THN Gameday Thread

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm

oh and other than the freak interception the 1st string offense looked fine good drive then they were done, when were they embarrassing.
Last edited by redskinsrule54 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm

Really. It is preseason. I think that Manny White had a good game. Espy had a good game. McCune had a good game. Lloyd had a good game. And lastly,

Postby yupchagee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:26 pm

tcwest10 wrote:
Mursilis wrote:
tcwest10 wrote:Suddenly...I'm not so sure.

All 3 QBs threw a pick. But JC has the highest completion % right now (and would've completed even more if he wasn't throwing to 3rd stringers and soon-to-be cut guys). He's at least ready to go to No. 2 on the depth chart.

Maybe he's gonna be the Next Big Thing...but I sure would like to see a little less willingness to throw it straight into a DB, and a little more work in the check downs.
In all, for the first time that I've ever seen him, I guess I agree that his arm strength is right there with the hype.
The decision making will come with age and time on the job.
He is certainly more ready to be the #2 than the guy before him!

He not only showed arm strength and mobility, but more importantly, poise. He does need to work on getting a quicker release. Also seeing all his receivers insread of locking in on 1.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:28 pm

Todd Collins looked like it would look if I played QB. Maybe worse.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:29 pm

He did really bad. (Collins)

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:34 pm

HOSS wrote:
die cowboys die wrote:
redskinsrule54 wrote:every team has their starting rb in for the most part at the begining of the preason games so its in no way Gibbs' fault.

no, it is brunell's fault. that interception was beyond inexcusable, and portis was just trying to clean up brunell's mess.

now before i get crucified, i am not saying i hate brunell, or that he shouldn't be playing. i'm just saying that one play, that one throw, was his fault. it is his fault portis got injured. portis would never have been tackling someone otherwise.

do you have any idea how silly it sounds when you claim it was brunell's fault that clinton got hurt?

just wonderin'.

do you have any idea how silly you sound when you voluntarily eschew the concept of causality? brunell's throw caused portis to become a defender and make a tackle, which injured him. something that would NOT have happened otherwise. sorry, that's not really arguable, as it is a fact.

the only possible defense for that pass can be if it is shown that lloyd was supposed to go outside and not inside, as suggested. to me it just looked like a really, really bad attempt at a throw away, but i could be wrong.

let me say that aside from that one extremely disastrous throw, i thought brunell looked pretty good all in all, enough that i'd be pretty damn excited about the regular season if not for this portis injury.

the starting defense was just insane. absolutely sick. we are going to eat some people alive this year.

Postby yupchagee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:34 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Really. It is preseason. I think that Manny White had a good game. Espy had a good game. McCune had a good game. Lloyd had a good game. And lastly,

& I think Eubanks played the best of all the backup CB's. I agree about Espy, he's got Patten & Thrash looking over their shoulders.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:36 pm

remember the 1st string defense played VERY well. hopefully clinton will be healthy in 4 weeks.

go skins!!
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:39 pm

i don't think thrash is looking over his shoudler at all...gibbs loves guys who play ST and this guy is the definition of a special teams STUD. but i definitely agree on patten having to look over at the sidelines, this Espy kid is quite a catch, no pun intended :-)

the defense looked good for the most part, but that secondary needs some work, especially at safety. its okay though, only preseason...only preseason. that's the one thought that was going through my head as i bit my lip and tried not to yell at the tv. only preseason!
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:44 pm

I think for us, being the way we finished the season last year, we expected our team to come out here firing on all cylinders. Well we did 1st strings both sides. Now our 2 biggest problems are O-line depth and CB depth. This is pretty hard to judge b/c should we have a problem with either position we wouldn't bring in 4 or 5 guys who are 2nd stringers. It would be one guy only or so. So this is a guage to see how these guys panned out. And as for Eubanks did ok as well. I just really liked what I saw out of our LB's and a few Dlineman. Our special teams looked decent also.

swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:44 pm

help at safety? two names come to mind, Sean and Adam

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:45 pm

The Int was embarrassing, so was Portis' injury, so was our lack of a run game w/o CP (thanx Ladell) our pass game completely ignored Patten, Randle El, and Cooley, and most of the game after Marcus left our DB's just got burnt and picked on and picked on, with no picks, Dline played hard I will say that for the D.

What Brunell demonstrated was as all of us know he has little to no mobility and gets rattled, I get this feeling with mark like he's trying to pass himself off as something he's not (like a SB Champion) he's not John Elway but he's not Neil O'Donnel, he'll never be Brett Favre but he's better than Todd Collins?

I think Jason Campbell has earned the right to get some time with the first team. Oh and if PRam starts for NY who has the better year MB or PRAM? The fact thats even a question should tell us were not as solid at QB as we might have thought. JCAM is our best QB
HAIL

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Aside from the Portis injury the two things that have me the most concerned are the second string oline and Kenny Wright. The oline was spotty in pass protection and couldn't open up any running lanes. If one of our starters gets injured we could be in some real trouble as far as the oline is concerned. As for Wright, he was downwright pathetic. He was was the defense's Todd Collins tonight. He needs to get his act together quickly.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:53 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:The Int was embarrassing, so was Portis' injury, so was our lack of a run game w/o CP (thanx Ladell) our pass game completely ignored Patten, Randle El, and Cooley, and most of the game after Marcus left our DB's just got burnt and picked on and picked on, with no picks, Dline played hard I will say that for the D.

What Brunell demonstrated was as all of us know he has little to no mobility and gets rattled, I get this feeling with mark like he's trying to pass himself off as something he's not (like a SB Champion) he's not John Elway but he's not Neil O'Donnel, he'll never be Brett Favre but he's better than Todd Collins?

I think Jason Campbell has earned the right to get some time with the first team. Oh and if PRam starts for NY who has the better year MB or PRAM? The fact thats even a question should tell us were not as solid at QB as we might have thought. JCAM is our best QB

I think that you drank more than me tonight. You have to remember this is the first game of preseason. This game is to get guys out there and get a sense of being out on the field again. Don't look more into than that. Really, your reading into it more than that. And Brunell is better than Campbell right now.

swine

Postby redskinsrule54 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:54 pm

Gibbs4Life keep telling urself its preseason

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007