Michigan Was Robbed

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
cleg
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Michigan Was Robbed

Postby cleg » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:13 am

MI was robbed by the coaches polls. No way, Florida should be playing for the National Champ.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:24 am

Moved to the Lounge
RIP Sean Taylor

cleg
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:55 am

Why? In Around the League it says you can talk about college.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

Postby redskingush » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:04 am

they werent robbed, they had there chance to knock of OSU, they lost 42-39. Florida stacked up well. there easiest oppenent was Central Florida. The 3 lack luster games michigan played vs Central Michigan, Ball State and Vandy hurt them in the polls. Why do they always schedule these cream puffs.

Florida deserves this game, they even had to play the extra game the other day vs Arkansas.

Florida should be in this game but OSU will beat them anyway.
GO SKINS GO!!

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:06 am

cleg wrote:Why? In Around the League it says you can talk about college.


Yup, good point, moved back
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:08 pm
Location: Howard County, Md.

Postby HailSkins94 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:57 am

Florida will get blown out. Michigan should have played for the title, mark my words...
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

||||
Posts: 1788
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:17 am
Location: Burke, VA

Postby Redskins Rule » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:27 am

redskingush wrote:they werent robbed, they had there chance to knock of OSU, they lost 42-39. Florida stacked up well. there easiest oppenent was Central Florida. The 3 lack luster games michigan played vs Central Michigan, Ball State and Vandy hurt them in the polls. Why do they always schedule these cream puffs.

Florida deserves this game, they even had to play the extra game the other day vs Arkansas.

Florida should be in this game but OSU will beat them anyway.


Florida got lucky winning most of their games this year! The ball just seemed to bounce their way when they absolutely had to score........Michigan on the other hand played good sound football throughout the season! Besides, Its Florida we're talking about and everyone hates Florida!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:12 pm

I understand why Michigan fans are upset but there is a line of thinking that I agree with in that it's hard to justify sending a team that 1) didn't win its conference and 2) already lost to OSU. I'm not saying Florida is better just that it's not totally insane to send them over Michigan.
RIP Sean Taylor

Mmmm...donuts
Posts: 2400
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:44 pm

Fios wrote:I understand why Michigan fans are upset but there is a line of thinking that I agree with in that it's hard to justify sending a team that 1) didn't win its conference and 2) already lost to OSU. I'm not saying Florida is better just that it's not totally insane to send them over Michigan.


I don't follow college football all that much, but your argument seems a bit bass ackwards. They didn't win their division because......No. 1 OSU won it. Does losing their division mean they can't be the No. 2 team in the nation? And just because they already lost to the No. 1 team in the country doesn't necessarily exclude them from being the second best team in the nation. Florida didn't lose to OSU, but they did lose to the 11th ranked team. So losing to a No. 11 team means you're more qualified to play for the championship than if you lose to the top ranked team?

The only reason I can nod my head at as to why Florida is No. 2 is the strength of schedule argument. Florida has played -- and beaten -- more ranked teams than UM. I find it very annoying, by the way, that Tressel declined to vote.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:14 am
Location: Washington D.C

Postby InsaneBoost » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:09 pm

Thats why nobody likes the BCS, the computer does it all, it should be like the NFL, Records, not a computer setup
Redskins | Capitals | Nationals | Wizards | D.C United | UMD

08 Champ
Posts: 13383
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Fios wrote:I understand why Michigan fans are upset but there is a line of thinking that I agree with in that it's hard to justify sending a team that 1) didn't win its conference and 2) already lost to OSU. I'm not saying Florida is better just that it's not totally insane to send them over Michigan.

I agree - I actually think Michigan is the second best team in the country -BUT, they already had their chance!

joebagadonuts wrote:I don't follow college football all that much, but your argument seems a bit bass ackwards. They didn't win their division because......No. 1 OSU won it. Does losing their division mean they can't be the No. 2 team in the nation? And just because they already lost to the No. 1 team in the country doesn't necessarily exclude them from being the second best team in the nation. Florida didn't lose to OSU, but they did lose to the 11th ranked team. So losing to a No. 11 team means you're more qualified to play for the championship than if you lose to the top ranked team?

The only reason I can nod my head at as to why Florida is No. 2 is the strength of schedule argument. Florida has played -- and beaten -- more ranked teams than UM.


I also do not really get too into the college game and again I do think Michigan is a very good college footbal team BUT I also agree with the strength of schedule argument.


I would also offer that if Michigan played Ohio State again and won a close game - OSU should still be #1 because it won the game that decided the Big 10 Championship which at that time was the most important game of the season.
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Pacman Rules
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Lawn Monster

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:08 pm

Winning the SEC (the hardest conference in all of college football) should constitute a shot at the national title. I cant wait for this game and hope that Florida suprises the nation. The SEC will prevail. Go gators
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:53 am

joebagadonuts wrote:
Fios wrote:I understand why Michigan fans are upset but there is a line of thinking that I agree with in that it's hard to justify sending a team that 1) didn't win its conference and 2) already lost to OSU. I'm not saying Florida is better just that it's not totally insane to send them over Michigan.


I don't follow college football all that much, but your argument seems a bit bass ackwards. They didn't win their division because......No. 1 OSU won it. Does losing their division mean they can't be the No. 2 team in the nation? And just because they already lost to the No. 1 team in the country doesn't necessarily exclude them from being the second best team in the nation. Florida didn't lose to OSU, but they did lose to the 11th ranked team. So losing to a No. 11 team means you're more qualified to play for the championship than if you lose to the top ranked team?

The only reason I can nod my head at as to why Florida is No. 2 is the strength of schedule argument. Florida has played -- and beaten -- more ranked teams than UM. I find it very annoying, by the way, that Tressel declined to vote.


I follow college football with the same intensity, or lack thereof, that you do, I'm just saying I can see some logic in saying Florida won it's conference, Michigan did not, thus Michigan loses out. Is it "fair"? No but the Bowl system sucks as it is anyway. Sure, I agree that Michigan is a better team but you'd have trouble selling me on the notion that since Michigan deserves a second shot at OSU as opposed to a team that won its division. A playoff system, even a four team system, would be a better solution but, until that happens, we're stuck with not-very-good solutions.
Oh, and your mother.
RIP Sean Taylor

####
Posts: 1885
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Postby JPM36 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:03 am

I think that Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country but that Florida deserves to be in that game more. Michigan already had their chance to beat the Buckeyes and they lost.

Remember in the early 90s when the two best teams in the NFL would always play in the NFC Championship game and then the winner would destroy the AFC champ in the Super Bowl two weeks later? Just bc everyone knew that the team who lost the NFC Championship game was really the 2nd best team, didn't mean that they got a 2nd chance in the Super Bowl. They already had their shot. Just like Michigan did.

I think the BCS got it right and both the title game and the Rose Bowl look like GREAT football games.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

Postby redskingush » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:01 pm

The funny thing is, USC is going to crush Michigan in the Rose Bowl. USC stunk on Saturday VS UCLA but they destroyed ND 2 weeks ago, at 10-2 they dont deserve the title game, but I still think they are a good matchup to OSU.
GO SKINS GO!!

Return to Around the League