THN Gameday Thread

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:14 pm

every team has their starting rb in for the most part at the begining of the preason games so its in no way Gibbs' fault.
Last edited by redskinsrule54 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 pm

What to do next game:

I say that we start the backups next week to avoid injury but we also have to make cuts next week and this will give the coaches extensive look at players.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 pm

The way he got injured was a fluke and could not have been forseen, but players like Portis shouldn't be out there.

I didn't see Chad Johnson out there.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
He knows he needed to be in there. This is his first year in this offense and that will be explained to him.

I totally disagree. If they are going to run a watered down, vanilla version of the offense and only give Portis a carry or two then there is absolutely no need for him to be in there. Like the commentators said, running backs need the least amount of work in these games. No reason to risk having something like this happen, especially in the first preseason game.

...and you'll find more than one player in the league that agrees with you. You'll find others who say there's no need to practice, either.
I'm throwing my lot in with the people who see it as CP being upset with the injury, and how frightening that must've been for him, initially.
He's got a lot of heart, making that tackle the way he did...and the adrenaline was still flowing during the interview.
Cooler heads prevail.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:17 pm

redskinsrule54 wrote:every team has their starting rb in for the most part at the begining of the preason games so its in no way Gibbs' fault.

no, it is brunell's fault. that interception was beyond inexcusable, and portis was just trying to clean up brunell's mess.

now before i get crucified, i am not saying i hate brunell, or that he shouldn't be playing. i'm just saying that one play, that one throw, was his fault. it is his fault portis got injured. portis would never have been tackling someone otherwise.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:18 pm

No way Lumsden and Betts sit out, while Portis plays. I understand that he needs the reps, but seriously, its a risk for any starter being out there.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:18 pm

i was thinkin that too, but i thought it was ludacris to say it.(about it being brunells fault)
Last edited by redskinsrule54 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:19 pm

frankcal20 wrote:What to do next game:

I say that we start the backups next week to avoid injury but we also have to make cuts next week and this will give the coaches extensive look at players.

I think you have to start the starters, and play them for a little bit. There's nothing like a preseason game to get the bugs worked on (if not "out").
Things happen all the time. There are some valuable starters that never even make it this far into the preseason, due to some freak injury in camp.
You can't predict it, and you can't rest 'em all. It's football, and the players have to play.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:20 pm

Ok our starting and backup RB's are injured, Our 1st string Offense looked embarrassing our 2nd string QB was pure trash, and B Lloyd shining samuels head is priceless? Dan Snyder doesn't think so, this is a big time franchise with a big time payroll and that outing was down right awful.
B lloyd had a reputation in SF for not being serious and seeing him making jokes during a game like that, like life's a joke, life's funny, is not encouraging, Brunell was even cracking up and I see that attitude overall as innapropriate, these are professionals.
Right now Gibbs is doing his usual post game "him-haw well we can't say much till we look at the film" well one thing we could say is that was unacceptable, to go out there on national television pre-season or not, to look that bad is tough.

Here's hoping we get serious...

HTTR
HAIL

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:21 pm

As for Lumbsden, he didn't play (Im sure) is b/c he is hurt but b/c coaches saw enough from scrimmage that they probably thought it was ok for him to sit this week.

As for the comment that Brunnels pass is inexcusable, NO. MB was thinking that Lloyd was going to cut to an out route but he went inside. Even Madden said that. If Brunnel wanted to throw it away, he would have.

swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:21 pm

settle down its preseason... The score doesnt matter at all Loyds done playing samuels is done playing why not make some good chemestry on the team apparently we dont have that(NFL Live)
Last edited by redskinsrule54 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:22 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Ok our starting and backup RB's are injured, Our 1st string Offense looked embarrassing our 2nd string QB was pure trash, and B Lloyd shining samuels head is priceless? Dan Snyder doesn't think so, this is a big time franchise with a big time payroll and that outing was down right awful.
B lloyd had a reputation in SF for not being serious and seeing him making jokes during a game like that, like life's a joke, life's funny, is not encouraging, Brunell was even cracking up and I see that attitude overall as innapropriate, these are professionals.
Right now Gibbs is doing his usual post game "him-haw well we can't say much till we look at the film" well one thing we could say is that was unacceptable, to go out there on national television pre-season or not, to look that bad is tough.

Here's hoping we get serious...

HTTR

I think you are over exaggerating. A lot of players were joking on the sidelines, why? Because when you are not going back into the game, you have no reason to sit there stone faced and void of emotion. B Loyd laughing is nothing major. If the camera stayed on the sidelines for the entire game, you would see a lot of players laughing.'

Before all the sky is falling club members come out, I remind you that we were 4-0 in the preseason the year Spurrier came to town.

Preseason means pretty much nothing.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:24 pm

have some fun make sure the team has chemistry in the preseason. Get serious when it counts.

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:24 pm

die cowboys die wrote:
redskinsrule54 wrote:every team has their starting rb in for the most part at the begining of the preason games so its in no way Gibbs' fault.

no, it is brunell's fault. that interception was beyond inexcusable, and portis was just trying to clean up brunell's mess.

now before i get crucified, i am not saying i hate brunell, or that he shouldn't be playing. i'm just saying that one play, that one throw, was his fault. it is his fault portis got injured. portis would never have been tackling someone otherwise.

do you have any idea how silly it sounds when you claim it was brunell's fault that clinton got hurt?

just wonderin'.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

swine

Postby milkbone » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm

At least Portis has a couple pre season games to sit out and get healthy. Even if he is healthy, I can't see Gibbs playing him again before the reg season. We have so many rb's on the roster that there is no reason to play
clinton for the rest of pre season.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007