Buck and Aikman can bite me

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

Buck and Aikman can bite me

Postby riggofan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:38 am

Anybody else seriously annoyed by these two jokers laying into Ramsey for the entire first half of the Steelers game? While Roethlisberger sucked the entire time he was in there, all they could talk about was Ramsey missing two or three passes.

It wasn't a perfect performance from Ramsey, but I'd argue in a regular season game with our defense and our running game, it would be good enough to win.

Aikman in particular couldn't shut up about how bad Ramsey was. Somebody should have sent LaVar up to the booth to shut him up.

Hog

Re: Buck and Aikman can bite me

Postby ejay183 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:56 am

riggofan wrote:Anybody else seriously annoyed by these two jokers laying into Ramsey for the entire first half of the Steelers game? While Roethlisberger sucked the entire time he was in there, all they could talk about was Ramsey missing two or three passes.

It wasn't a perfect performance from Ramsey, but I'd argue in a regular season game with our defense and our running game, it would be good enough to win.

Aikman in particular couldn't shut up about how bad Ramsey was. Somebody should have sent LaVar up to the booth to shut him up.

I dont care what they had to say. I was enjoying the Redskins showing improvement on national TV.
Clinton Portis 2005-2006 Season tracker
352 carries 1516 yards 11 TDs
30 receptions 216 yards 0 TDs
1/2 17 yards 1 TD 118.8

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:10 am

I think Aikmen is still a little sore about this rookie Redskin linebacker ending his career. He really needs to let it go. Its not Arrington's fault that he can't take a hit. I mean seriously, Arrington has hit other quarterbacks and running backs just as hard as he hit him. Remember that Michael Vick hit last preseason?

Buck just follows Aikmen. He repeats whatever Aikmen says. I really wish he would grow up and become a man.
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:31 am

Anybody else seriously annoyed by these two jokers laying into Ramsey

The more the sports entertainers ridicule the Redskins, the better I like it. We will laugh harder when the Redskins win.

For an example, find a tape of SB 22 and listen to Al Michaels and Dan Dierdorf make fun of the Redskins in Q1. Then enjoy the sound as they choke on their tongues. I especially like Dierdorf's comment at the end of the half: "My jaw is literally sitting on my chest".

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Buck and Aikman can bite me

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:08 pm

riggofan wrote:Anybody else seriously annoyed by these two jokers laying into Ramsey for the entire first half of the Steelers game? While Roethlisberger sucked the entire time he was in there, all they could talk about was Ramsey missing two or three passes.

I tend to listen to Aikman to see if I can pick up all of his bias statements. Last night's comments about Ramsey were flawed from the start. He was/is under the impression that Ramsey is in compatition for the starting QB spot, and that is how he looked at his performance.

In the end he did state that Ramsey did nothing to lose the spot last night, if he came in as the starter. That tells me someone put a bug in his ear to educate him about our starting QB position.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:45 pm

Don't blame Aikman. Blame Arrington. It was Arrington who turned out Aikman's lights. Bad LaVar.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:33 pm

Did anyone notice Terry b. and Howie l. on the Fox halftime and post game review?Bradshaw took up for Ramsey and Howie had nothing positive to say about the skins.I liked the part when Terry showed Howie the game stats between Big ben and Ramsey.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Hog

Postby ejay183 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:41 pm

Thats because Terry Bradsaw knows how it feel to struggle as the starting QB. He saw something in Ramsey. I know Ramsey wont be a Hall of Famer, but maybe he can pick up some rings in his career like Terry.
1/2 17 yards 1 TD 118.8

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:22 pm

Thank god it was a home game so I didn't have to listen to that debacle.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Hog

Postby BernieSki » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:44 am

I think Terry also like Patrick because they are both from Louisiana. If I am not mistaken Patrick broke Terry's state javlin record.

As far as Aikman and Buck, I hate when they do our games they are both regulary negative towards the Redskins. If I had a choice I would prefer Theisman announce our games over anyone else.
BernSki

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:18 am

Speaking of HATING, did anybody watch the Fox Fantasy Football preview yesterday. I couldn't BELIEVB it when Howie didn't have the Skins in his top 10 defenses. Fortunately, everybody else on the panel did.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:27 am

For the most part we should realize that the measure of these shows is not what they know but the effect of what they say on the ratings. This is the entertainment business and the bulk of the money for this great sport comes from the advertisers NOT the fans. Prior to the game IMO these people think about the "effect" of what they are planning to say and this is based more on the ratings game than on the accuracy of their observations.
The fans and the NFL do not pay these people to be "accurate", the advertisers pay their bosses for them to get the ratings up.

Most of our talking heads are saying things they know are not "true" but to get a positive "jump" from others who have no interest in accuracy.

I agree with welch in that the taste is going to be a lot "sweeter" when we show the talking heads and media buffs up on the field.
This season is shaping up to be a lot more enjoyable than even we thought. Thankfully, still no bad injuries and we are looking fairly deep across the board.
"the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths" Gruden on RG3

RG3 needs to learn to read defenses better & utilize his talents and the players around him better

Hog

Postby ejay183 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:43 am

riggofan wrote:Speaking of HATING, did anybody watch the Fox Fantasy Football preview yesterday. I couldn't BELIEVB it when Howie didn't have the Skins in his top 10 defenses. Fortunately, everybody else on the panel did.

Wow, is he blind or something? Skins not having a top ten defense, that just sounds funny since Gregg Williams is in charge of the defense.
1/2 17 yards 1 TD 118.8

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:02 am

skinpride1 wrote:Did anyone notice Terry b. and Howie l. on the Fox halftime and post game review?Bradshaw took up for Ramsey and Howie had nothing positive to say about the skins.I liked the part when Terry showed Howie the game stats between Big ben and Ramsey.

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=202
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:18 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
skinpride1 wrote:Did anyone notice Terry b. and Howie l. on the Fox halftime and post game review?Bradshaw took up for Ramsey and Howie had nothing positive to say about the skins.I liked the part when Terry showed Howie the game stats between Big ben and Ramsey.

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=202
You did notice!!!Howie Long is a real pain.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007