Skins vs. Bengals

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
G4L

Skins vs. Bengals

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:02 pm

So I just saw on NFL.com the pre-season airings for Aug. 13 and the game against the Bengals is not one of them, what the crap, question: is there any way a Skins fan in Nashville can see this game?

On another note my conspiracy theory is THE NFL HATES DANIEL SNYDER and it does a whole lot of shady things to our organization: whether it's going overboard on fines for attire (portis/taylor "team color"socks), handpicking us for dallas in Week 2 on a short week, giving as little coverage as possible on NFL Network aside from minimal reports and maybe a Clinton Portis sighting, ironically I think they hate Snyder for the same reason they hate Jerry Jones (whom I personally hate) and thats because they are owners who care more about their respective franchises than the league as a whole, parody, screw parody these guys want to win, and they want to win every year, and don't care how much it costs. Anyway just wanted to vent this frustration compounded by the fact that instead of getting a healthy dose of Jason Cambell this Sunday I get to see the two teams I HATE THE MOST Dallas & Seattle, Bring on the regular season and God Bless NFL Sunday Ticket ($229 ouch) & SportsBars!
HAIL

~~~~~~

Re: Skins vs. Bengals

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:02 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:On another note my conspiracy theory is THE NFL HATES DANIEL SNYDER ...
No, not the entire NFL. But he is not very popular among quite a number of owners and the media. It really does not have to be this way. All he has to do, just like his pick to coach the Redskins, is to hire somebody that will improve his image and public relations in general. A public relations campaign would have three fronts: the NFL, the media and ...

... the fans of his team.

The latter being the most important without taking away the value of public relations in the other two sectors. However, when you have zillions of dollars at the age of about 41 years of age, there is a tremendous temptation not to try to please everybody if you know what I mean.

I am not a fan of his. But to be fair he has shown signs of improvement, which have been highlighted by others in this forum. Interestingly, I am convinced that he COULD become a very popular owner among the Redskins fans. He supports a good amount of charitable causes and if Joe Gibbs likes him (putting the 5 million aside), I believe him. But he certainly has not come across that way when the aggressive businessman gets the best of him.

He needs to hire somebody that he respects to handle his public relations, a Joe Gibbs of marketing/public relations. He is definitely a smart person and he could improve his image.

Now, please remember, as JK Cooke said once, you can please some, some of the time. But you can never please all, all of the time. The job is to have as many as you can from the former, and as few as possible of the latter. :wink:
RiC
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:02 am

The more I learn about Snyder the more I dislike him.

Fan Appreciation Day :roll:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby redskingush » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:30 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:So I just saw on NFL.com the pre-season airings for Aug. 13 and the game against the Bengals is not one of them, what the crap, question: is there any way a Skins fan in Nashville can see this game?

Sunday's game a national NBC game @ 8PM.
GO SKINS GO!!

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:52 am

redskingush wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:So I just saw on NFL.com the pre-season airings for Aug. 13 and the game against the Bengals is not one of them, what the crap, question: is there any way a Skins fan in Nashville can see this game?

Sunday's game a national NBC game @ 8PM.

Which is probably why it isn't on the NFL network even as a rerun.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007