Some Props For BossHog, The Reporter

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.

Some Props For BossHog, The Reporter

Postby TennesseeCarl » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:28 pm

The Bossman's been telling us in his reports that he observed Rob Johnson sucking pond water.

Did the Post ever report that? Did the Times? Paul Woody?

Fans reporting from camp point out that Rob Johnson isn't getting it done. So within a week, a new vet QB is brought in.

And this is the problem for us in getting Redskin news. The reporters from the big outlets can't come out and say, 'Good Lord, this guy just stunk out there - it was one sorry performance.' Why? Because they don't know for a fact that he'll be cut and they have to deal with that player. Our fan reporters don't.

piglet

Postby redskinfan » Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:53 pm

i couldnt agree more dude.i just recently met bosshog in ashburn and he turned me on to his web site.the first thing i noticed was how well he was doing at expressing how training camp was going.now i cant stop looking up hogs net.i hope he knows how appreciative we are for all his hard work on screen and off screen,because it has to be very time consuming and probably a lot of headaches too.thanks again bosshog.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:12 pm

This is a VERY worthy thread. Hats off to Bosshog for doing this for sure! His reports are not only just now really breaking, but it is quite possible some of the observations will be meaningful for weeks to come. I can see some 'I told you so's' coming in the future. Boss, know that these reports have reached the entire east coast as I live in Tampa, FL longing for the day I return to DC. Thanks bro!

redskinfan I forgot you for a second, sorry. Thank you as well, I apreesh!

redskinsmiley

Site Admin

Thanks

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:19 am

Thanks guys, and I appreciate the compliment Carl.

I think my next 'I told you so' may be the Batholomew/Barker 'battle'. As I said all week, Barker was getting whupped in terms of distance and hang time.

The Post picked up on it yesterday.

I agree with your assessment Carl, I just wonder where the freedom in thet 'freedom of the press' is. I was shocked by the coverage when I was at camp. I take what the papers write as gospel living up here in Canada, but after witnesssing contradiction after contradiction, I'll take everything with a grain of salt from now on.

I'm going to move last week's camp reports to the camp section of the main web site after today, so that there aren't so many stickies clogging up the top of the board. I will also open a thread later today where you can post any questions that you want to ask me about my camp observations.

I also have a few hundred photos to try and post thanks to Tazlah and some submissions from camp goers.

AAnnnddd, I will try to post a summary of the Ken Harvey event, complete with pictures.

Aye... right back at it I guess.

FOOTBALL season is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:54 am

I was out there for the afternoon practice -- well at least the first hour. They were again on the back fields which made it difficult to get a good sightline. That's doubly so when they block off one end of the most-used field from the end zone out to the 20. (They said they were "protecting" us from potentially dangerous corner routes.)

After a day of dampness, dankness and rain, the sun came out big-time for the afternoon session and turned Ashburn into a sauna. I thought Barker showed relatively equal to Batholomew -- much moreso than he did Friday morning.

Wuerffel was Wuerffel. That's all he'll ever be. Let's just make sure he stays as P-Ram's mentor.

But I don't know if SOS can resist. Having the Prodigal Son back in camp is like taking a local AA support group on the Anhueser-Busch tour.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007