMonk
Posts: 6727
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:11 pm

welch wrote:Actually, I had forgotten "Crimson and Clover". Bad. My list would include (1) William Shatner singing / reciting "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", (2) anything by the Cowsills, (3) "bubble-gum rock", such as "Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy".

There are other songs, but those revolting performances come to mind first.


Love the Shatner.

BTW - guess what love in the tummy is.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 18347
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:38 am

DarthMonk wrote:
welch wrote:Actually, I had forgotten "Crimson and Clover". Bad. My list would include (1) William Shatner singing / reciting "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", (2) anything by the Cowsills, (3) "bubble-gum rock", such as "Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy".

There are other songs, but those revolting performances come to mind first.


Love the Shatner.

BTW - guess what love in the tummy is.

Was the Shatner ever on the radio, though?

She swallows?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 6727
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
welch wrote:Actually, I had forgotten "Crimson and Clover". Bad. My list would include (1) William Shatner singing / reciting "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", (2) anything by the Cowsills, (3) "bubble-gum rock", such as "Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy".

There are other songs, but those revolting performances come to mind first.


Love the Shatner.

BTW - guess what love in the tummy is.

Was the Shatner ever on the radio, though?

She swallows?


Not sure. Probably at least once.

Yes, I think so.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

B-rad
User avatar
Posts: 3124
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby brad7686 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:58 pm

There's some song from like ten years ago, Something about riding a bike with no handlebars, easily the worst song ever.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby Hooligan » Fri May 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Gary Allen's cover of Runaway. I'd rather listen to an entire day's recording from a White Castle restroom stall.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

******
Posts: 2631
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:55 pm
Location: charlotte nc

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby redskinz4ever » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:39 pm

what does the fox say ..... that song is bad !!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2782
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:55 am

Off the top of my head:

Chinese Food - Alison Gold - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLhrHVySgA

We Built This City - Jefferson Starship - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ

Pop Muzic - M - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avvh5H-EPWU
"I coached in Washington - and in Washington, you lose the ballgame, it's a bad Monday, I just want to tell you that." - Joe Gibbs

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Down the road on my Yamaha Majesty

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby flamethrower » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:21 pm

The Final Countdown by Europe.
Burgundy you beat me to my 1st choice. But, my 2nd one I listed. I never hear this again. I'll be happy. I don't even like the commercial that it is played in.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Skins History Buff
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby welch » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 pm

For those who don't believe it: here is the real Captain Kirk doing "Lucy in the Sky":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM

I heard it as part of "worst songs ever done by a Canadian". Must have been on the radio sometime and somewhere.

And William Shatner doing "Mr Tambourine Man". Seems to have been from the same album (!). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:45 pm

welch wrote:For those who don't believe it: here is the real Captain Kirk doing "Lucy in the Sky":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM

I heard it as part of "worst songs ever done by a Canadian". Must have been on the radio sometime and somewhere.

And William Shatner doing "Mr Tambourine Man". Seems to have been from the same album (!). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc


Pretty sure this violates multiple posting rules... :puke:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Skins History Buff
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby welch » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Countertrey wrote:
welch wrote:For those who don't believe it: here is the real Captain Kirk doing "Lucy in the Sky":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM

I heard it as part of "worst songs ever done by a Canadian". Must have been on the radio sometime and somewhere.

And William Shatner doing "Mr Tambourine Man". Seems to have been from the same album (!). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hTtsqiFCc


Pretty sure this violates multiple posting rules... :puke:


I'd never heard "Mr Tamourine Man" done like that. Can't be a multiple post because Shatner is unique...

(and now we're down to George Takei and Walter Koenig. Takei has a show on Broadway, so "live long and prosper, Mr. Sulu". Also Ensign Checkov)

the 'mudge
Posts: 16612
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:16 am

welch wrote: Shatner is unique...

Can't argue with that...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Down the road on my Yamaha Majesty

Re: Worst song ever on radio....

Postby flamethrower » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Barbie Girl by Aqua. Not making that up. shocked that Mattel toys didn't sue them. Singer sounds like she enhaled helium before singing this godawful song.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Return to The Lounge