Fan Appreciation Day - A little help

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

Fan Appreciation Day - A little help

Postby genuswine hoglover » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:35 pm

I am thinking about flying up to DC for Fan Appreciation Day. Even though I have been a Redskin fan for about 40 years, I have been living away from DC for the last 20 years and I have never been to an event like this. I am finding it very hard to resist the second coming.

I would like to surprise my Dad (who has been a fan much longer than me, and can remember the first season in 1937) and take him as well. I would like some tips from the veterans. Specifically:

1)When to arrive
2)Is there a lot of walking (my father is 84)
3)Are there handicap accomodations (ie wheelchair rentals)
4)Is it hard to find a parking space and is there handicap parking close?
5)Is there any place where hogs.net guys get together to meet?
6)Any questions I should be asking but didn't.

I would appreciate advice from the camp veterans.
I am in a state of ecstasy! Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on. It is sheer, unadulterated, uncompromising ecstasy!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:55 am

Sorry to have missed this until now...

1)When to arrive

If you mean what day... I'm arriving on Fri 30th so that I'm fresh for Sat morning practice. Practices start at 9:00am and with traffic, it's a good idea to get there early. We are staying just 3 miles from the Park, and most mornings, we will probably have left the hotel by 8am... both to beat some of the traffic, and to get there early and get a decent spot (no bleachers or anything to sit in)

2,3&4) it is probably a bit of a walk FROM the regular parking lot to the field... but I believe there is handicapped parking. Actually the layout itself is NOT very wheelchair friendly as it is almost all grass. I'm not sure if it will be the same this year. it might be best to call Redskins Park for this info.

5) We will set up a meeting place and I would imagine for all of us staying at the hotel, we'll be hooking up wherever they are hosting the complimentary continental breakfast. I will post reports every day and we will have a spot that we meet at the Park itself every day too... and we shouldn't be hard to find.... you better all be wearing your thehogs.net t-shirts!

6)Any questions I should be asking but didn't.

There is a lot more info in the camp section of the website too if perhaps you missed anything.

:-)

I hope that helps a little.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby genuswine hoglover » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:05 pm

thanks boss, great idea. I will call the park. I am coming up only for the weekend of the 7th which is fan appreciation day, so I won't be there for the week of the 30th. Arrival timing question was more for how early in the morning and how bad is traffic. Sounds ike I should bring a chair for my dad.
I am in a state of ecstasy! Never mind that nonsense about euphoria and so on. It is sheer, unadulterated, uncompromising ecstasy!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007