Something that might make some of us feel a little better...

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

Who would you choose to replace Irvin as an ESPN analyst?

Clinton Portis; with his costumes every thursday
31%
Art Monk; another WR to take his prespective
50%
Mike Martz; take a break with coaching, he always has somthing to say to press
6%
Terrell Owens; He will have 90+ min. to talk smack to Donavan and fellow Eagles
13%

Total votes : 16
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:06 pm

air_hog wrote:That would be funny if ESPN picked up TO for the rest of the season, like when FOX picked up Meshawn.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they do pick him up...

I would almost agree with you, but I think TO is going to hold out hopes of playing somewhere this season--perhaps on a playoff-bound team. That is, unless the hearing went completely in the Eagles direction. . .I never actually heard the followup on that one, come to think of it.

If anything, this (in my mind) ensures that Irvin will not get in the Hall of Fame this year. I think he still might sneak in before Monk, which would be a tragedy, but there'd be too much PR clutter to let a questionable nominee get in on his very first try.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:51 pm

FanfromAnnapolis wrote:
air_hog wrote:That would be funny if ESPN picked up TO for the rest of the season, like when FOX picked up Meshawn.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they do pick him up...

I would almost agree with you, but I think TO is going to hold out hopes of playing somewhere this season--perhaps on a playoff-bound team. That is, unless the hearing went completely in the Eagles direction. . .I never actually heard the followup on that one, come to think of it.

If anything, this (in my mind) ensures that Irvin will not get in the Hall of Fame this year. I think he still might sneak in before Monk, which would be a tragedy, but there'd be too much PR clutter to let a questionable nominee get in on his very first try.
That already happened.

Now Cowboy haters have another reason to shut him out again.He won't ever get in.

Not that he doesn't have himself to blame.
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:45 pm

JH...see "Taylor, Lawrence" for great players with poor personal decisions in the HOF.
Irvin will go in (but not this year). There's too many good Cowboys (!!) already not in.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Return to Around the League