T.O. Done for the year

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
swine

T.O. Done for the year

Postby zr0hero » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:57 pm

The outspoken star receiver was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate Owens for the rest of the season.

WOW. This made my day.

See ya later T.O. Finally all that stuff you talked is coming back to you.

:lol: :lol: 8) 8) :) :D :!:

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:25 pm

I'm sure there will be plenty of links out there on this.

Here's one: http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051107/NEWS/51107013
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:35 pm

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:43 pm

Back and better than ever!

Postby Schlereth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:59 pm

This made my day.
Mark Shlereth - the best football player produced by the state of Alaska

I am an Eagles fan.

^^^^

Postby Punu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm

I wonder what team would actually consider picking him up...
He's a one year player... What coach/organization would take a chance on him?
Skins Crazy... I get it from my pops

Don't matter where you are.... YOUR IN REDSKINS COUNTRY!

Hog

Postby skins81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:51 pm

I read PFT mostly for comedic purposes, but they get it right every once in a while.
POSTED 6:10 p.m. EST, November 7, 2005
"T." COULD "O." BONUS MONEY

In addition to the $7.5 million in option and roster bonus money that the Eagles won't pay to T.O. in March 2006, we've determined based on the text of his contract that the team also may be able to pursue more than $1.7 million in bonus money paid to him when he signed his contract on March 16, 2004.

Per the contract, the original $2.3 million signing bonus expressly requires repayment of $1.725 million for a "default" occurring between January 31, 2005 and January 31, 2006. A "default" occurs if, among other things, Owens is suspended for more than one game for conduct detrimental to the team.

Owens also received a $6.2 million roster bonus in 2004, none of which is subject to repayment for conduct occurring after the 2004 league year.

Thus, T.O.'s looming grievance regarding his four-game suspension is worth much more than 4/17ths of his 2005 base salary (which actually is $3.25 million, not $3.5 million as reported elsewhere). In addition to four game checks worth a total of $764,705, Owens could be forced to pay back to the team, if the grievance is upheld, all but $575,000 of his original signing bonus.

And since the grievance likely won't be resolved before the end of the regular season, our guess is that the Eagles will withhold his final five game checks (worth $955,882) as a down payment against his $1.725 million debt. Indeed, the contract signed by T.O. grants the team full discretion to deduct and set off sums owed by the player from sums owed to the player.

The bottom line for Owens is that his conduct could end up costing him $2,489,705 in past bonus money and 2005 salary. In order to merely break even as to where he would have been if the team had exercised its March 2006 option, Owens needs to pocket $9,989,705 on his next contract.

And we'll bet $9,989,705 that it won't happen.
"I DN'T ENVISION MYSELF LEAVING, BUT I CN'T STAY WHERE I'M NT WANTED AFTER ALL THESE REPORTS R COMIN OUT DAILY!" - TO

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:45 pm

The Cardinals will gladly take T.O. and they plan for him to beat up the quarterback every week if he doesn't play well!!! ROTFALMAO
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

###

Postby redskindave » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:45 pm

Good, He deserves it.
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:46 am

espn reports that owens will hold a press conference at 3 pm today to address his suspension. should be some fine entertainment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2216703
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

TO Suspension reduced

Postby skins81 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:15 am

There is still a chance he plays somewhere this year. WHat a joke this has become.
LINK
"I DN'T ENVISION MYSELF LEAVING, BUT I CN'T STAY WHERE I'M NT WANTED AFTER ALL THESE REPORTS R COMIN OUT DAILY!" - TO

|||

What did T.O. do to deserve such hate?

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:20 pm

Ok he had an opinion of a teammate that wasnt good. He was telling the truth. He griped about his contract the guy deserved it he risked his whole career coming back early from an ankle injury to play the SuperBowl. If you ask me thats called dedication to winning. He hasnt shot anybody or anything so why the negative publicity. He gives 100 percent effort every play and is always tip top shape. There are plenty of people in the league who dont get along he just happens to be in the limelight. I would take him in a second. He is a very passionate guy who dosent except anything but the best from his teammates so whats wrong with that. For once a guy does what he gets paid to do. Last time I checked everyone has a right to there opinion. And he gets fired for voicing it. The punishment dosent fit the crime If it was a crime at all to begin with. Why not consider it? The positives outweigh the negatives. You can knock the action of him speaking out about Donovan but his character is of the stuff champs are made of. A little maturity sure he needs a healthy dose of that. But all in all what has the guy done to deserve such B.S. hes getting. There are players in the league who where up for drug charges ala Jamal Lewis. His teamate Ray Lewis was involved with you know that murder thing. Our own beloved Sean Taylor is being accused with assault hope he didnt do it. But gosh give the guy a break he all he did was voice his opinion. The Redskins could benefit from a guy like T.O. he has some flaws but none that cant be taken care of. The guy wants to win. We want to win he takes care of buisness. Im sure Gibbs could work it out. Its a longshot but I would welcome him on the Redskins Roster. How would he tarnish a reputation of excellence. The guy is the ultimate preformer nobodys perfect." Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." With that im out Hail to the Redskins.
Last edited by HEROHAMO on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:24 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up back in SF, for some reason?
Back and better than ever!

Domin8

Re: What did T.O. do to deserve such hate?

Postby SKINZ_DOMIN8 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:24 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Ok he had an opinion of a teammate that wasnt good. He was telling the truth. He griped about his contract the guy deserved it he risked his whole career coming back early from an ankle injury to play the SuperBowl. If you ask me thats called dedication to winning. He hasnt shot anybody or anything so why the negative publicity. He gives 100 percent effort every play and is always tip top shape. There are plenty of people in the league who dont get along he just happens to be in the limelight. I would take him in a second. He is a very passionate guy who dosent except anything but the best from his teammates so whats wrong with that. For once a guy does what he gets paid to do. Last time I checked everyone has a right to there opinion. And he gets fired for voicing it. The punishment dosent fit the crime If it was a crime at all to begin with. Why not consider it? The positives outweigh the negatives. You can knock the action of him speaking out about Donovan but his character is of the stuff champs are made of. A little maturity sure he needs a healthy dose of that. But all in all what has the guy done to deserve such B.S. hes getting. There are players in the league who where up for drug charges ala Jamal Lewis. His teamate Ray Lewis was involved with you know that murder thing. Our own beloved Sean Taylor is being accused with assault hope he didnt do it. But gosh give the guy a break he all he did was voice his opinion.

I truly agree with you the problem is there are a lot of stupid "sports fans" that listen to the media. According to the media you are supposed to play with no disregard to your contract--whether it is fair or not.

The retard Eagles could have escaped all this drama had they payed Owens what he was worth. IT IS ENTIRELY THEIR STUPID FAULT.

Bottom Line: Owens is better than 99% of our always injured-big mouths we have on this team now.

Bring him in today after Philthy releases him. I don't care what Joe Gibbs would or would not do. This is not his team this is The Redskins Fans' team. And if Gibbs doesn't like it: Tough. Daniel Snyder deserves a winning team and so do all the real Skins fans like myself that don't care about personalities but rather wins and titles.
***Poster of the Year*** Hail to the Redskins. Everything else is inferior. Guess who's not a HOMER on this site.

Hog

Postby hkHog » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:33 pm

This arbitrator sucks. First he was supposed to have made his decision by Sunday, then by Monday, then by Tuesday night, and most recently Wednesday at noon. Well it's 1 freaking 30 and his ruling hasn't come out yet!!! This is agonizing, let this whole stupid story be done with!
"We're not going to be the pushovers of the NFL, we're gonna push over some people!" - Clinton Portis

Return to Around the League