Camera troubles

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
FanFromAnnapolis

Camera troubles

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat May 29, 2004 6:32 pm

I just got back from someone's house--about a mile walk--after being at a get together for the afternoon/evening. I kept a digital camera in my pocket for the duration of the party, taking pictures sporadically throughout. I took a couple of pictures as the night was closing out (us sitting around with candles lighting some conversation), and remember everything with the camera being fine.

After we walked home, and I took out my camera to review the pictures that I had taken over the course of the night. The screen only shows a mess of black and white, apparently it was damaged in my pocket on the walk home. . .somehow. :-k :explode:

So here's my dilema. I'm going to contact my mom (back home in Annapolis) really soon to find out if there is a warantee on the thing (I didn't buy it, so I'm not sure right now). And I'm willing to be that, by now, it might not be covered by some obvious form of insurance. :-({|=

What's the best thing for me to do, assuming that the LCD is just broken now? Should I send it back to Kodak, or contact the store where it was bought? I'm hoping that somehow, assuming that it's not insured right now, I can get it fixed for less than it would cost to replace it. [-o< I need a bit of help here--any suggestions?

:feedback; :feedback;
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

+++

Postby NikiH » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:54 pm

First I'd give the LCD some time. Ours was on the fritz and came back. We also have a Kodak. Is it possible that it got wet? Then my first contact would be Kodak to see if there are any known defects with your camera. Shouldn't really break in your pocket, you know? I hope you figure it out. Cameras are not cheap now a days!
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:28 pm

NikiH wrote:First I'd give the LCD some time. Ours was on the fritz and came back. We also have a Kodak. Is it possible that it got wet? Then my first contact would be Kodak to see if there are any known defects with your camera. Shouldn't really break in your pocket, you know? I hope you figure it out. Cameras are not cheap now a days!

Thanks for the advice--I'm checking it periodically but it looks like it's gone.

It certainly didn't get wet, but I'll definitely call them about defects etc. before taking it in. I like the camera a lot and up until now had nothing but good things to say about it--with any luck it will all be cleared up by the end of the month (or so).
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:51 am

Did you actually have photos on the card in the camera - downloadable to your computer. Just curious if the photos were there, you just couldn't view them on the camera. Still doesn't help with the LCD problem, but at least your nights efforts wouldn't be a total loss.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:47 pm

NC43Hog wrote:Did you actually have photos on the card in the camera - downloadable to your computer. Just curious if the photos were there, you just couldn't view them on the camera. Still doesn't help with the LCD problem, but at least your nights efforts wouldn't be a total loss.

Yes, I retrieved the photos from that night just fine, and have taken a photo or two since--it's all working great minus the LCD. I changed the batteries, since I've been using these ones for a while, but no luck. But you're right, NC43Hog, it isn't a total loss until I can get it fixed.

Return to The Lounge