Computer Help

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Computer Help

Postby gambit187 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:44 am

Hey anyone know of a very good software for POP UP BLOCKERS AND TO CLEAN OUT YOUR PC'S.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:48 am

I use Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti-virus... I love it, It's one of the best one's IMO.... try and get the professional edition if you spend the extra $... it's worth it ;)
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:56 am

BringThePain! wrote:I use Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti-virus... I love it, It's one of the best one's IMO.... try and get the professional edition if you spend the extra $... it's worth it ;)

I have the norton anti-virus........maybe i will check out the internet security one.......but i was wondering if there was something that would review and do a check up of everything running on our computers...

Thanks bub

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:01 am

What kind of check up? virus? if your system's running slow, you can run a defragment on your PC and it will help clean up stuff on your PC
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:26 am

BringThePain! wrote:What kind of check up? virus? if your system's running slow, you can run a defragment on your PC and it will help clean up stuff on your PC

yeah thats it running slow as a turtle....read your PM BTP

Hog

Postby curveball » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:37 am

Go to download.com and pick one of the anti-spywares.

Run ad-aware 6 then pick another and run that occasionally to pick up what AA misses. It'll help alot.
This space reserved for BTP......If he ever wins it.

------------

Postby Redskins1974 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:34 pm

I have Norton Internet Security as well. It does a pretty good job blocking the bad. If you get that software, run Norton WinDoctor and DiscDocter as well as defraging your computer. There's other options as well like getting rid of cookies and cache or temporary files that bog things down.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.

~Marcus Aurelius

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:48 pm

Redskins1974 wrote:There's other options as well like getting rid of cookies and cache or temporary files that bog things down.

Yeah... the Professional Edition will help do that for you...
**SPECIAL EDITION**

Hog

Postby Kentucky Fried Hog » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:43 am

gambit, the best app that I have found for blocking pop-ups is 'Pop-Up Stopper' by Panicware (they offer a free version that is excellent). Keep in mind that pop-up stopping software can sometimes block out legitimate windows in IE. For spyware, I like 'Spybot Search & Destroy'. Spyware installs apps that run in the background without your knowledge.Use Spybot along with 'Ad-aware' by Lavasoft to remove the spyware and you will seriously free up your PC's resources.

Also, it would be a good idea to remove/uninstall any Dallas related wallpaper, screensaver, icons, etc. :D

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:51 am

daskins wrote:Also, it would be a good idea to remove/uninstall any Dallas related wallpaper, screensaver, icons, etc. :D

LOL :lol:

I use a combination of Ad-aware and SpyBot (for spyware), and Google Toolbar (for pop-ups) myself.
Robert :D

Return to The Lounge