NHL Expansion to 32 just took a few crazy turns

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

NHL Expansion to 32 just took a few crazy turns

Postby flamethrower » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:33 pm

New Houston Rockets owner wants an NHL franchise in his building.
Now Seattle just passed a renovation for the Key arena for over $650 Million. NHL told Seattle to get an owner group together. And, NHL will expand to Seattle for 65O Million in 2020.
Houston got told that if a franchise wants to relocate. Houston will be the first choice for the relocation franchise.

Carolina Hurricanes bought by a Dallas Mogul who was told you can't move them for 7 years.

Pacific Division with Vegas has 8 teams. Seattle would make it 9. So someone will have to move.

Also Calgary and the Flames can't agree on a Stadium to replace the Saddledome. So, the Flames might be moving sooner than later. God I hope not. I like the historic Flames vs Oilers rivalry.

Arizona also has a year lease with it's current building, and Phoenix has said no to a new arena for them. Looks like the Coyotes also are on a real short leash.

Looks like Quebec City, and Hartford Connecticut, and Hamilton Ontario might be outta luck.
1 more thing. I hope they go back to the traditional divisional names of Smythe, Norris, Adams, and Patrick. They can keep the East and West conference names thou.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Return to The Lounge