mora jr. in as falcons HC

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
aka Evil Hog

mora jr. in as falcons HC

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:50 am

mora jr. was officially named HC of the falcons. that leaves chi, buf, and oak.
i think mora deserves a shot, he's been around Football all his life. his dad coached forever.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:09 am

Like any coaching move seems even remotely significant now.

I think there are 50,000 to 1 odds on Al Davis being the next coach of the Raiders in Vegas.... and they're running out of candidates. Anyone close enough to drop a fin on Al for me?

:-)

I found this in my reads today and i don't really know what to make of it...

ESPN.com has learned that, on Friday, the Bears sought and were granted permission by the Pittsburgh Steelers to interview offensive line coach Russ Grimm. Such a meeting will not come until next week and would be canceled, of course, if Angelo lands Saban.

I gotta tell ya, sure all sounds fishy. Steelers don't want him going anywhere, but he can talk to Chicago? Didn't they deny the Redskins the same permission? Are we playing possum and lying in the weeds on Grimm? I think we are. I think we just have to let some things shake loose a little, to cater to those 'new rules' that Gibbs has been referring to, and I think there's still a possibility that Grimm could return to Washington. Just a feeling -- no solid grounds for the belief other than the fact that there is no logic to the whole situation so far.

Incidentally, I think Nick Saban will get the Bears job and Fassel will get the Bills, but I have no idea who Da Raidas will end up with.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:07 pm

if offered ANY HC job, grimm should jump at it. but we still haven't named an OC yet have we?(bugel is AHC i think) we would probably be able to seek permission to talk for that kind of promotion....
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:45 pm

Is the Gibbs hire all the sudden making Grimm that hot of a commodity??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:28 pm

I heard this morning that no one should expect Grimm to be going anywhere, other than maybe a promotion in Pittsburgh to OC....they really like and want to keep him there and Mularky may be hired elsewhere.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Aussie Hog

Postby Amberion » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:57 pm

ESPN are reporting that Mularkey is interviewing for the Raiders HC vacancy.

If he gets it that may be why Pittsburgh are leary about Russ leaving as they want him to take over the OC position

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:18 pm

DEHog wrote:Is the Gibbs hire all the sudden making Grimm that hot of a commodity??

That's an interesting question. When I heard earlier today something about Grimm being a head coaching candidate... I wondered where did that come from all of the sudden? :?

I would definitely like to see the 'Skins get Grimm in here in some capacity.
Robert :D

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:28 am

One of the rules about talking to a coach is that you can't unless you are offering a promotion. I don't see Grimmy as an OC. We couldn't offer him a positional coaching postion without Putzburghs permission and they have stated an unequivocal "no".

If Grimm can get a promotion elsewhere, Pittsburgh can't stop it - though I don't know the rules for getting compensation for a coach leaving under contract without permission. That was one thing that burned me about Schotty was letting Rhodes go and not getting compensated as Denver was prepared to do.
Rich in Roanoke

Joe's#1Fan

Re: mora jr. in as falcons HC

Postby gibbsfan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:34 pm

hailskins666 wrote:mora jr. was officially named HC of the falcons. that leaves chi, buf, and oak.
i think mora deserves a shot, he's been around Football all his life. his dad coached forever.

he deserves a shot,heck it aint like he has michael vick there-but i guess we will wait and see want we. :lol:
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Return to Around the League