American hostage reportedly beheaded

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

American hostage reportedly beheaded

Postby 1niksder » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:07 pm

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A statement published on an Islamic Web site Friday claimed that American hostage Paul Johnson had been beheaded. The Web site also published photos apparently showing Johnson after death. The claim could not be independently confirmed.

advertisement

“In answer to what we promised ... to kill the hostage Paul Marshall after the period is over ... the infidel got his fair treatment,” the statement said. It was signed by the Organization of al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula.

"Let him taste something from what Muslims tasted who were long reached by Apache helicopter fire and missiles," the statement said. Johnson had worked on Apache helicopter systems in Saudi Arabia for Lockheed Martin.

link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5196406/

I lived in Daharan/Kobar for 2 years back in the 90's but right now I wouldnt be upset if we turned the whole area into a lake

this $h!t has to stop
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

skinsfan1

Postby skinsfan1 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:19 pm

You got that right! We have to act"civil" but they can go around and behead our people like nothing. To them i say... Monkey

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:28 pm

My brother would say "nuke 'em 'till they glow...then shoot 'em in the dark."
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:22 pm

They're definitely going to hell. No 72 virgins for them or whatever the rule is. Maybe this should be put in the smack forum?
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm

Definitely a sign of the times.

These guys will have their just reward, alright.

My condolences to the family of our fallen patriot.
Back and better than ever!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:48 pm

Bush take those billions from NASA and put it towards some good use. We are nowhere near advanced enough to get our money's worth from putting metal in space. The Space Station has basically been abadoned. We're losing our toys on mars. And the moons is just something nice to look at thru the sunroof. Put all this ;furious; moey into alternative fuels. All of it you idiot. THis oil crap is killing us, our families, our troops, and this planet. Its horrible. But he won't do it, our politicians won't do it. They're ;furious; this planet over. The people over there dont even want us there. We are not the world police. How about we fix home before we go about the world trying to fix everything else.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:48 pm

Please move this to the smack forum so we can all express ourselves....fully. :lol:

Hog

Postby General Failure » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:10 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Bush take those billions from NASA and put it towards some good use. We are nowhere near advanced enough to get our money's worth from putting metal in space.

I'd like to quote one of my favorite books here, Firestar by Michael Flynn.

"Most people", said Mariesa, "do not realize that the space program was a money maker."

"Myself included," said Barry, adding with a touch of caution, "That is, if the articles you gave me were accurate."

"They were. How many citrus crops were saved by weather satellites? How many lives by new fire-retardant materials? The computer technology alone ..."

Also, alternative fuels are already viable for everyday use. Did you know a diesel engine will run off of soy?
I got your number. I steal your thunder. I got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm.

scooter

Postby Scooter » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:18 pm

Yeah, it's Bush's fault, it's a funding deal, it's America's fault...

Anyone who places blame on anyone other that the evil bastards that carried out the act of brutal torture, kidnapping and murder is a complete idiot - smack down?

Postby Brandon777 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:24 pm

Scooter wrote:Yeah, it's Bush's fault, it's a funding deal, it's America's fault...

Anyone who places blame on anyone other that the evil bastards that carried out the act of brutal torture, kidnapping and murder is a complete idiot - smack down?
I agree 100%. The U.S. is dealing with evil murderers. Al Quada is the one responsible for this disgusting act. Anyone who blames this on Bush has no common sense and has an extremely low I.Q.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:57 pm

Scooter wrote:Yeah, it's Bush's fault, it's a funding deal, it's America's fault...

Thanks Scooter, well said!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

scooter

Postby Scooter » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:01 pm

What a range of emotions today - extreme sadness, red-faced anger... I'm all over the place. Glad you guys are here today - more than I can put in any post!

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:28 pm

Ok Chris I have to disagree here MAJORLY. This isn't about taking money from anywhere. THis isn't about budget. These same people attacked us on OUR soil. If we didn't do what we had to in Iraq and elsewhere we would be seeing these things happening at home. Would you rather this occurance happen in the states? Because if we don't stand up for ourselves, it would. They ran planes into our buildings. Not our military bases, not our military planes. They attacked innocent civilians on our soil. I say spend every penny we have getting rid of as many terrorists was we possibly can. It will make me sleep better then anything else possibly could.
As far as alternative sources of energy go, let me just say we have the resources. They are already developed. Scott's relative is associated with an energy company. He explained the whole hydrogen cell technology to us. Get the automotive and housing industry to go for it and we have alternative sources. It's a matter of whose making money off of us here. President Bush wanted to explore our land for oil. He pushed to explore Alaska. His political opponents found some reason to know it down.
So he's done things to get this country going in the direction of alternative sources.
I am sorry if this is babbling but I cannot believe an educated man like yourself really believes that we aren't already capable of using alternative forms of energy or finding our oil elsewhere!
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:58 pm

I am sorry if this is babbling but I cannot believe an educated man like yourself really believes that we aren't already capable of using alternative forms of energy or finding our oil elsewhere!

Im not saying we aren't capable at all. Maybe I haven't been keeping up to date with this technology like I should but last time I heard there are a lot of bugs that need to be worked out for cars to use hydrogen and other fuels. Im jsut saying that more fundings needs go into the development of these alternatives. I just believe more of a push needs to be done. A push like what happened with the Apollos programs.

I wasn't refferring to 9/11 at all. Im was reffering to the whole thing of thing. And Im sorry Nikki we aren't over there ONLY because of 9/11. Oil is playing a huge role in these wars. There is a lot of money in oil and I believe that some of the reason we are over are just masks to cover that up. Not all but some.

My other point is that we need to take care of home first. We cannot possibly kill every single terriost. Its impossible. How long will we been sending troops over there for that effort? We need to fix our hunger and housing issues over here 1st. We need to do something about home.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:01 pm

Yeah, it's Bush's fault, it's a funding deal, it's America's fault...

Im not refferring to this individual act. Im not reffering to 9/11. Im just saying that we need to distance ourselves from any reason to have deal with the middle east. They have oil. They dont like us. Lets just find another way and let them go about their business as far as the oil is concerned. Besides them oil is killing the planet among other things. As far as terrorism we'll deal with them as needed.

Return to The Lounge