O-Line News

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

O-Line News

Postby BernieSki » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:25 am

ESPN - Whispers from around the NFL

"The Redskins' OL depth could be a season-long concern, but the team liked what it saw when Mike Pucillo played center and Tyson Walter handled left tackle better than anyone expected".

This is good news, all we have been hearing is how much trouble we will be in if one of our starters go down. Have faith in Bugel he can build an O-line like no other.
BernSki

Re: O-Line News

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:34 pm

BernieSki wrote:ESPN - Whispers from around the NFL

"The Redskins' OL depth could be a season-long concern, but the team liked what it saw when Mike Pucillo played center and Tyson Walter handled left tackle better than anyone expected".

This is good news, all we have been hearing is how much trouble we will be in if one of our starters go down. Have faith in Bugel he can build an O-line like no other.

It looks like these 2 & Ike Ndukwe will give us adequate OL depth.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:14 pm

I hope.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:34 am

Funny... I said the exact same thing a few times to people this week... Walter really did surprisingly well at tackle in BOTH games. He and Pucillo are the only ones to have two good preseason games.

We need it... OL depth is our achilles heel. Top five are great... it gets sketchy after that. If Molinaro comes back strong... we're in better shape too.

I still think we're scanning the waiver wire for more experienced depth.

It does also bear mentioning though that the BIGGEST improvement between the two preseason games was the play of the second string offensive line.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:45 am

BossHog wrote:It does also bear mentioning though that the BIGGEST improvement between the two preseason games was the play of the second string offensive line.

Yes. Jasons ability to play well in the second half wasn't impeded by the line like it was in the 1st game. At least thats how I noticed the improvement.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:47 pm

BossHog wrote:Funny... I said the exact same thing a few times to people this week... Walter really did surprisingly well at tackle in BOTH games. He and Pucillo are the only ones to have two good preseason games.

We need it... OL depth is our achilles heel. Top five are great... it gets sketchy after that. If Molinaro comes back strong... we're in better shape too.

I still think we're scanning the waiver wire for more experienced depth.

It does also bear mentioning though that the BIGGEST improvement between the two preseason games was the play of the second string offensive line.

Walter & Pucillo are also the only ones to have NFL experience. Coincidence? They are also both versatile.

I didn't see the Jets game, just listened. Hard to judge line play that way.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:21 pm

I agree with your observations. And while folks are complaining about trading for Duckett when we need o-line depth the truth is that there aren't many O-line guys available. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't take opportunities to improve at other positions.

Chad

piglet

Postby grabndabizketz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:21 pm

I see a ton of good O-Line men in the NFL that are available for the picking when cuts start to happen. I just saw that an good lineman in Minnesota with 18 starts (too many lineman in MN) that can play a couple of positions is potentially available...Goldberg I think his name is. I think their are several of Goldberg like player and a trade of Betts and/or Patten would yield some good OL help.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:15 pm

BossHog wrote:I still think we're scanning the waiver wire for more experienced depth.
RB for OL trade anybody? :-"
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007