Friday Practice

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

Friday Practice

Postby John Manfreda » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:53 pm

I went on Hailredskins.com to see what training camp was like. Did anyone from here go to camp on friday, if so do they agree with this. What worries me is that he says we only have one legit Qb on our roster.

openallnight
Ghost Dancer Join Date: Jan 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from Fri. practice. Well just got back from ODBP following the Fri. practice
Few quick notes:
- The place was packed!!! Doesn't anyone in NO. VA work???
- Practiced in shorts/shoulder pads
- Started w/ teams: Randel El, Moss and #13 handled PR duty
- We have 1 legit QB on the Roster
- Collins and Cambell both hold on to the ball too long. Can't make decisions. When they finally do it's either a safety valve or bad decision.
- Brunell looks remarkably better than last year's camp. His decision making than subsequent release is much quicker then the former two.
- Moss torched Springs like burnt toast on a bomb. Moss actually had a good 10 yards on Springs and had to slow a bit to haul in Brunell's pass.
- McIntosh looked to be the fastest LB on the field.
- Jacobs dropped a couple passes to resounding boos.
- Carter v. Samuels is turning into a classic match-up. Carter is noticeably faster/quicker than the other dLineMen but, Samuels won the match-up all day. I think this is gonna be a huge benefit to Samuels through out the season.
- Lumsden and Cartwright got most of the TB work. I woudldn't give an advantage either way. Although, Rock really hustled (after what would have been a tackle in a live game) 50 yards into the end zone and Saunders ran all the way down field after him and was really giving him some serious props.
- #13 Ateveus Cash was the only no-named WR to really stand-out IMHO.
- Rogers didn't practice.
- Jimhoh and Wright got work in his place. Both looked real good. Jimoh
blanketed Jacobs on a long pass that Brunell overthrew.
- The oLine looked pretty decent. Although, I think we'll get a much better feel in tomorrow's scrimmage.
- Portis got very little work. He missed a screen. Although, he had a nice run off-tackle wear he showed good patience. (Something I thought he lacked sorely in '04) I think he is steadily continuing to develop and only has better days ahead.
That's all for now . . . . see y'all tomorrow.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:14 pm

Joe Gibbs: Aug 4 (Talks about both Campbell and Collins)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Dancer wrote:- #13 Ateveus Cash was the only no-named WR to really stand-out IMHO.

redskins.com wrote:Want a rookie to keep an eye on in Saturday's scrimmage and the rest of preseason? Wide receiver Mike Espy continues to impress with fluid route-running. He seems to be catching everything thrown his way in practice. Espy has drawn raves from teammate Brandon Lloyd, who wrote about Espy in his daily Training Camp Journal

and
Wide receiver Steven Harris, who spent the 2005 season on the Redskins' practice squad, ran cross-field and pulled in a perfectly timed throw from Jason Campbell. Harris was shoved hard out of bounds by Adam Archuleta.

Link

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:45 pm

- Collins and Cambell both hold on to the ball too long. Can't make decisions. When they finally do it's either a safety valve or bad decision.

True. Both Collins and Campbell looked bad today. Neither has been particulary hot either time I visited.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007