O's Select Pitcher with 8th Overall Pick

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Junior Hog

O's Select Pitcher with 8th Overall Pick

Postby Jake » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:18 pm

Wade Townsend went to Baltimore at No. 8, and joined Humber and Niemann as the first trio of college pitchers to be drafted in the first round. The WAC pitcher of year and Golden Spikes finalist went 12-0 with a 1.80 ERA and 148 strikeouts in 120 1-3 innings for Rice.

Wow! They need pitching REAL bad and boy, did they get some with that pick? 12-0 1.80 ERA... NICE! :celebrate:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... un7_2.html
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:13 pm

I haven't been keepin up with the O's this season. They're doing halfway decent? They've sucked for the majority of my life so I never really got into baseball. FOOTBALL ALLLLL THE WAY!

I saw that they have improved a bit, so how well are they doing Jake? Fill me in.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:45 pm

Chris, I have a hunch you're about my age... and the Skins have sucked for pretty much all of my life too... sooo?

Besides, you don't love a team based on W's and L's, you are drawn to them, through forces you can't explain!

At least, that's how it ought to be, lol
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:30 pm

Chris, I have a hunch you're about my age... and the Skins have sucked for pretty much all of my life too... sooo?

Besides, you don't love a team based on W's and L's, you are drawn to them, through forces you can't explain!

At least, that's how it ought to be, lol

Yes you are absolutely right, thats how it is with me. I don't care for baseball at all, I don't even like to play it myself. I was just saying that maybe they would have caught my attention a bit more if they weren't so bad, or maybe I would have grown an interest in it.

Football.....I love football forever, Im crazy and head over heels for it! Its the best sport ever invented.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

skinsfan1

Postby skinsfan1 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:38 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:

and the Skins have sucked for pretty much all of my life too... sooo?

I hope you ment the O's....... :roll:

Return to The Lounge