SHTICK: A Skins number that SHOULD be retired

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Should the Skins retire/burn #82?

Yes
20%
No
80%
Not sure, but I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.
No votes

Total votes : 10
~~

SHTICK: A Skins number that SHOULD be retired

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:56 pm

One of the enigmas in the current Redskins roster is one Clifford Russell, the speedy WR we drafted a few years ago. He has/had great promise, but injuries and an apparent lack of skill have rendered him useless.

I was thinking that it might not really be his fault. He's wearing #82!!!!! Westbrook's old number. Did Westy ruin the number??? If so, why not retire/burn the number??!! I can't remember too far back in Skins history, so I'll rely on the history buffs to see if we've had any #82s that may have had success. Though we do not currently "retire" numbers, I propose we rid ourselves of this jersey number. Michael was a bust, Cliff is going down the same route. Change Cliffy's number and his production will soar. Otherwise he's another bust. What do you all think?
Back and better than ever!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:16 pm

I voted "no" because we don't have enough numbers to go around. Don't be surprised when the Skins start using 82.1, 82.2, 82.3, etc.!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:27 am

Justice Hog wrote:I voted "no" because we don't have enough numbers to go around. Don't be surprised when the Skins start using 82.1, 82.2, 82.3, etc.!

:lol: That was funny, but, oh, so true. Now, I wish M.W. woulda never come to this team. But, as for the #82s the Redskins have had, who stands out (as far as production and bringing pride to the uniform)?
Back and better than ever!

piggie

Postby ChillWill » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:55 pm

I heard Joe Gibbs was impressed with Cliff's speed in minicamp. He is a legitimate deep threat when he catches the ball.

Return to The Lounge