WT:Taylor could return to field today

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

WT:Taylor could return to field today

Postby 1niksder » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:24 pm

Taylor could return to field today

By Mark Zuckerman and Jody Foldesy
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Like the thousands of fans who showed up at Redskin Park to watch the first session of Joe Gibbs' training camp yesterday, Sean Taylor was a spectator.
Washington's first-round draft pick spent the day on the sideline nursing a mild right knee sprain while his teammates participated in their first two-a-days. Aside from a few individual drills at the end of each workout, the rookie safety remained out of the fray.

Taylor, who hurt himself trying to defend a pass during the final day of last week's passing camp, remains day-to-day and could return to the field for this afternoon's session.
The former University of Miami star brushed off reporters seeking an update on his condition, saying only, "I'm cool, man."
The Redskins are understandably eager to see Taylor in action after signing him to a seven-year, $18 million contract that could total $40 million. As it stands, the No. 5 pick overall in April's draft has participated in only one of this week's five practices. He also missed the first two days of passing camp while negotiating his contract.
"They held him out of practice this morning because I think he was probably sore," Gibbs said. "I didn't ask him. I'm sure it was something where they wanted to hold him out."
Sellers sprains ankle
Mike Sellers, who lined up as the starting H-back, sprained his right ankle during the morning session and spent the afternoon watching on the sideline and wearing a protective boot.
"Someone rolled on the back of my ankle during a run drill," said Sellers, who rejoined the Redskins this offseason after stints with the Cleveland Browns and in the CFL. "There's lots of traffic. You just have to hope you can step out of the way sometimes."
Sellers, who had been ahead of Brian Kozlowski and veteran Chris Cooley, was listed day-to-day.
Said Gibbs: "We're a little worried there, but we think he's going to be OK."
Defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin also suffered a minor ankle sprain in the morning session. He returned after receiving treatment but later was a bit sore. Linebacker Chris Clemons sprained his ankle as well and is listed day-to-day.
Extra points
Nose tackle Brandon Noble, who blew out his left knee in the 2003 preseason, participated in the full-pads workout and then sat out the afternoon, as expected.
"My knee felt good, but talk to me tomorrow and next week and we'll see how it's going," Noble said. "It's just nice to get out here, hit somebody, get hit and play football again." ...
The Redskins made a series of roster moves. Cornerback Walt Harris (knee) was placed on the active/physically unable to perform list. He still could be cleared to play in the next week or two. Kicker Ola Kimrin, defensive back Ryan Clark and wide receiver Dameane Douglas (who tried out for club officials in the morning) all signed. Offensive lineman Quinn Christensen and defensive back Dennard Wilson (leg) were cut.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/2 ... -5607r.htm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007