Top 5 Quick Camp Notes

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Site Admin

Top 5 Quick Camp Notes

Postby BossHog » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:01 am

First of all, I want to apologize for the lack of podcast so far... we've had a few 'technical' difficulties... but I've sorted them out now. I will try to get one or two podcasts out for you today and wrap the first three days of camp. That'll hopefully answer most of the main questions that people might be asking themselves.

I do want to touch on a few things though:

1) Jesse Lumsden - I hope you all will remember that I have been singing this kid's praises since when we signed him, because Jesse is grabbing a lot of people's attentions down here. He should be... he is playing GREAT down here. If there's a guy playing harder out there... someone point him out to me. I'll be speaking to him on Friday at greater length and I'll post the Q and A here on Friday or Saturday.

2) Renaldo Wynn - had a chance to listen in on a couple of interviews with the guy. Wow. What a truly professional man. So attentive... this guy gets very little press and he is truly one of the leaders of this team. I know most of you tend to only look at their football abilities... but guys like Renaldo are the glue that will keep this team together through thick and thin.

3) Al Saunders - are you kidding me? This guy rules. Holy cow, is he ever an animated individual. It is really exciting to see how jacked up this guy gets, and it HAS to affect the players.

4) Traffic tip - getting out of Redskin Park after each practice has been a loooooong chore some days. They normally have a police officer at the corner of Waxpool and Loudoun County Pkwy, but not this year. That means 20-30 minute waits to get off of L.C.P. Obviously it depends on what your final destination is... but for the most part, you can get where you are going MUCh quicker by turning RIGHT out of Redskin Park... heading up LCP to Highway 7, and then on to Highway 28. You do go four or five miles further... but that won't take half an hour.

5) The heat - it's really, really hot down here. There have been a few instances of heat exhaustion and sunstroke at the park. If you're coming to practice.... don't try to be a hero... bring a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

~~~~~~

Re: Top 5 Quick Camp Notes

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:10 pm

BossHog wrote: I will try to get one or two podcasts out for you today and wrap the first three days of camp. That'll hopefully answer most of the main questions that people might be asking themselves.
Look forward to it. Lumsden is an interesting story. I am somehow biased. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007