july 30 am practice

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
piglet

july 30 am practice

Postby redskinfan » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:23 pm

great practice this morning guys and gals!they came on the field with full pads so right away we knew it was going to be a great practice.after some stretching and unit drills they began to practice some 7 on 7 and 11 on 11.ramsey looked good throwing and recievers did a good job catching.the defense really stepped it up also.i would have to say they won the scrimmage.matt bowen gave everyone in the crowd something to look forward too.(the play was a draw and trung candidate was the back.ramsey handed it off and trung took off through the middle dodging and weaving and showing off his speed,that is until he met a saftey named matt bowen up close and personal.bowen put a hit on trung that clean knocked him off his feet.trung went lateral in the air and i believe his butt,back,legs and head hit the ground all at the same time.it was so great everyone in the crowd began to scream and yell.it gave the whole place some electricity.i cant wait for the evening .

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:36 pm

oh man if we finally have a saftey that can hit even 1/2 as hard as Lavar there are going to be serious problems across the middle for teams playing against the mighty SKINS D. great description, thanks.

BOWO.

Postby finkdog » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:50 pm

[My nephew is MATT BOWEN. You have just seen and heard only the beginning. This guy goes 110mph on each play. First quarter thru fourth. The Rams and Packers lost this guy. Vinny found the right guy here, all BOWO needed was a chance. Ask Mike Vick about last years Playoff game at Lambeau. BOWO had 15 Tackles and was all over the field. Trust me, I've watched this kid play football, basketball and baseball since he was six. HE is the real DEAL!

D.F. color=yellow][/color][size=18][/size]

Hog

Postby newshog » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:10 pm

finkdog, that's fantastic! Any other insights you can share? Is he enjoying himself in DC?

And by the way, welcome!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:24 pm

This just supports what I wrote about him already in my article "Renaissance Man - One of the Skins Solid Prose". "Bowo" (great name) is one of the best free agent signings of the season...IMHO.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:43 pm

redskinfan, you deserve credit. no disrespect to the great mods of this site here (which is a MAJOR part of my day now) but this hit is national news now and you're the first to report it. I just saw a report on it on the late Sportcenter. good job!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:54 am

No disrespect taken by me. I've watched every practice with redskinfan.

He just didn't have a lengthy report to type up and a trip to damn Kinko's because of the crap internet service in my hotel room.

:-({|=

However, I'm posting now because I think I may have solved my problem. Hopefully tomorrow's practice summary will be timely .

:celebrate:

Redskinfan may even do a few reports for us when I have to head back to Canada at the end of the week :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:30 am

I just wanna add my My 2 cents here and thank all of those who are at camp and reporting on what they're seeing. Each day I am able (and I do) check these message boards just to see what is happening at camp.

With any luck, I'll be able to get off from work to go next Wednesday. (Unfortunately for me, though, that's gonna be a 1-a-day practice.) :-({|=

I'll be wearing my Riggins jersey and supporting my two Redskins tattoos! :rock:
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:25 am

yea thanks for the updates, I have school and constantly check the site. I can't get enough! :)

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007