Kill Bill vol II (April 16th)

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:28 pm

The Punisher, being a takeoff of the original comic book was a little disappointing when compared to the original series. They didn't try to stay true to form like X Men or Spiderman. But as a standalone, if you don't know Frank Castle's story from the comics, it is a decent movie - probably 6 out of 10 - and that is deducting for Dolph Lundgren playing the lead role.
Rich in Roanoke

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:58 am

thats pretty much what i figured,the comic book was to violent to hold true to the story was it not??thanks for saving me $6.00.did you hear that someone is making "IRONMAN" into a movie, he was my favorite besides spiderman.all the movie info. is on movies.com check it out.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Hog

Postby surferskin » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:41 am

i just saw both the kill bill movies this weekend and thought they were very amusing but you can't even compare them to pulp fiction. i mean, how many quotable lines does pulp fiction have?? the dialouge between jewels and vincent it just plane LOL FUNNY! kill bill vol 1 & 2 is good but pulp fiction is GREAT!
Last edited by surferskin on Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People that think they know it all are especially annoying to those of us who do."

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:28 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:has anyone seen hellboy or the punisher what did you think of it are they worth seeing??REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

I seen Hellboy, my kids liked it.....Although i have never ever heard of the comic or read it.......

Punisher seems good .....I am a big fan of marvel comics ...and he looks like the dark, brooding, moody azz killer like in the book it might be good......Anyone see the Promo's for THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW.....

Postby redskinz4ever » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:28 am

yeah not to sure about those end of the world movies always seem kinda cheezy.did you know someone has signed on to do "IRONMAN" thats going to be cool... for more movie info go to movies.com.cool site.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:24 am

MAY 7TH VAN HELSING looks very cool.has anyone seen MAN ON FIRE???REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:56 pm

I finally watched Vol. 1 today after buying the DVD. Gotta tell ya, I still think Pulp Fiction is his best movie by Q to date.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 is good and definitely shows a lot of action and gore...but one of the things I love about Q's older movies was the witty cerebral dialogue. Not much of that goin' on in Kill Bill.

That being said, now I can go out and watch Vol. 2!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to The Lounge