What would make you happier?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

What would make you happier?

If the Cowgirls missed the playoffs by 1 game...again?
94%
Or the Cowgirls get to the Super Bowl and then get Humilliated really really badly?
6%

Total votes : 62
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:50 am

I just like the matchup in NY and even more after last week - this will be a lot more focused team and at home. As I've said before, I hate both these teams and especially their coaches.

I just feel that Dallas will win this division and eventually will find a way to lose in the playoffs. I agree that no NFC team is all that great but Dallas are starting to think that they are better than they really are and that IMO has always been their problem. Romo has been unbelievable - anyone that thinks he is going to continue with that level is on something - but then that stuff is pretty prevalent in that part of the country :shock:

I said much earlier this year that it would come down to the Redskins and the pukes. I have little to no confidence that Eli is a decent QB - he is not! The iggles last 6 games were always going to cripple them and no team is any good when they lose at the end of the season.

So the pukes will win the East but they will still not be a better team than us at the end of this season and they will not be going far in the playoffs.

The Bears only worry is that Grossman has not handled his job as well as they would like but I think Lovie will tone him down and their defense will get them to the dance - then it really comes down to who ends up coming out of the AFC - that is some interesting match-ups.
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

####

Postby JPM36 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Romo has been good but the main reason Dallas is in first place right now is not the play of Tony Romo, it is all the injuries the Giants have had.

Did Tony Romo's solid play cause the Giants to lose 3 straight games? Even with Romo playing way over his head, if the Giants were healthy, Dallas would still be in 2nd place and looking at a wildcard berth.

Everything just seems to be breaking right for those guys this year.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:50 pm

JPM36 wrote:Romo has been good but the main reason Dallas is in first place right now is not the play of Tony Romo, it is all the injuries the Giants have had.

Did Tony Romo's solid play cause the Giants to lose 3 straight games? Even with Romo playing way over his head, if the Giants were healthy, Dallas would still be in 2nd place and looking at a wildcard berth.

Having a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense helps
RIP Sean Taylor

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:55 pm

JPM36 wrote:Romo has been good but the main reason Dallas is in first place right now is not the play of Tony Romo, it is all the injuries the Giants have had.

I understand what you are saying about the Giants but they still have a QB that is going to make very bad decisions & even without the injuries that team was not going to win the East. I am amazed that Burress is still playing after his very bad play after interceptions on successive weeks - this guy should have been fined for that type of play. My 2 cents.

I also agree about the breaks going the pukes way but that has a way of going the other way too!

The pukes QB has not been responsible for their defense either - this is still a team game. You do have to play both sides reasonably well although the NFC has not seen much of that this year.

At the end of the day it is really simple to me - the Giants are not going to be a threat while they have Eli as their QB and the pukes are not near as good as they think they are.
I must say that until the last game the Redskins have not played to our abilities, hopefully, that is all going to change this week.
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:06 pm

Primetime42 wrote:You want me to respond to the George Allen era, JSPB?

I was only referring to the fact that Allen's mantra was "the future is now!"
He traded away players and draft picks to acquire "the over-the-hill gang." So no need to respond to it, just recognize that there are lots of ways to build a championship team, and the draft is only one.

PS:
Here's a trivia question for ya:
Q. What team did the Allen's over-the-hill Redskins beat in the NFC Championship game in '72?
A. The same team Beathard and Gibbs' Redskins beat in the '82 NFC Championship game.
ROTFALMAO
Last edited by Deadskins on Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

####

Postby JPM36 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:08 pm

The Cowboys are a fine team but they have had a lot of breaks this year. Everything went their way in that Colts game for example.

A truly great team doesn't go 1-3 (1-4 after Sunday) in its own division.

