DE Shawn Johnson

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Pursuer of Justice

DE Shawn Johnson

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:24 am

This is the DE stud from the University of Delaware that was signed (and later cut) by the Raiders last year. He was just cut by the Titans as well.

Maybe he isn't ready for the NFL, I dunno, but this kid absolutely played like a man-among-boys when playing at Delaware for the Blue Hens.

I would love it if the Redskins just brought him in to take a look at him. Maybe he's not good enough, by NFL standards....but maybe he's a guy that, with a little work and coaching, can pick up his game.

And to those of you that think Delaware is probably too small a school to pump out NFL talent, I have two words for you:

RICH

GANNNON
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:25 am

Maybe he's worth a shot and he should be well within our budget. I was just in the Simon thread and I said the same thing... I dont know which I'd rather have. Simon is proven but costs more do, Shawn isn't proven and would be dirt cheap.

Id almost lean towards Shawn because he's young and I think we have great coaches who can get the most out of players. I dont think I need to prove that point.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:48 am

If I were going to bring someone in it would be a DE not a DT. Cost would be a concern
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:45 pm

how many years ago did gannon play??? any other nfl caliber guys coming out of deleware since gannon??
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:54 pm

gay4pacman wrote:how many years ago did gannon play??? any other nfl caliber guys coming out of deleware since gannon??

Your point is?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:59 pm

No. Eddie Conti was a good little WR that beat all of Jerry Rice's I-AA records; however, he was just that, a "little" WR. Too little for the NFL. He was signed by the Patriots a few years back but never made it into the league.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:21 am

worth a look ..yes !!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:24 am

lets pick up eddie conti too! Deleware football players = wins!
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007