President of Grenada a 'Skins fan...

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
------------

President of Grenada a 'Skins fan...

Postby Redskins1974 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:15 pm

Grenada, a stable democracy, is led by a huge sports fan, Prime Minister Keith Mitchell, 57, who is a former math professor at Howard University as well as a former captain of the national cricket team, a bowler with a mean googlie (a spinning, swerving pitch in cricket parlance). He's also a rabid Washington Redskins fan, so much so that after team owner Daniel Snyder's last vacation to this beautiful island, Snyder sent the prime minister a full Redskins uniform, pads and all. "At my age? Football? I play cricket; that's good enough," Mitchell says.

Full story: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/n ... nada_x.htm
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.

~Marcus Aurelius

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:35 pm

That's cool! So the fact still stands... the Redskins have the biggest fanbase WORLDWIDE... moreso than any other sports franchise... even more than the Yankees, Real Madrid, Dallas, etc.

The sad thing is that there are barely any Skins fans in my school at all. :(

Also ironic is that the guy's name is Keith Mitchell... an American name... and the name of a former NFL linebacker who recently left the league after playing for the Saints and Jaguars.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:40 pm

Jake wrote:That's cool! So the fact still stands... the Redskins have the biggest fanbase WORLDWIDE... moreso than any other sports franchise... even more than the Yankees, Real Madrid, Dallas, etc.

There is even representation in my home nation of El Salvador. I gave my uncle a Limited Edition bag of Redskins 70th Annivesary Coffee, when he came to visit in 2002. :D

Jake wrote:The sad thing is that there are barely any Skins fans in my school at all. :(

Whatever happened to "No Child Left Behind"??!!! :shock:
Back and better than ever!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:49 pm

Kampala Uganda... Mambasa Kenya..... Kigali Rawanda there are Skins fan all over East Africa

ok there are a few Packer fans in Uganda
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby General Failure » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:06 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Whatever happened to "No Child Left Behind"??!!! :shock:

No child left behind refers to letting kids with sub-par grades (from sub-par standards) roll on to the next year of school so they don't feel bad about themselves for being held back. :(
I got your number. I steal your thunder. I got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:34 pm

General Failure wrote:

No child left behind refers to letting kids with sub-par grades (from sub-par standards) roll on to the next year of school so they don't feel bad about themselves for being held back. :(

GF, it was a joke... one in which I found hilarious. :lol:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:46 pm

General Failure wrote:No child left behind refers to letting kids with sub-par grades (from sub-par standards) roll on to the next year of school so they don't feel bad about themselves for being held back. :(

Yeah... like the entire city of "Philidelphia" :shock:

D'OH!!!!!! :lol:
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:37 pm

Jake wrote:
General Failure wrote:

GF, it was a joke... one in which I found hilarious. :lol:

Thank you, Jake.=D> You sure know good humor when you read it. :wink:

BTW - I'm here all week. :mrgreen:
Back and better than ever!

Return to The Lounge