TE ROBERT JOHNSON

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

TE ROBERT JOHNSON

Postby MEZZSKIN » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:01 am

Is it me or was he on the field for the entire game. I think Gibbs found a sleeper TE in this kid. He can pass and run block. See what he did to that LB on Rock's TD run . Looks like we found another Auburn KID WITH A GOOD ATTITUDE WHO CAN PLAY..........PS where is MANUEL WHITE????? The kid must be really lost with this new position

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:14 am

I didn't know we had another Auburn kid?

I dont know whats going to happen with White. I read somewhere that one of our division foes are planning on snatching up one of our backs as soon as cuts begin.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:42 am

Johnson played well last week.

I think part of what makes it hard to gauge the TE's is that Sellers really seems to be playing at TE quite a bit... not at H-back, but at TE.

Johnson blocked well last week too... it's one of the main things I watch when I watch a game the first time.

He has a decent chance at making the squad IMO.

As for White, he does look a bit lost at HB and it would seem that with Portis, Betts, Cartwright and Broughton being the forerunners for the RB slots, White's only shot is going to be at HB. I think he'd make the practice squad for the simple reason that he was a mid-round pick but as everyone knows... PS players aren't protected and both the Eagles and The Giants are looking for a back with a bit more size.

I did mention both of them in last week's On The Bubble article, and I didn't see anything last night to change my opinion on either Johnson or White.

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:08 am

I have to figure Broughton well at least make practice squad. Or Byner will have a Heart attack if they cut him....So if the Eagles or Jints get White , i wont lose sleep over it...Did anyone see Robert Royal , was he hurt???..I like this Johnson kid alot...He fit in nicely with our line

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:39 am

Broughton on the practice squad is definitely not a foregone conclusion IMO. he's made a really strong push to make the roster and could definitely become our short-yardage / goal line back. He's also a good special teams player, so it would seem there is a pretty good chance of him making the 53... but it will come down to numbers.

I think they like him enough to NOT put him on the PS because there's no protecting the player. If the Skins put Nemo on the PS, it wouldn't be White that got picked off by another NFC East team.

My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:46 am

If Nemo isn't on the active roster than Im going to really irritated. He's the size that we need on the goaline. I dont care how well Rock is running the ball, he doesn't have the size to expand holes and push back a pile. Rock is good and hopefully he'll stick around but I really like Nemo.

For some reason Fox showed the game at 1am and I saw Nemo burst through a hole that was closing and causing two defenders to explode around him. :shock:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:44 pm

MEZZSKIN wrote:I have to figure Broughton well at least make practice squad. Or Byner will have a Heart attack if they cut him....So if the Eagles or Jints get White , i wont lose sleep over it...Did anyone see Robert Royal , was he hurt???..I like this Johnson kid alot...He fit in nicely with our line

Royal's hurt. He'll be back this week, I think. I also think both Byner and I will have heart attacks if Nemo ends up any thing less than our short yardage back.

Hog

Re: TE ROBERT JOHNSON

Postby USAFSkinFan » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:14 pm

MEZZSKIN wrote:Is it me or was he on the field for the entire game. I think Gibbs found a sleeper TE in this kid. He can pass and run block. See what he did to that LB on Rock's TD run . Looks like we found another Auburn KID WITH A GOOD ATTITUDE WHO CAN PLAY..........PS where is MANUEL WHITE????? The kid must be really lost with this new position

I liked Johnson's enthusism in the game, he always seemed upbeat, but c'mon... he whiffed on that LB on the touchdown... as he fell to the ground he hit the LBs foot who then tripped and took out another one of his own players...

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:34 pm

I can' guarnatee anything, but Nemo almost assured himself a roster spot, not by brusing defenders and plowing through people, but also by being one of the fastest guys to the ball carrier and making two particularly good special teams tacklers.

I think that is what Gibbs wants and was probably missing in D-Mac...some guys have the inner will and drive to make it on Teams...Thrash is one....Sellers is one....Nemo looks like he could be one two. Bowen used to be one. You have to have that endless, almost wreckless motor.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007