Official Steelers - Redskins Game thread

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:15 pm

BringThePain! wrote:Nancy..

Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:18 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
BringThePain! wrote:Nancy..

Cool smiley Chris.
I'm out of here too... gonna watch sportscenter for the highlights.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:18 pm

Scottskins wrote:I'm out guys. Nice to see more improvement. Hopefully it continues every week into the season.

ALMOST TIME!!!!

So true, so true. Game-to-game improvement and avoidance of injury are the only real concerns of preaeason.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:19 pm

hooray for the defense...that omar stoutmire can fly, i think g.w. will see that and use him as the "secret weapon" this year. lavar looked pretty darn good for a guy who hasnt played in a year, and i think he built up a lot of confidence in himself and in his teammates around him tonight and he knows that he is on the right path back to making big things happen (aka, interceptions that change a season). portis averaged 6 ypc, where the haters at now? "oh you have no run game blah blah blah..." BS!!

overall we looked pretty good, only one turnover tonight, very very impressive considering the past 2 weeks. great to get a win on national TV against a 15-1 team from a year ago, maybe we might get a little respect...nahhh, that's too much to ask for--it was only a win right? :-) goodnight everybody
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:22 pm

This was the one real chance to gauge much. Get ready for a LOT of Campbell next week.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:28 pm

This thread was A LOT of fun.

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:28 pm

campbell needs to play with some o-linemen who can actually block...he was barely able to drop back and make a read before being harrassed by someone. i guess its a "baptism by fire" according to joe buck (stick to baseball!!) and i shouldnt be saying anything, but at least let the fans who weren't at TC see what he has to give. the only evidence we saw was that first game with carolina and he looked pretty goood, but pretty good against scrubs won't cut it if the occasion calls for him to play...

now for real...goodnight
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:29 pm

I still can't believe nobody replied or had a comment on this. I wrote:

Joe Buck reminds Aikman of his encounter with LA. Aikman says, huh? I still can't remember (or close to that).
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:34 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:I still can't believe nobody replied or had a comment on this. I wrote:

Joe Buck reminds Aikman of his encounter with LA. Aikman says, huh? I still can't remember (or close to that).

It's really not that memorable.

Hog

Postby ejay183 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:19 pm

I think it was, I even saved the clip on my computer.
Clinton Portis 2005-2006 Season tracker
352 carries 1516 yards 11 TDs
30 receptions 216 yards 0 TDs
1/2 17 yards 1 TD 118.8

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:23 pm

ejay183 wrote:I think it was, I even saved the clip on my computer.

I'm not real fond of career-ending things like that -- no matter what team the guy plays for.

Beat the team? Of course. Hurt the player? Not so much.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:31 am

Here's what I saw from where I sat tonight:

First, our running game was very impressive. We took it to a very solid defense and essentially man-handled them all night. Sign of things to come? I certainly hope so.

Second, with the exception of that 1st-year, rookie, bone-head, peace of crap pass that Ramsey threw early on....he wasn't too bad, especially with the help of a solid running game. That first bomb absolutely sucked, though. The WR had his man beat by a good 5 yards and if Ramsey just led him, instant TD. He's still got some growin' to do folks....I'm just not sure I'm gonna be that patient this year.

Our WRs? The most YAC I've seen in 4 years!

Cooley is just a monster. He's gonna have a huge year.

Brunell looked crisp and his passes were on the money. No QB controversy, however, because...let's face it folks...he's still facing the 2nd-3rd teamers out there.

Groom looked pretty damn good tonight, though a few were shorter.

Portis will break 2,000 yards rushing this year barring injury.

And....all of those observations even though I was sitting directly behind an extremely hot hot hot girl all night (just ask cvillehog).
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:46 am

One word...DOMINATION tonight by the Skins. If we play like we did tonight we won't have anything to worry about. Our overrated offensive line sure showed why they are overrated (I can't believe I heard this) flatting last years #1 defense. Defense showed the same dominance from last year, Pittsburgh was just awful on offense. The word is out on Worthlessburger just like I said, once everyone has an actual scouting report on him, he will come down to earth. No TD's this whole preseason so far for him, he's looked foolish. Maaaaaan I enjoyed seeing all those Pittsburgh fans leaving early with bad looks on thier faces and chapped arses when their team got dominated in every aspect of the game, plus they had to drive back to Pittsburgh HAHAHAHA. The team looked great tonight, could'nt have asked for a better showing than that. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Justice HOG, I admit that pass from Ramsey to Moss was underthrown but Moss still should have made the adjustment with the DB's back to the ball. Cheers...
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:59 am

Justice Hog wrote:And....all of those observations even though I was sitting directly behind an extremely hot hot hot girl all night (just ask cvillehog).

I concur. :)

Oh, and I agree on the football points too.

I'm really pleased at our success against Pittsburgh's 3-4, since Dallas is adopting that formation this season.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:01 am

cvillehog wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:And....all of those observations even though I was sitting directly behind an extremely hot hot hot girl all night (just ask cvillehog).

I concur. :)

Oh, and I agree on the football points too.

I'm really pleased at our success against Pittsburgh's 3-4, since Dallas is adopting that formation this season.

Oh just rub it in! :evil:

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007