Official THN Gameday Thread: WAS vs NE

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
####

Postby JPM36 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
What preseason game was more disastrous for the Redskins? Tonight's blowout loss to NE, or the win in the Hall of Fame Game over Denver 2 years ago when Jansen tore his achilles?

How is one thing even remotely related to the other?? Both games were bad for very different reasons. Clearly Jansen's injury was terrible for the team, no one would even argue about that. But coming out and playing with no intensity and not ebing able to execute the most fundamental basics is pretty bad also. It says something about your team when you get beat 41-0, preseason or not.

I'm just illustrating the point that I'd much rather get blown out then win the game and have a key guy get hurt?

It doesn't sound like any key players got hurt tonight, so let's just all move on.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 pm

Atleast Jason Campbell is playing with some intensity.

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 pm

Mursilis wrote:
GibbSkins wrote:Hey im just logging on .. and I don’t know what the score is( and don’t want to know) 4 the second week in a role I’ve had the game blocked out and wont be able to see it till Sunday @ 1:00 on NFL Network. I even have Direct-TV with the football ticket and I still can’t see it on Comcast
When I was scrolling down to past this message i think i saw that someone said it was like 30-0.. i just want to say don’t panic yet and if u do your a fair weather supporter of this team... remember the last time Gibbs went 0-4 in "PRESEASON" we went on to win the Superbowl.. Gibbs is a master of deception....and a great 1/2 time adjuster...if ur panicking in "PRESEASON" then u need to get off the bandwagon bus now!!!!!! And I hope someone is taking notes so when they come back later and say how much they had faith in Gibbs winning that they get this pessimism thrown back up in there face!!
I don’t mean to be rude……
Hail 2 the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Riggins has been bad-mouthing 'em all night. YOU tell him he's kicked off the bandwagon.

then he needs to get off to......ive been here since i was 5 and i may not like some of what has gone on over all those years but i have yet to ever bad mouth this team... even when Spurrier was here..!!!!!!!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:08 pm

.ive been here since i was 5 and i may not like some of what has gone on over all those years but i have yet to ever bad mouth this team... even when Spurrier was here..!!!!!!!!!

Well congratulations to you.

####

Postby JPM36 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:08 pm

RedskinsFreak wrote:
JPM36 wrote:What preseason game was more disastrous for the Redskins? Tonight's blowout loss to NE, or the win in the Hall of Fame Game over Denver 2 years ago when Jansen tore his achilles?

Equal, for different reasons. The HoF game had a horrendous injury, but it was one in which guys competed for their 1-on-1 assignments and put up a decent level of fight.

This one is just a total lack of fundamentals and desire to compete.

I respect your opinions but I have to say I don't agree with this whatsoever.

Losing Jansen was way more disastrous than this game in my mind. It's not even close.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:09 pm

41-0.

To quote Frank Barone: "Holy crap!"
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:09 pm

Jason Campbell led the team in both passing and rushing tonight. Not a good sign.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Postby nicskins06 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:09 pm

Yeah, I give credit to Campbell, he looks the best out there, and really looks like hes trying his best for this football team...

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:10 pm

Just out of curiousity, I looked up Pittsburgh's preseason record last year, and they were 3-1, so obviously actually trying in preseason isn't a bad thing. Of course, they're 0-3 this year, so they're probably saying "It's only preseason, it's only preseason, . . ." right now too!!

Postby yupchagee » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:10 pm

Mursilis wrote:
GibbSkins wrote:Hey im just logging on .. and I don’t know what the score is( and don’t want to know) 4 the second week in a role I’ve had the game blocked out and wont be able to see it till Sunday @ 1:00 on NFL Network. I even have Direct-TV with the football ticket and I still can’t see it on Comcast
When I was scrolling down to past this message i think i saw that someone said it was like 30-0.. i just want to say don’t panic yet and if u do your a fair weather supporter of this team... remember the last time Gibbs went 0-4 in "PRESEASON" we went on to win the Superbowl.. Gibbs is a master of deception....and a great 1/2 time adjuster...if ur panicking in "PRESEASON" then u need to get off the bandwagon bus now!!!!!! And I hope someone is taking notes so when they come back later and say how much they had faith in Gibbs winning that they get this pessimism thrown back up in there face!!
I don’t mean to be rude……
Hail 2 the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Riggins has been bad-mouthing 'em all night. YOU tell him he's kicked off the bandwagon.

I don't think Riggo has sugarcoated anything in his life. He's just speaking his mind.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:12 pm

Just out of curiousity, I looked up Pittsburgh's preseason record last year, and they were 3-1, so obviously actually trying in preseason isn't a bad thing. Of course, they're 0-3 this year, so they're probably saying "It's only preseason, it's only preseason, . . ." right now too!!

IMO the preseason record doesn't matter whatsoever. I could care less if we went 0-4 so long as the team played with some intensity, looked like it was improving, and was capable of executing fundamentals. So far this preseason we haven't been able to do any of those things. If anything, we are getting worse.

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:13 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
.ive been here since i was 5 and i may not like some of what has gone on over all those years but i have yet to ever bad mouth this team... even when Spurrier was here..!!!!!!!!!

Well congratulations to you.

dude 1/2 way thru this season ... u will be my biatch... :P
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:14 pm

yupchagee wrote:I don't think Riggo has sugarcoated anything in his life. He's just speaking his mind.

That's all any of us are doing. I don't see how anyone who actually sat through that game can say anything positive about it.

The only thing good I can say is that none of our starters got hurt, and it doesn't count for anything.

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:15 pm

Mursilis wrote:
Redskins Rule wrote:New England just called a timeout WITH 41 SECONDS LEFT!!!!! DAYUM! Am I missing something from History here? I didn't think they hated each other!

Why do you think Belichik hates Gibbs? What'd Gibbs ever do to him? Bill B. is just playing this like a real game - play to win. I doubt it's anything personal. Those coaches have no history between them that I know about. Have they even faced each other before?

I think he hates Gibbs because he just ran up the score! Brady audibled AT LEAST 15 TIMES.......Its just preseason! He called for stunt after stunt, after blitz after stunt..........Dayum! He really wanted to win this game! Let him have this victory! Hopefully we'll face him in the regular season the next time!!!!!!!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:17 pm

I think he hates Gibbs because he just ran up the score! Brady audibled AT LEAST 15 TIMES.......Its just preseason! He called for stunt after stunt, after blitz after stunt..........Dayum! He really wanted to win this game! Let him have this victory! Hopefully we'll face him in the regular season the next time!!!!!!!

That's because the Pats played to win the game and we didn't. So what if they called audibles and ran stunts?? The point of the preseason is to get ready for the regular season. Bellichek is just playing the game like he would during the regular season and there is nothing wrong with that. If our team can't handle it that's our problem, not there's.

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007