official Sign-up

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:01 am

I'm there. I've put in for a couple days off from work to be there July 31-Aug. 3. That's going to be it. My next two days off are Aug. 8-9, when the team is in Canton.

Fan App. Day is big enough as it is. It'll be a zoo. Don't think that's the best day for the Hogs.net shindig. (Besides, I won't be there!)
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:13 pm

With everything going on with me now in July and August, it looks like there is no way I'll be able to come down for a full week. As of today, I am hoping to be able to come down on Monday, August 2nd.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby DieselFan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:07 am

I'm semi-local (in-laws live in Reston, about 1 and 1/2 hours from me)...so I'm planning on doing a day trip on one of the Saturday practices open to public (either 7/31 or 8/7).

For those that have been before, I have some (perhaps, dumb) questions:

(1) Does anyone tailgate?
(2) Which Saturday would be better to attend. I don't necessarily want to be there with the casual fans, and I'm thinking the fan appreciation day might be clogged up with cursory fans and/or bandwagoners. Thoughts? Is that a bit too pretentious?
(3) Does The Danny attend? Fly in on his helicopter? Will he be accepting resumes? (just kidding)
Thanks guys...appreciate any input.
"I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell."

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:35 am

(1) Does anyone tailgate?

There weren't any people tailgating in the parking lot last year... they pack them in pretty good, i'm not sure if it would be allowed or not.

(2) Which Saturday would be better to attend. I don't necessarily want to be there with the casual fans, and I'm thinking the fan appreciation day might be clogged up with cursory fans and/or bandwagoners. Thoughts? Is that a bit too pretentious?

Fan Appreciation Day IS a zoo, but I'm not sure the Saturday before will be that much less busy. But there ARE 2 practices on the first Sat. which might give you more to do. Fan Appreciation Day is the ONE day you are guaranteed to get your most sought after autograph though, if that kind of thing appeals to you. if you want to watch some football, I would imagine 07/31 would be better.

3) Does The Danny attend? Fly in on his helicopter? Will he be accepting resumes? (just kidding)

Yep... he's usually sitting on a chair between field #1 and field #2 watching practice with Sonny.

We'll be meeting up each day somewhere, and we'll post that location on the board when we decide on somewhere. Those of us that are staying in the hotel will probably be meeting for breakie and then heading to practice for the AM sessions.

On the days that there are only PM practices... we'll be sleeping off the night before. :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:18 pm

Just to add to the tailgating part....I'm sure they would not allow that...especially the alcohol part of it. The first time they had camp in Ashburn they sold beer and it was awful.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:35 pm

Think they'd notice any non-guests vulturing on the continental breakfast?? :D
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:55 pm

I have to go register for classes on the 31st :( ....

Or maybe I'll skip that :twisted:

Anyway, I'll be sure to bring my football, any of you guys going to feel like doing a bit of throw and catch?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007