Official Steelers - Redskins Game thread

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15980
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:28 am

cvillehog wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:And....all of those observations even though I was sitting directly behind an extremely hot hot hot girl all night (just ask cvillehog).


I concur. :)

Oh, and I agree on the football points too.

I'm really pleased at our success against Pittsburgh's 3-4, since Dallas is adopting that formation this season.

The least you guys could have done was hold up a FOX placard to get on TV and show us all this hot girl! Then once you are on TV, flip the placard around to show THN on the other side. That would have been sweet. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:47 am

JSPB22 wrote:
cvillehog wrote:
Justice Hog wrote:And....all of those observations even though I was sitting directly behind an extremely hot hot hot girl all night (just ask cvillehog).


I concur. :)

Oh, and I agree on the football points too.

I'm really pleased at our success against Pittsburgh's 3-4, since Dallas is adopting that formation this season.

The least you guys could have done was hold up a FOX placard to get on TV and show us all this hot girl! Then once you are on TV, flip the placard around to show THN on the other side. That would have been sweet. :lol:


The camera doesn't go up that high, all you would see are a bunch of tiny birds.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++
Posts: 4448
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:02 pm

Postby NikiH » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:55 am

Justice Hog wrote: He's still got some growin' to do folks....I'm just not sure I'm gonna be that patient this year.


Luckily as a fan you don't have to make this call. You, I assume will support whatever Gibbs decides. And that's going to be Ramsey. Did you notice that Brunnell didn't go deep quite as much as Ramsey did? There is a reason he isn't being asked to run those plays and that's because Ramsey is our starter. Will be all year. You people need to get used to that.
[quote="Justice Hog"]
Groom looked pretty damn good tonight, though a few were shorter.
[quote]
According to the boneheads at Fox Groom isn't making the team regardless. He is putting on a pretty audition for the other teams. So we'll see what happens there. I am hoping they are just being cautious withholding Tupa from the last 2 games.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:35 pm
Location: Southeast D.C.

Postby ejay183 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:02 am

NikiH wrote:
Justice Hog wrote: He's still got some growin' to do folks....I'm just not sure I'm gonna be that patient this year.


Luckily as a fan you don't have to make this call. You, I assume will support whatever Gibbs decides. And that's going to be Ramsey. Did you notice that Brunnell didn't go deep quite as much as Ramsey did? There is a reason he isn't being asked to run those plays and that's because Ramsey is our starter. Will be all year. You people need to get used to that.
Justice Hog wrote:
Groom looked pretty damn good tonight, though a few were shorter.
According to the boneheads at Fox Groom isn't making the team regardless. He is putting on a pretty audition for the other teams. So we'll see what happens there. I am hoping they are just being cautious withholding Tupa from the last 2 games.


Is there any way to keep Groom on the practice squad? Tupa is getting up there in years and Groom is young with a great leg.
Clinton Portis 2005-2006 Season tracker
352 carries 1516 yards 11 TDs
30 receptions 216 yards 0 TDs
1/2 17 yards 1 TD 118.8

+++
Posts: 4448
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:02 pm

Postby NikiH » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:09 am

The problem with keeping him on the practice squad is there are scouts from other teams at games. And although we needed him, putting him out there quite so much was not a good idea. They are seeing his talent and likely he'd never make it to our practice squad before someone else picked him up.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Pursuer of Justice
Posts: 5798
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:38 pm
Location: Newark, Delaware

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:20 am

Nikki:

I will certainly cheer on Ramsey with everything I have. I'm just saying that if, in the first few games, I see some similar throws that I saw against the Steelers, I'm not gonna be a very happy camper. Don't for one second put me in that group of "Ramsey haters". I am a realist, however, and I just want to see improvement....which, I think, we all do.

Regarding your comments on Brunell, you are right on the money. His passes were shorter and had some zip. But, if I had a choice, however, I would take 10-15 yard completions all day long versus 30+ yard incompletions/interceptions.

As for our punting situation, I'd like to see us keep Groom over Tupa. This kid has a future...and I'm not so sure how many years Tupa has left in him.

Hey...that sounds like a good poll thread!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007