Thoughts on the new NHL team

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Thoughts on the new NHL team

Postby flamethrower » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Las Vegas Golden Knights
I do like the logo. I feel that expanding to Vegas was a mistake. They wanted Vegas. Easy. Arizona Coyotes are dying due to lack of fan support. Why not move that franchise to Vegas. Better to put expansion teams into markets where there are none. Markets that support all top tier level teams. Seattle Washington would have made much more sense to me. Also expanding by 1 team only also makes no sense.
I would have expanded into Seattle, and either Kansas City, or Oklahoma City.
I feel that once the 1st year excitement wears off. Vegas stands will be either tarped off, or empty.
And, the Raiders moving there will actually not help, but hurt this mad experiment.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Skins History Buff

Re: Thoughts on the new NHL team

Postby welch » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:41 pm

I would not expand the NHL.

- there are a lot of teams already.

- if the NHL is determined to expand, go back to cold-weather cities that might be ready to support a team as it grows from nothing. Maybe Quebec and Hartford...although Quebec's metro area only has about 800,000 people, and Hartford's has about 1.2 million. Neither looks great, so maybe skip expansion?

- Of all expansion possibilities, Las Vegas seems weird.

Hog

Re: Thoughts on the new NHL team

Postby flamethrower » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Quebec City is building a brand new arena in case they do get an expansion team. Here's how I see it happening.
Florida moves to Quebec City. Already in the same Division as Montreal.
Hartford is a pipedream. But, I would love to see the Whalers back. New York Islanders might move there. Tampa Bay might move to Hamilton Ontario.
That sets up the Eastern Conference.
Las Vegas makes no sense to me at all. The Coyotes have never made any money. But, Las Vegas is here. The situation is easy. Coyotes relocate to Seattle. Key arena for 2-3 years while new arena is being built.
Other expansion team is either Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Houston, or Milwaukee.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Return to The Lounge