If they were in the AFC they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:10 pm

OK, I really do not want to become known as a Cowboys defender but you can make the argument that they are not only the best NFC team, they are arguably the best team in the NFL right now. I don't see another team with the kind of balance Dallas has, save New England and I'm still not sold on their ability to win in the playoffs with that group of wideouts.
Dallas still commits too many penalties, something the Pats do not do though I think some of that is a function of a love affair with Brady and Bellicheck. And, again, history tells us that Romo will not continue to play at this level and will likely have a really bad game or two in the near future.
However, if I had to pick one team right now to call the best, I'd have to (regretably) say it is Dallas. :(
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Fios wrote:OK, I really do not want to become known as a Cowboys defender

too late :lol:
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

####

Postby JPM36 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:49 pm

Fios wrote:OK, I really do not want to become known as a Cowboys defender but you can make the argument that they are not only the best NFC team, they are arguably the best team in the NFL right now. I don't see another team with the kind of balance Dallas has, save New England and I'm still not sold on their ability to win in the playoffs with that group of wideouts.
Dallas still commits too many penalties, something the Pats do not do though I think some of that is a function of a love affair with Brady and Bellicheck. And, again, history tells us that Romo will not continue to play at this level and will likely have a really bad game or two in the near future.
However, if I had to pick one team right now to call the best, I'd have to (regretably) say it is Dallas. :(

Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Ravens would all whup them in the Super Bowl. I'd take Denver, Kansas City or Cincy over them too.

They wouldn't have a prayer in Chicago in the playoffs either.

You've been listening to too much talk radio if you think Dallas is the best team in the NFL.

piglet

Postby BossHawg » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:37 pm

The 49ers picked up a WR named Brandon Williams with the pick they acquired from us in the trade for Lloyd. Lloyd has been overshadowed by the Skins poor performance overall this year, but he's shown moments of what he has the potential to be once we smooth things out. Williams has seen 8 games with primarily kick and punt return duty.

FYI - I think the fourth round draft pick that was given up for Lloyd is for the 2007 NFL draft. Brandon Williams is a rookie and was selected in the 2006 NFL draft. That kind of puts holes in your theory. :hmm:

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

JPM36 wrote:
Fios wrote:OK, I really do not want to become known as a Cowboys defender but you can make the argument that they are not only the best NFC team, they are arguably the best team in the NFL right now. I don't see another team with the kind of balance Dallas has, save New England and I'm still not sold on their ability to win in the playoffs with that group of wideouts.

Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Ravens would all whup them in the Super Bowl. I'd take Denver, Kansas City or Cincy over them too.

They wouldn't have a prayer in Chicago in the playoffs either.

You've been listening to too much talk radio if you think Dallas is the best team in the NFL.
Rest assured that this thread will come back to haunt you in January.

They've turned it on at the right time and are as balanced as any team in the league. Maybe moreso than any other.

Penalties have been the only real killer so far and they've been greatly toned down in the last three games.

Why is everyone convinced Romo must have a bad game? Maybe he won't have a bad game, just some mediocre games where he does just enough to win.

Damn sure wasn't his fault they lost in Washington.

Dallas will not only make the playoffs, but they will travel far and are as good a bet as any to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

If you people can get away with declaring that about the Redskins last year, you know damn well that I'll harp on it.
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

####

Postby JPM36 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:40 pm

PT- It would be hard for me to look any worse than you did last year when you wrote that you would go on a hunger strike if the Cowboys ever signed Terrell Owens.

How's that going by the way?

Dallas isn't going to go any further than the Redskins did last year. That's the bottom line.

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:39 pm

JPM36 wrote:PT- It would be hard for me to look any worse than you did last year when you wrote that you would go on a hunger strike if the Cowboys ever signed Terrell Owens.

Dallas isn't going to go any further than the Redskins did last year. That's the bottom line.
Oh, but I did.

For about 5 hours. Never said how long it would be :lol:

I'll wager you Dallas goes to the NFC Championship game at the least, what would you like?
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

####

Postby JPM36 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:55 pm

Primetime42 wrote:
JPM36 wrote:PT- It would be hard for me to look any worse than you did last year when you wrote that you would go on a hunger strike if the Cowboys ever signed Terrell Owens.

Oh, but I did.

For about 5 hours. Never said how long it would be :lol:

I'll wager you Dallas goes to the NFC Championship game at the least, what would you like?

Bottom line was that I was right about T.O. and I am right about this.

Name your stakes.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:52 am

A quick note: please remember that THN doesn't allow avatar bets, and that sig bets generally should follow two rules:

(1) the sig needs to be appropriate for all forums (PG), and
(2) use a time limit, rather than a post count *cough cough* Redeemed *hack cough*

carry on. . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Around the League