Divisional Playoff Predictions

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Pursuer of Justice

Divisional Playoff Predictions

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:31 am

A weekend full of upsets? Hmmmm. I'm thinkin' there is a good possibility!!!

Carolina at St. Louis (-7.5)

I don't know about the rest of ya, but Carolina really showed me something last week against an over-matched Dallas team. Yes, St. Louis is a better team...but I've always liked the time-controlling pound-it-out teams better than the high-scoring aerial attacks. This is my 1st upset pick of the weekend.

Carolina: 27 St. Loius: 21

Tennessee at New England (-6.0)

New England has really looked impressive lately. The Titans "D" is playing a much better offense this week than last week's opponent. Look for New England to win this one going away.

New England: 31 Tennessee: 20

Green Bay at Philadelphia (-5.5)

I hate Eagles fans almost as much as I hate the Cowboys......almost. Brian Westbrook was a primary weapon for the Eagles this year and he's not going to be around. Green Bay seems to be playing extremely well lately and is peaking at the right time of year. Don't look now...but the Eagles aren't going to make it to the NFC Championship game this year!! Look for McNabb to have one of his "bad" days. This is my 2nd upset pick for the weekend.

Green Bay: 24 Eagles: 13

Indianapolis at Kansas City (-3.5)

Wow! Did the Colts look impressive last week or what!?!?!? Kansas City, though very impressive early on, has looked beatable in the 2nd half of the season. I am still not convinced that Manning is a top playoff QB, but I think his streak is going to continue and the Colt are going to upset the Chiefs. This is my 3rd upset pick for the weekend.

Indianapolis: 31 Chiefs: 24
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:00 am

can't argue with those picks. bulger dosen't handle presure well, and carolina will get tons of it. tenn is banged up and in no shape to face NE. go packers, nuff said. KC has no defense, peyton will get his second career playoff victory.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:30 am

Ditto on the picks, Venting Hog. I think I'm gonna go out on a limb and put Green Bay Vs Indianapolis for the big dance. Just a feel'n. And I think Indy will take it in a close one. 8)

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:52 pm

Yes it's tempting to go with the vistors this week but have you forgotten what a avantage it is for teams to not only get a week off but also play at home?

Carolina at St. Louis (-7.5)
I picked the Rams to go to the SB right up until they lost home field to Detroit of all teams, because no one beats them at home??...Now I'm not so sure they can go on the road and do it, but this game is at home. Carolina's game against Dallas did nothing to improve what I already think of them...good and upcoming team with a solid ready to be great defense. They were suppose to do that to Dallas

Rams 24-20

Tennessee at New England (-6.0

Titans very emotional win last week, anything left. Nope! That couples with BB being the best at gameplanning and he had 2 weeks for this one

Pats 31 Titans 9

Green Bay at Philadelphia (-5.5)

This is the one game were I'm tempted to take the visitors, with Westbrooke out Philly is vunerable, but Damn they find ways to win!

Philly 27 GB 24

Indianapolis at Kansas City (-3.5)

Yes Indy and Payton were great, but with the best o-line in football and a Priest the Chefs will keep Payton and Co. off the field long enough to win.

KC 34 Indy 24
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

piggie

Re: Divisional Playoff Predictions

Postby tnathan » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:23 pm

I hate Eagles fans almost as much as I hate the Cowboys......almost.

me, i'm praying for the pack. i think at this point i hate the eagles even more than the cowboys. at least for the moment. i went to high school in PA, and now most of the guys i'm friends with are eagles fans. nothing worse than having your friends' team beating you year in and year out. plus, they chant "E-A-G-L-E-S" at any event even remotely related to philly. example: i went to a flyers-rangers game in new york... after the flyers won in OT, a bunch of leviathon flyers fans started with the eagles chant. irritating.

so here i am, praying for the pack. knock those eagles down. i'm sick of hearing about them. anyone agree?
"rarely does a man have greater heroes than the champions of his youth."

-mike wilbon

go you nats

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:04 pm

All of us agree brother!!!!!!!

But you might want to lay a fin down on DE's picks after last week anyway, regardless of what you think.

:rock:

He's got a hot hand... we'll see how he does this week.

I'm gonna play another hand of GB, Ind, NE and STL myself, but I'll be swallowing my pride and playing DE's too.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:34 pm

I still lean toward most of the home teams. They're the best four in the league and they've had a week off.

The one that's going down this weekend is Kansas City. No defense = no chance in the playoffs.

But anything can happen. I can comprehend a scenario in which all of the other home teams lose as well.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:11 pm

Here's a stat for ya I heard this week teams that win a wild card game by 30 or more points and go on the road the next week are 2-9!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:54 pm

New England is going all the way, I feel that they will be to hard to beat at home, just my 2 cents, but man is it going to be cold up there tonight.
New England 21
Tennessee 3

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:23 pm

doeslammer wrote:New England is going all the way, I feel that they will be to hard to beat at home, just my 2 cents, but man is it going to be cold up there tonight.
New England 21
Tennessee 3

Hmmm... I predict that Tennessee will score at least 14 (ok, I cheated... it's 14-14 now :P ). I have no good reason to root for or against either team in this case... I admire a lot about both teams, starting with their coaches. Man... right now I admire the NE fans... it looks FRIGID there! :shock:
Robert :D

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:26 pm

Justice Hog... great call on the Carolina win. You almost nailed the score :D
Robert :D

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:31 pm

Thanks Robert K.

We'll see how the rest of my picks hold out.....maybe I can get the same respect as DEHog is getting after his picks last week.

Go PACKERS!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

aka Sarcastic Hog

Postby skinz74 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:45 pm

I'm tell'n'ya...Colts vs Packers for the big one.

Packers 27, Eggles 17

Colts 35, Chiefs 21

Then...

Packers 38, Panthers 24

Colts 24, Patriots 21 *OT*

Colts 31, Packers 20

We'll see...

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:05 am

That a tall order to win two on the road as the Pack and Colts will have to do.

VH lets hope you have the hot hand this week and the Pack beat up on the beagles

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:59 pm

Okay, folks. Win wise, I'm 3-0 thus far. Against the spread, I'm 2-1.

Let's hope the Packers come through for me and spank the tweety birds!!!!

You know what?

I'd rather be 1-4 this weekend....as long as that single win was the Packers beatin' the Birds!!!!

Sing it outload: "L - O - S - E - R - S.....LOSERS!!"
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Around the League