For all you Wizards fans out there...

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
----------

For all you Wizards fans out there...

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:24 pm

So we all know that the Pistons are full of former Wizards. However, I looked at the numbers, and if the Pistons win the title (which they will), it will be historic what a botch the Wizards have made.

Between Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and Darvin Ham, the former Wizards have combined to average 120.1 minutes per game in the Finals. That come just slightly above 50% of the total minutes a team can field.

50% is obviously an incredibly high number, but compared to past Champions, it becomes even more astounding. I was only able to work the numbers for the past ten seasons, but no other team has such a number above 40%. The second closest team is the 1998-1999 San Antonio Spurs, which had 38% of its team's minutes come from former Warriors. It would not suprise me one bit if the Pistons' 50% is the highest number of its kind in NBA history.

What is even more increcdible is the fact that we traded all these players, as opposed to them walking away. And not only did we trade three-fifths of a championship team, we traded them for pieces of garbage. When making player-for-player deals (which were essentially what all of these trades were), a General Manager should always satisfy at least two of these three requirments:

1. Trade small for big
2. Trade old for young
3. Trade cheap for exspensive

Let's take a quick look and see if Wes Unseld and Michael Jordan took these three criterion into account:

1996: The Bullets trade a younger and bigger Rasheed Wallace for a older and smaller Rod Strickland.

1999: The Wizards trade a younger and cheaper Ben Wallace for a older and more exspensive Isaac Austin.

2002: The Wizards trade away a younger and cheaper Richard Hamilton for an older and more exspensive Jerry Stackhouse.

Those three deals are so amazingly bad, you almost forget that they did it another time.

1998: The Wizards trade away a younger and bigger Chris Webber for an older and smaller Mitch Richmond.

We all knew our front office was filled with morons, but the Pistons winning the Championship can show us how fantastically bad we have actually been...
Last edited by Steve Spurrier III on Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

skinsfan1

Postby skinsfan1 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:58 am

That's some good research steve. Wizards need to regroup and their stuff together.....(they need to get with the O's and figure it out).

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:46 am

very good analysis

I used to be a big Bullets fan, but quit being one when they changed the name.

Go Pistons! Finish the fakers tonight at home!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:14 pm

I never liked Jordan anyway :lol:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby surferskin » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:30 am

"People that think they know it all are especially annoying to those of us who do."

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:53 am

I'm really happy for all these guys that they won a Championship. I think any player who spends part of his career in the hole that is the Wizards, deserves to come out on top in the end...
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:41 pm

They (and the Caps) need a new owner. . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

skinsfan1

Postby skinsfan1 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:28 pm

You can say that again FFA! :up:

Return to The Lounge